What is your tech pet peeve?

yea the only thig unless standereds change that need to be swiped are mobos cpu's gpu's and thats it 

And sometimes Hard Drive's like going from old small capacity ones to terabyte capacities or even SSD's, but once someone get's a Samsung, Intel, or OCZ SSD(the ones that aren't unstable) they'd never have to upgrade until atleast PCIE ssd's are the norm and Sata is phased out entirely or a new sata interface is created with larger bandwidth. 

I know this isn't exactly one that people agree with, but...

AMD cards (2010+ cards) being called ATI. I just don't like the idea of it getting to be 2026 (For example) and people still calling it that even though the name was abandoned long ago.

I might have done that. :( Sorry, it's just an old habbit. When someone says AMD the first thing that comes to mind is CPU's in my case and Radeon I just think ATI. I agree, it should be something that we stop doing.

And sometimes Hard Drive's like going from old small capacity ones to terabyte capacities or even SSD's, but once someone get's a Samsung, Intel, or OCZ SSD(the ones that aren't unstable) they'd never have to upgrade until atleast PCIE ssd's are the norm and Sata is phased out entirely or a new sata interface is created with larger bandwidth. 

and then someonse sayinng ohh you computers so crappy youve got an i5 and only a 240gb ssd (4790k at 4.6)i have a n dual core i7 sandybridge and 1tb hdd my mac will crush you pc 

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

yea the only thig unless standereds change that need to be swiped are mobos cpu's gpu's and thats it 

Agreed, I still use my 5400RPM storage drive, it's barely used as I keep it as a storage drive it's in perfect condition (or so the tests say). SSD has a loooong way to live (again, tests say up to another 9 years, won't keep it that long, but it's still good). And if you buy a good mobo and CPU, all you do is add more RAM over time to increase capacity and swap out to a new gen GPU in a year or two or even three. :)

Agreed, I still use my 5400RPM storage drive, it's barely used as I keep it as a storage drive it's in perfect condition (or so the tests say). SSD has a loooong way to live (again, tests say up to another 9 years, won't keep it that long, but it's still good). And if you buy a good mobo and CPU, all you do is add more RAM over time to increase capacity and swap out to a new gen GPU in a year or two or even three. :)

yea

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

@OP (JEman99) Phablets and especially what Google might be doing with the Nexus line (Nexus 6)... They might as well just put phone components in a Nexus 7 and call it their flagship...

I realize the Nexus line was meant for developers but after the big disappointment from OnePlus I don't think they can just shrug off their consumer base just because that's not what the Nexus line was intended for...

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

and then someonse sayinng ohh you computers so crappy youve got an i5 and only a 240gb ssd (4790k at 4.6)i have a n dual core i7 sandybridge and 1tb hdd my mac will crush you pc 

I remember the other day someone was talking about how their Mac was far greater than anything AMD, Nvidia, or Intel makes.  I facepalmed and said, "You realize most high end mac's have an i7, right?  And an AMD Firepro inside of it?"  The guy just said.. "No.  It's got Apple parts inside of it, that's why you need apple ram."  I just about gave up and became a mountain-man.  Tried saying that his computer could beat any in graphics and I was just facepalming so hard.  "Firepro GPU's by AMD are meant for non-gaming intensive applications.. like design or open-source rendering."  dude was just like, "It's Apple and you're just dumb."  Just thinking about it makes me want to facepalm and go get some food.  Food sounds good.. mmm.

@OP (JEman99) Phablets and especially what Google might be doing with the Nexus line (Nexus 6)... They might as well just put phone components in a Nexus 7 and call it their flagship...

I realize the Nexus line was meant for developers but after the big disappointment from OnePlus I don't think they can just shrug off their consumer base just because that's not what the Nexus line was intended for...

yea the one plus one was a huge dissapointment and then every phone with a lithium ion battery exploding iphone galaxy htc alike filled that gap

People who think ATI=AMD

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I remember the other day someone was talking about how their Mac was far greater than anything AMD, Nvidia, or Intel makes.  I facepalmed and said, "You realize most high end mac's have an i7, right?  And an AMD Firepro inside of it?"  The guy just said.. "No.  It's got Apple parts inside of it, that's why you need apple ram."  I just about gave up and became a mountain-man.  Tried saying that his computer could beat any in graphics and I was just facepalming so hard.  "Firepro GPU's by AMD are meant for non-gaming intensive applications.. like design or open-source rendering."  dude was just like, "It's Apple and you're just dumb."  Just thinking about it makes me want to facepalm and go get some food.  Food sounds good.. mmm.

same here i can smell my neighbors steak mmmm...... anyone up for roadkill

People who think ATI=AMD

yea nice gif btw

All sorts of icons on the desktop bugs the hell out of me. Use the god damn taskbar. I only have 2 icons on my desktop, the recycle bin, and my modded skyrim launcher. Nothing else. Everything is launched from the taskbar or the start menu.

Oh and fingerprints or other marks on the screen or side panel window at all.

All sorts of icons on the desktop bugs the hell out of me. Use the god damn taskbar. I only have 2 icons on my desktop, the recycle bin, and my modded skyrim launcher. Nothing else. Everything is launched from the taskbar or the start menu.

Oh and fingerprints or other marks on the screen or side panel window at all.

I'm hoping Windows ten can let us get rid of the metro tiles on the start-menu like it's been showing and just put all our icons there.  If that could be done, ugh... I'd love it.

1. Family asks me for help > I give them some well rounded advice based on their budget (and even try to save them some cash) > they ignore me and buy some overpriced junk and ask me to "make it better". We all go through this.

2. People saying computers are awful when they're the problem and don't want to learn

Asus Maximus VII GeneIntel i7 4790k @ 4.8 - Corsair Vengance Pro 16GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz - Asus Strix GTX980 SLI @ 1400Mhz/8000Mhz - 2x Samsing EVO 840 500GB RAID0 - 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB Cooler Master v1000 - Focusrite Scarlett 18i6

Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear - Genelec 8040a Pair - Audio Technica AT4040 - Asus PG278Q ROG Swift - Asus PB278Q - 2x Bad Asus IPS 1080 Screens - Ducky Shine 3 w/Browns - Corsair m65 - Razer Orbweaver Clicky - Razer Sabertooth

Apple rMBP Late 2013 - Applie retina iPad 2 - Apple iPhone 5 - Apple iPod Classic - XBone - Wii U - Pikachu 3DS XL - Katsukity 3DS XL

1. Family asks me for help > I give them some well rounded advice based on their budget (and even try to save them some cash) > they ignore me and buy some overpriced junk and ask me to "make it better". We all go through this.

2. People saying computers are awful when they're the problem and don't want to learn

exactly my problem

Seriously.  I tried using my HyperX Cloud's on my motherboards audio and just took them off after one song, same thing for my AKG's and they're both -relatively- low impedance headphones.  I had some beyerdynamic DT880 600 ohm's for awhile and just.. ugh.. so good on amp and dac, but when you touch mobo audio it's night and day.  Ever try a Razer headset / headphone?  You'll want to cry for people who think that's the pinnacle of excellence.

I want to cry because i have razer headphones :,(

When people say nVidia instead of NVIDIA.

Or ATi instead of AMD.

This isn't 2008.

When people (or Alienware) think that multi-GPU setups add VRAM.

2 x GTX 780 = 6 GB GDDR5 VRAM Total

People pronouncing Asus wrong. It is Ay-soos, ask JJ on PCDIY.

When people say nVidia instead of NVIDIA.

Or ATi instead of AMD.

This isn't 2008.

When people (or Alienware) think that multi-GPU setups add VRAM.

2 x GTX 780 = 6 GB GDDR5 VRAM Total

People pronouncing Asus wrong. It is Ay-soos, ask JJ on PCDIY.

yes that is horrieble and how the titan z has a 748 bit bus and 12gb of vram

People who think you need a mac for photo/video work.

People with $500/600/700/800/900/1000 phones who refuse to pay 99 cents for an app.

People who claim the One Plus One is the best phone. It's not bad, but you can't purchase it still without winning the ability to purchase it or knowing someone.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

my pet peeve is not having a tech related ANYTHING not go my way :S

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

My own pet peeve:

1. Calling a flash drive a "USB".

2. Any audio myth that people believe

3. That's it.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Fan boys/girls. Dem bitches telling every one they need to have xyz cpu and motherboard or graphics cards.

"You must get an Intel cpu" or "290x is better than everything". Who the freaking hell cares. Buy what you can afford..........

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

People touching non-touch screens. There is no need, just f@#$%ing point at the screen.

Untidy desktops/folders. (even though whenever I'm working on something in Photoshop or premiere I just name my files asdfghjkl)

People who don't comprehend the fact that I am buying Nvidia not just for speed, but for CUDA, PhysX, temps, TDP. People don't seem to realize that in my past I have owned both ATI and Nvidia cards! Ugh makes m mad who cares what other people buy if it makes them happy let them buy it!? You buy what makes you happy am I criticizing your purchase of a 290X? No

Also it irritates me how I still catch myself habitually saying ATI instead of AMD.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless