Does any one else think RGB keyboard are a fad?

Noble372

Well i see it having great potential, especially with softwares like from corsair, lighting up specific keys like wasd or changing color of the wasd vs other keys etc can be very useful. Plus you can get the exact color you want. 

I feel that they are quite overhyped but I still think they are a great idea since getting colour coordinated peripherals can be quite a challenge but having RGB capability makes it quite a bit easier :)

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

It unlocks brand new possibilities that we have never dreamed before

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I can use a keyboard without lights. I never even look down at mine. If you have the money to spend on one of these you should know you're way around a keyboard.

It unlocks brand new possibilities that we have never dreamed before

Like changing the lights to we get bored xD

RGB keyboards are a fad let us face it. When we have are friends round we will show them the lights and the keyboard lighting up all different keys. After a while of using it and changing colours the novelty soon wears off and the person using the RGB keyboard will most likely leave it all on one solid colour to match there pc. The only use i can see for them is if you make a new setup and you would like a blue setup this time then you can change they keyboard to a solid blue.

It's for little kids. You can give me the CM stealth ones.

Having different letters light up different colours like WASD is useful, as well as other functionality. Also many people have RGB LEDs in their case so they can change colour schemes whenever they feel like it.

Obviously you're the boring type of person that picks one colour and sticks with it, but not every is like you. There are plenty of people who will use it for tons of stuff that you would never be able to do with a single solid backlight.

You need to keep an open mind. More options is good, nobody is forcing you to buy it. And stop bashing people who do like it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

On the same level as ips panels

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I don't use the backlight on my Quickfire TK for the most part because I don't need to look at the keys when I type.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

RGB keyboards are a fad let us face it. When we have are friends round we will show them the lights and the keyboard lighting up all different keys. After a while of using it and changing colours the novelty soon wears off and the person using the RGB keyboard will most likely leave it all on one solid colour to match there pc. The only use i can see for them is if you make a new setup and you would like a blue setup this time then you can change they keyboard to a solid blue.

Kinda yes and kinda no.

I want it to become the standard so people can choose their color and change if they want.

I would personally leave it at a color after deciding. But whatever.

#RGBMasterRace

I have yet to join the master race of RGB....

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Having different letters light up different colours like WASD is useful, as well as other functionality. Also many people have RGB LEDs in their case so they can change colour schemes whenever they feel like it.

Obviously you're the boring type of person that picks one colour and sticks with it, but not every is like you. There are plenty of people who will use it for tons of stuff that you would never be able to do with a single solid backlight.

You need to keep an open mind. More options is good, nobody is forcing you to buy it. And stop bashing people who do like it.

But i could use my keyboard in pitch black will the led’s off. If you cannot find your way back to wasd without looking down at your keyboard how are you able to place pc games well. Maybe if it is you're first time using a keyboard for gaming? But in that case you would be better of getting meshed WASD keys that come with the corsair K70 which is arced a bit as well.

Corsair overhyped them, I'm waiting till other manufacturers get access to MX RGB.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

On the same level as ips panels

so ips panels are a hype now?

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

But i could use my keyboard in pitch black will the led’s off. If you cannot find your way back to wasd without looking down at your keyboard how are you able to place pc games well. Maybe if it is you're first time using a keyboard for gaming? But in that case you would be better of getting meshed WASD keys that come with the corsair K70 which is arced a bit as well.

You don't need to really move from WASD so you can game without knowing exactly where they are...

Also you're not looking at the screen the whole time...unless you spend 24 hours a day on your PC you will have to look at your keyboard at least once.

And also, it looks a lot better when you have it illuminated and matches your colour scheme.

By your logic maybe we should turn off all the lights in our house because we already know how to walk around in the dark. Or just have a PC with a solid side panel and no colour or life in it.

And maybe we should just have no windows because who needs that anyway if all they do is make it look nice?

The backlighting is not supposed to necessarily be an advantage for typing or gaming. It's a fashion statement and that is why something that performs good, usually looks good too.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You don't need to really move from WASD so you can game without knowing exactly where they are...

Also you're not looking at the screen the whole time...unless you spend 24 hours a day on your PC you will have to look at your keyboard at least once.

And also, it looks a lot better when you have it illuminated and matches your colour scheme.

By your logic maybe we should turn off all the lights in our house because we already know how to walk around in the dark. Or just have a PC with a solid side panel and no colour or life in it.

And maybe we should just have no windows because who needs that anyway if all they do is make it look nice?

The backlighting is not supposed to necessarily be an advantage for typing or gaming. It's a fashion statement and that is why something that performs good, usually looks good too.

I know my way around the house in the pitch black same goes with a keyboard. I do look down at my keyboard sometimes because i just got it but only because i do that it looks cool with the bright red backlight xD Corsair K70 :D

Corsair overhyped them, I'm waiting till other manufacturers get access to MX RGB.

actually, WE are the ones who overhyped them. corsair just announce the stuff earlier.

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

It's just nice to change things once in a while, I personnaly change my windows bars colors every 6 months or so, or just when I get bored of the color.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

BUT IT LOOKS SO FUCKING COOL!!!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I think it is a huge fad. Though I understand why people want them and buy them, and will accept that they are pretty interesting, but I would rather have a keyboard with no backlighting that looks really professional or one with a flat colour that still looks professional. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

actually, WE are the ones who overhyped them. corsair just announce the stuff earlier.

You're not wrong.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I know my way around the house in the pitch black same goes with a keyboard. I do look down at my keyboard sometimes because i just got it but only because i do that it looks cool with the bright red backlight xD Corsair K70 :D

Well some people like to have different keys lit up, or be able to change the colours.

So you must be either really rude by bashing other peoples opinions that like more lighting options, or you're jealous you have a non-RGB keyboard and are trying to make yourself feel better by making others feel worse about getting RGB.

Either way, you're not helping anyone here.

Spoiler

It's just nice to change things once in a while, I personnaly change my windows bars colors every 6 months or so, or just when I get bored of the color.

I just change mine to go with my wallpaper usually it is a grey clear as it goes with everything xD