What is your tech pet peeve?

I actually voiced this slightly in the Show Off Your Set Up thread. And with me, it is how graphics cards don't have the power plugs, the 6 pin connectors, on the very back of the card and not on the side. Understanding one of the arguments of why, one that was actually brought up in the thread earlier is that it can cause clearance issues. But with the amount of cases with removable hard drive bays, it doesn't really make sense anymore. Having the 6 pin connectors on the very back would mean cleaner looking graphics cards and cleaner looking cable management. Also, why not have the connectors stacked and not side to side. It would further help keeping a build tidy. Especially when a lot of people are getting individually sleeved cables now and need to use zip ties to keep them together as one bunch, having the connectors at the back would help.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I actually voiced this slightly in the Show Off Your Set Up thread. And with me, it is how graphics cards don't have the power plugs, the 6 pin connectors, on the very back of the card and not on the side. Understanding one of the arguments of why, one that was actually brought up in the thread earlier is that it can cause clearance issues. But with the amount of cases with removable hard drive bays, it doesn't really make sense anymore. Having the 6 pin connectors on the very back would mean cleaner looking graphics cards and cleaner looking cable management. Also, why not have the connectors stacked and not side to side. It would further help keeping a build tidy. Especially when a lot of people are getting individually sleeved cables now and need to use zip ties to keep them together as one bunch, having the connectors at the back would help.

On the back would create clearance issues with multi card setups, and the side may affect the cooler design ( intake is usually there).

It could be moved to the front of the card, bottom right corner, it would be right next to the mobo and almost impossible to see, but would be a pain to plug in with the card in place.

People who put greasy hand's on my phone, or peripheral's. 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

what do you mean like 12 year olds that only know ghz but nothig else

Reminds me of the guy who tried to argue that his smart phone was almost as powerful as my HD6990 ughhh.

People who say "But my computer runs Crysis on Ultra so it should be running this fine". Just post me your specs and be done with it.

On the back would create clearance issues with multi card setups, and the side may affect the cooler design ( intake is usually there).

It could be moved to the front of the card, bottom right corner, it would be right next to the mobo and almost impossible to see, but would be a pain to plug in with the card in place.

How would it create an issue with multi card set ups? Therre'd be the same clearance whether the connectors were at the side or back, right?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

How would it create an issue with multi card set ups? Therre'd be the same clearance whether the connectors were at the side or back, right?

if the were facing back, aka towards where the graphics card above it would be, then there would be clearance issues.

if the were facing back, aka towards where the graphics card above it would be, then there would be clearance issues.

The connectors would be coming out at the same angle, just facing the HDD cages. 

HD7770-2.jpg

I don't see how it would create clearance issues with another card. 

Forgot to add "turbo" on cpus.. if there is no forced induction it's not turbo!...car guy pet peeve right there

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

The connectors would be coming out at the same angle, just facing the HDD cages. 

HD7770-2.jpg

I don't see how it would create clearance issues with another card. 

Sorry, I didn't quite get what you meant by back, i thought you meant as in the back of the PCB where a back plate would go, not the side of it, that makes much more sense.

Sorry, I didn't quite get what you meant by back, i thought you meant as in the back of the PCB where a back plate would go, not the side of it, that makes much more sense.

Ah no, that would look horrible and just be stupid in practise. :P

Buying a usb stock with -64gb- written on the package and then only having 59 gb after formatting it

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

gthat moment when my dad callls a 3.4ghz i5 slower than a single core 4ghz pentium it has more ghz though

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

gthat moment when my dad callls a 3.4ghz i5 slower than a single core 4ghz pentium it has more ghz though

Technically it's frequency is higher therefore 'faster' :)

This just came up...

Needlessly flashy stuff... Like 'ricer' builds, or phones with chromed parts, or LED fans...

(I just thought of a fully chromed PC (even the OS is Chrome) with christmas lights for interior lighting and RGB fans... ugh...)

When people say that PC's are expensive and they base their opinion on seeing Origin PC's.

Also, when people say they need Quadro's to run games at 60fps+.

CPU AMD FX-6300 Motherboard MSI 970A-G43 RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4GB) GPU PNY GTX 660 Case NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) Storage1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue PSU Corsair 500W Display(s)AOC and Viewsonic Cooling Enermax ETS-T40-TB Keyboard CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid with Blue Switches Dollar Store Mouse Sound Dollar Store Speaker

I get pissed when I don't have the money to buy parts I want.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

When i walk past my brothers laptop and hes playing a game at 800x600 on his 1920x1080 monitor cause he doesnt care about gfx but apparently doesnt care about huge black lines around his screen xD

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

Utterly imbalanced builds...

Like something with 3x R9 280xs, A88x, 1500W PSU...

But a f**king AMD A4....

(It's a mining rig tho...)

Technically it's frequency is higher therefore 'faster' :)

ha ha i mean yea ghz is everything man amd wooooo

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

Utterly imbalanced builds...

Like something with 3x R9 280xs, A88x, 1500W PSU...

But a f**king AMD A4....

(It's a mining rig tho...)

yea those are hilarios