What is your tech pet peeve?

You mean something like this?

That's not mine, but I moved the rest of that person's equipment.  I didn't touch the mouse or keyboard though. 

photo+2.jpg?v=0&p=8&x=1&a=BKU7%2FL%2FdLM

That mouse and keyboard seriously look like they were in your profile pic. xD

Idle fan speeds being too high. or my speakers (when not outputting any noise) being louder than the previously mentioned fans. I need a new monitor....

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

Apple/Microsoft Mice... Like what the actual fuck were they thinking when they designed them!? this one pisses me of the most...

303293-microsoft-wedge-touch-mouse.jpg

"And all of these mouses" this pisses me off, IT'S MICE PEOPLE MICE!!!!

People saying that "super high end" mobo's can support multiple chip sets... wow.

People buying high end Xeons for gaming thinking that the more expensive it is, the better it will be... Talked with someone who did it today... I think I lost brain cells..

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K  | Motherboard Asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 1 | RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866mhz | GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 980 w/ ACX 2.0 | Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window | Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB |  PSU Corsiar RM750 | Display(s) Some Acer Things | Cooling Corsair H100i + 5x Noctua NF-F12 industrial 120mm fans(they are freaking load) | Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95 |  Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound Audio-Technica AD900x + 02+ODAC +AT2020 | OS Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 

"Yeah, I agree, Windows is just so hard to use."- My Parents, they haven't used Windows PC's since Windows XP.... 

"I'm not being tracked using Safari because Apple wouldn't let the NSA spy on me without my permission."- Mom

"No, don't touch my *insert device here* just show me how to do it." - tons of people

" It's easy to put Mac on PC (*cringes* because they say it like **that**) while putting PC on a Mac isn't possible." THERE'S SO MUCH WRONG WITH THIS STATEMENT.

Don't get me wrong, I love Apple computers, but they have some of the worst customers, I'm sorry....

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

That mouse and keyboard seriously look like they were in your profile pic. xD

Pretty terrible huh.   

And presumably, that person (just like any one else) would touch and scratch his face and other body parts throughout the day after handling that mouse and keyboard.  

It almost makes me lose my lunch.  

Dirty screens, icons on the desktop, toolbars, and dirty peripherals 

Don't get me wrong, I love Apple computers, but they have some of the worst customers, I'm sorry....

Trust me -- they're all the same. :) 

I work for Apple now, and I've worked for other third party support companies in the past.   Based on my experience and the experience of my coworkers, it doesn't matter what kind of computer people own, they can all be flakey sometimes.  

All sorts of icons on the desktop bugs the hell out of me. Use the god damn taskbar. I only have 2 icons on my desktop, the recycle bin, and my modded skyrim launcher. Nothing else. Everything is launched from the taskbar or the start menu.

Oh and fingerprints or other marks on the screen or side panel window at all.

Untitled.png

Finally someone that understands me...

Trust me -- they're all the same. :)

I work for Apple now, and I've worked for other third party support companies in the past.   Based on my experience and the experience of my coworkers, it doesn't matter what kind of computer people own, they can all be flakey sometimes.  

Thing is, some people think that because it's Apple, or because they spent more money, there's a sense of entitlement. Not saying that they don't exist elsewhere, but it's just they're very strong at Apple.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I am still a few days old to the forum, but how could -anyone- recommend.. -that-?  I mean, I upgraded from x58 to Sandy-bridge and my next upgrade is to X99, but that's only because I upgrade when family needs better stuff.  I got my mother running a laptop with 2gb of ram and an AMD Vision APU from years upon years back and I cringe at her just being okay with it, so plan on giving her my current rig as I gave my uncle my old x58, but it's just.. The i7 9xx series from intel could literally last generations to come and still perform well.  

So you're family gets a x58 system? lucky ass bitches...

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

People buying Xeons for gaming... Talked with someone who did it today... I think I lost brain cells..

In some cases on 1150 you can pick up Xeons that are better value then the i5/i7 line.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Stupid threads, not necessarily this one but one like what your favorite color or count to 1000. And also adapters, any adapter molex to PCI-e, molex to SATA, just using 4 pin 12 v in a 8 pin board.  

Leaving the plastic on monitors.

I get twitchy when I see that.

Also cluttered desktops or unorganized files in general. A little is fine, but when I HAVE to sort a downloads folder by "date" to find the thing I just downloaded, that's too much, man.

But the almighty has gifted the humanity the gift of Plasti-Dip.

The actual PCB is red, is it safe to plasti-dip the PCB? (of course not the connection part)

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

People buying Xeons for gaming... Talked with someone who did it today... I think I lost brain cells..

You must have lost brain cells when AMD took higher-binned Athon 64 X2 processors and re-badged them as Opterons. Yes, people did game with those Opteron processors as well.

Other than a Xeon E3 being identical to an i5 or i7 (Xeon supporting ECC memory), there is little difference between the two. As @elexonica put it, you can at times find them online for a cheaper price than a non-K part.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

My dad thinking that me playing games on his 60 inch 1080p TV will somehow harm the TV. He also thinks it's harmful if you attach/unattach cables too often. And then (while not entirely on topic) "You're younger, so you must be wrong"

*facepalm*

*ETERNAL FACEFLOOR*

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Still looks good...

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

oh i got this one, my GF just goes YOINK when there's a USB in, she will close the window then just pop! i just stare at her blankly like she just kicked my cat. 

not sure if already posted but people who use bits and bytes interchangeably. NO THEY ARE DIFFERENT!! 

PooKloo For Slick

Still looks good...

Yeah, as long as the system has a red friendly color theme

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

In some cases on 1150 you can pick up Xeons that are better value then the i5/i7 line.

Some cases but to be more specific I mean like buying the high end Xeons... that are meant for servers...

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K  | Motherboard Asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 1 | RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866mhz | GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 980 w/ ACX 2.0 | Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window | Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB |  PSU Corsiar RM750 | Display(s) Some Acer Things | Cooling Corsair H100i + 5x Noctua NF-F12 industrial 120mm fans(they are freaking load) | Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95 |  Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound Audio-Technica AD900x + 02+ODAC +AT2020 | OS Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 

haveing cpus fit into motheroards that they aren't compatible with lke z87 and z97 it happened to me when i tried to upgrade my pentium to a core 2 duo

Insert Sarcasm / Raging / Bragging / Inspirational Crap Here.

When my family members get so many viruses on their computers that I have to wage war to fix it and then they accuse me of removing their programs and refuse to believe that they were full of viruses. Grandfather had over 4,000 bloatware, viruses, malware files on his computer and it fried while I was trying to recover his files and he blamed me :/, the HDD was literally full! When my family talks down to me for being on the computer too much WHEN IT IS MY PROFESSION! When people say video games are anti-social even though I have 50x more interraction in a week with other people than they do in 6 months. When people ask for advice when buying a PC and then go and buy some piece of crap cuz it was 100$ cheaper and it doesnt work good enough for them and they get mad at me.

that happens to me all the time and then i turn my back and they redownload it

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi