What is your tech pet peeve?

Crazy expensive phones that are very locked down and break very easily, or even bend.

Shitty cable management

Shitty cable sleeving

Shitty water cooling

Non-matching part colors. (Unless part of the color scheme)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I was told my i5 2500k is old and I should get a new gen one because the 2500k is a bad performer... after a detailed comparison I proved that it's only 10% behind the latest gen i5's in most cases, sometimes even less and since mine is OC'd it wipes the floor with most of the new gen, even the K model since it OC's better. :)

They're probably the same people who laugh at old i7 9** users for having such an old and still -high- as all hell performing CPU.  Those and the 2500k I swear could stand the test of time for at least another generation.

Amen to that. A proper headset/headphones is a must. AKG/Sennheiser/Bose/B&O/AT etc. MASTERRACE! :D

Seriously.  I tried using my HyperX Cloud's on my motherboards audio and just took them off after one song, same thing for my AKG's and they're both -relatively- low impedance headphones.  I had some beyerdynamic DT880 600 ohm's for awhile and just.. ugh.. so good on amp and dac, but when you touch mobo audio it's night and day.  Ever try a Razer headset / headphone?  You'll want to cry for people who think that's the pinnacle of excellence.

people saying BEATS by DR. DRE sound good and that my ie 80's are crappy because they are not beats

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

I believe they are called windows.

Yeah that! Sorry it is late here :P

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

They're probably the same people who laugh at old i7 9** users for having such an old and still -high- as all hell performing CPU.  Those and the 2500k I swear could stand the test of time for at least another generation.

A few weeks ago some guy here was updating and asked if he should replace hes GPU HD 5770 or hes CPU i7 920 OC'd and a high poster (who shall not be named, you know who you are) firmly suggested that he should sell hes CPU and board, get a 1150 board and a Pentium, because it will perform better in gaming... Imagine my shock, a tech forum, a reputable poster suggests some bullshit like that...

Your peeve / pieve is cable management being bad or being done at all?  I can't stand un-tidy cables.  I once opened the back of a friends comp and just stared at it and wanted to go home to get some zip-ties and a welding torch.

Cable management not being done at all... I've had the (dis)honor of working in an SFF HP prebuilt and the cable management of stuff other than the wires from the PSU was pretty good... The PSU however... *cringe*

Hell, another pet-peeve of mine - seeing. . .^^^^ @JEman99  beats by Dre, on the streets, in advertisements, when I have to go to the Verizon store to get a new phone(That was awhile back but still).  When I was looking at an apartment a few weeks ago I saw some kids using them and I even asked, "Why're using Beats?"  they replied with the same marketing spiel; "They're the best headphones for music, period."  Oh, wait.. that was a Razer marketing technique, but regardless.. beats.  Ugh.  And another pet peeve - people not seeing the need for resolution.  The long term debate,  "Is resolution just a number"(LOL), but seriously.  I got friends using 42" 720p t.v.'s and not seeing the point of having a 720p small monitor or 1080 or 1440, etc.  They have the capability to upgrade, but figure there's no difference in it all when the PPI of 720 on a 42" T.V. is just... death.  T_T  

vga

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

Hell, another pet-peeve of mine - seeing. . .^^^^ @JEman99  beats by Dre, on the streets, in advertisements, when I have to go to the Verizon store to get a new phone(That was awhile back but still).  When I was looking at an apartment a few weeks ago I saw some kids using them and I even asked, "Why're using Beats?"  they replied with the same marketing spiel; "They're the best headphones for music, period."  Oh, wait.. that was a Razer marketing technique, but regardless.. beats.  Ugh.  And another pet peeve - people not seeing the need for resolution.  The long term debate,  "Is resolution just a number"(LOL), but seriously.  I got friends using 42" 720p t.v.'s and not seeing the point of having a 720p small monitor or 1080 or 1440, etc.  They have the capability to upgrade, but figure there's no difference in it all when the PPI of 720 on a 42" T.V. is just... death.  T_T  

the number is 44ppi so death

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

Seriously.  I tried using my HyperX Cloud's on my motherboards audio and just took them off after one song, same thing for my AKG's and they're both -relatively- low impedance headphones.  I had some beyerdynamic DT880 600 ohm's for awhile and just.. ugh.. so good on amp and dac, but when you touch mobo audio it's night and day.  Ever try a Razer headset / headphone?  You'll want to cry for people who think that's the pinnacle of excellence.

I haven't tried any of the Razer audio equipment. :/

People don't want to invest in proper audio equipment, even low end is better than what most people use these days, it's shamefull. Also, I've noticed how people find it laughable to use audio stuff from the 90s and early 2000s, I mean I'd rather use my old AMP than buy a new piece of garbage, for a decent new AMP I'd have to cash out big, why do that when I cashed out a while ago on an excelent AMP.

A few weeks ago some guy here was updating and asked if he should replace hes GPU HD 5770 or hes CPU i7 920 OC'd and a high poster (who shall not be named, you know who you are) firmly suggested that he should sell hes CPU and board, get a 1150 board and a Pentium, because it will perform better in gaming... Imagine my shock, a tech forum, a reputable poster suggests some bullshit like that...

I am still a few days old to the forum, but how could -anyone- recommend.. -that-?  I mean, I upgraded from x58 to Sandy-bridge and my next upgrade is to X99, but that's only because I upgrade when family needs better stuff.  I got my mother running a laptop with 2gb of ram and an AMD Vision APU from years upon years back and I cringe at her just being okay with it, so plan on giving her my current rig as I gave my uncle my old x58, but it's just.. The i7 9xx series from intel could literally last generations to come and still perform well.  

