What is your tech pet peeve?

When people whine about their PCs being slow when its full of malware and barely have any space on their hard drive, screen full of unused icons, recicle bin full, browser full of toolbars basically every careless persons pc os environment

My dad thinking that me playing games on his 60 inch 1080p TV will somehow harm the TV. He also thinks it's harmful if you attach/unattach cables too often. And then (while not entirely on topic) "You're younger, so you must be wrong"

*facepalm*

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I hate people who say that intel is so much better than amd. i run a fx-6300 and oc to 4.4ghz. It still preforms good well. I dont have 599 to afford a 6  core intel processer

sailing is life

a man cannot survive on only bread, he must have peanut butter\

cpu-fx6300 (4.4 GHz) Ram- rip-jaws x 4x2 oc 2133 Drives- 2tb Toshiba, 1tb WD blue, 128gb crucial SSD GPU- r9 270( hopefully upgraded soon) MOBO- gigabyte thing Case - raidmax viper gx 

Non-HD. People who watch standard def. movies and tv shows are missing out.

IT'S 2014 PEOPLE! DA FUQ!@!@!

Tell that to my ISP. I don't have the time to wait for HD stuff to download... I enjoy my content in crisp, clear 480p...

3805775245.png

Or a newer one is people who think it cost a grand more to go to x99 instead of z97 when its more like about 300$

and if you can count it, knowing your order is on the delivery truck out for delivery and having to wait never knowing when it will be dropped off

@syrazpc - for all my rambles about PC's -- My Gallifreyan Build In Progress

I hate when people call their computer Tower/ PC their MODEM! its a god damn COMPUTER/PC or TOWER! 

Hey, at least they don't call your monitor the PC itself or the tower as the CPU....

Hey, at least they don't call your monitor the PC itself or the tower as the CPU....

i had a teacher say no cpus allowed outside of dorms today i almost died laughing

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Windows.

/half-joking

Bad keyboards, 12 year olds that think they know everything, the way the "maximize" button works in OS X (yes, I just said that) anything except Logitech mice, the list goes on.

"Professionals" or just anyone who thinks they know everything are the worst. I work helpdesk and the amount of "technical" people I get calling me is ridiculous.

"Professionals" or just anyone who thinks they know everything are the worst. I work helpdesk and the amount of "technical" people I get calling me is ridiculous.

everyone calling me a hacker when i use command line or linux

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

But the almighty has gifted the humanity the gift of Plasti-Dip.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

>Be me at local college computer hardware course
>looking at old gaming pcs people built for $1200

>turns on one of them and looks at specs
>core i5 2380p, radeon hd 7870
>respectable IMO
>16GB of RAM on 32-bit win7
>3.25GB usable

>Dies inside
>Powers off desktop

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

Any sort of misuse or misunderstanding of computer vocabulary.   Some examples:

1) Some people call a "window" a "screen."

2) "X it out" as in "close the window". 

3) "Pressing" an on-screen button.  Only mechanical buttons are "pressed."

4) "How does <any feature> work in Mac?"    You mean "in OS X"?  

5) Pronouncing OS X as three consecutive letters. 

This list could get quite long. 

Dirty mouse and keyboard.

eww

You mean something like this?

That's not mine, but I moved the rest of that person's equipment.  I didn't touch the mouse or keyboard though. 

photo+2.jpg?v=0&p=8&x=1&a=BKU7%2FL%2FdLM

Maybe a nitpicky one, but I can't stand when people say they don't want an LCD monitor, they want an LED monitor.  An LED monitor is still an LCD panel!!!

Love reading all these posts about how people who think they know more than someone else, get on their nerves; when i don't think they realize saying that, makes them one of those people. 

the whole 'praise geben' thing

Corsair C70 Black Windowed | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4GB 1866Mhz | SLI GTX 780 Classified | Corsair AX860 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 2x2TB WD Green

Corsair 350D Windowed | Asus Gryphon Z87 | i5 4670k | Corsair H75 | Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x4GB 1600Mhz | Corsair RM550 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 4TB WD Green.

Bitfenix Phenom ITX White | Asus Z97i-Plus | Pentium G3258 | Noctua NH-L9i | Kingston HyperX Fury White 2x4GB 1866Mhz | Silverstone Strider 550 | Crucial M.2 120GB SSD | 4x5TB WD Red. (work in progress)

When my family members get so many viruses on their computers that I have to wage war to fix it and then they accuse me of removing their programs and refuse to believe that they were full of viruses. Grandfather had over 4,000 bloatware, viruses, malware files on his computer and it fried while I was trying to recover his files and he blamed me :/, the HDD was literally full! When my family talks down to me for being on the computer too much WHEN IT IS MY PROFESSION! When people say video games are anti-social even though I have 50x more interraction in a week with other people than they do in 6 months. When people ask for advice when buying a PC and then go and buy some piece of crap cuz it was 100$ cheaper and it doesnt work good enough for them and they get mad at me.

1 more, When large companies buy out the smaller ones that actually sell excellent products and then turn them into crap!

Any sort of misuse or misunderstanding of computer vocabulary.   Some examples:

1) Some people call a "window" a "screen."

2) "X it out" as in "close the window". 

3) "Pressing" an on-screen button.  Only mechanical buttons are "pressed."

4) "How does <any feature> work in Mac?"    You mean "in OS X"?  

5) Pronouncing OS X as three consecutive letters. 

This list could get quite long. 

Hey I say "X it out" lol :P