I am still a few days old to the forum, but how could -anyone- recommend.. -that-?  I mean, I upgraded from x58 to Sandy-bridge and my next upgrade is to X99, but that's only because I upgrade when family needs better stuff.  I got my mother running a laptop with 2gb of ram and an AMD Vision APU from years upon years back and I cringe at her just being okay with it, so plan on giving her my current rig as I gave my uncle my old x58, but it's just.. The i7 9xx series from intel could literally last generations to come and still perform well.  

yea

I haven't tried any of the Razer audio equipment. :/

People don't want to invest in proper audio equipment, even low end is better than what most people use these days, it's shamefull. Also, I've noticed how people find it laughable to use audio stuff from the 90s and early 2000s, I mean I'd rather use my old AMP than buy a new piece of garbage, for a decent new AMP I'd have to cash out big, why do that when I cashed out a while ago on an excelent AMP.

It's one thing not wanting to invest because you're tight on cash but do understand the difference, but it's another saying that there's no difference and that everyone should be happy with <insert audio, computer, or peripheral related generic here>.  I know that not everyone could afford to put time and effort in to the really glamorous stuff, but god I wish people would sometimes take a gander at the mid-range or top range stuff, try it out, listen, use, test, bench, whatever it may be from audio to peripherals, monitors, cpu's, etc. and then strive to get something like that and not be like.  "Well, I got this crappy dell laptop and will have to upgrade in 6 months, but hey it was $300!" or "I got this $20 logitech headset.. it'll die randomly in a month, but hey, $20!"  Where as - "I got these $150 Sennhesier headphones and man apparently these don't break on most people ever unless you throw them at a wall to kill a spider.  WOO.  Saved more money in the long run!"  Rant over xD  

People oblivious to the fact that they are running the wrong resolution on their monitors. Also people who have stupid toolbars on their internet browser.

Paragon [ Intel i7 4770k @ 4.2GHz | 16GB @ 1866MHz Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 | ASUS Z87-Pro | Zotac AMP GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair H100i GTX | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | 2 x Crucial M500 240GB SSDs | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 | Corsair Carbide 300R ] (Backup Storage: Seagate Expansion 5TB USB3.0 HDD)

ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q }

also people yealing at me saying that when they deleated --- somthing that i installed everythig started working while that was a good free antivirus and what wasn't  working was some malware they were trying too install

People oblivious to the fact that they are running the wrong resolution on their monitors. Also people who have stupid toolbars on their internet browser.

and the good damn toolbars

It's one thing not wanting to invest because you're tight on cash but do understand the difference, but it's another saying that there's no difference and that everyone should be happy with <insert audio, computer, or peripheral related generic here>.  I know that not everyone could afford to put time and effort in to the really glamorous stuff, but god I wish people would sometimes take a gander at the mid-range or top range stuff, try it out, listen, use, test, bench, whatever it may be from audio to peripherals, monitors, cpu's, etc. and then strive to get something like that and not be like.  "Well, I got this crappy dell laptop and will have to upgrade in 6 months, but hey it was $300!" or "I got this $20 logitech headset.. it'll die randomly in a month, but hey, $20!"  Where as - "I got these $150 Sennhesier headphones and man apparently these don't break on most people ever unless you throw them at a wall to kill a spider.  WOO.  Saved more money in the long run!"  Rant over xD  

Once you talk to someone like that, their reasoning behind it is:"Well it's 20$, I could buy 5 of them each time they die and you just bought 1 100$ <insert product>". And again, I do get that people don't have the cash to invest, but it pays off on the long run. Every peripheral, component, part etc. I spent a little extra on turned out to be damn worth it. And it's like that for everything. My friend burned thru 4 low end PSU totaling 80e on PSU's while I spent 65e on a PSU when he bought hes 1st one and it still runs. Headphones- I ran with so many headsets up to 30e and they all died randomly, dropped, bad quality, one side stops working and then I went out and spent 55e on AKG K512 MK2 (entry level AKG's) and instantly it was worth it. The sound was amazing even for entry level, the quality superb, 2 years later they are still in perfect condition...

People who spell it 'pieve'

well, let me just say your location is very accurate

I know this isn't exactly one that people agree with, but...

AMD cards (2010+ cards) being called ATI. I just don't like the idea of it getting to be 2026 (For example) and people still calling it that even though the name was abandoned long ago.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

well, let me just say your location is very accurate

ha

Once you talk to someone like that, their reasoning behind it is:"Well it's 20$, I could buy 5 of them each time they die and you just bought 1 100$ <insert product>". And again, I do get that people don't have the cash to invest, but it pays off on the long run. Every peripheral, component, part etc. I spent a little extra on turned out to be damn worth it. And it's like that for everything. My friend burned thru 4 low end PSU totaling 80e on PSU's while I spent 65e on a PSU when he bought hes 1st one and it still runs. Headphones- I ran with so many headsets up to 30e and they all died randomly, dropped, bad quality, one side stops working and then I went out and spent 55e on AKG K512 MK2 (entry level AKG's) and instantly it was worth it. The sound was amazing even for entry level, the quality superb, 2 years later they are still in perfect condition...

That is what I advocate constantly.  Even my one friend I say, "Invest in better quality stuff and you could even re-use this case, this psu, these fans, and that radiator for your ne--" and then normally caught off by a, "I can just buy brand new stuff by then and throw out the old stuff."  It's a massive peeve, considering some gold / platinum / titanium PSU's or even Silver ones can last well, well, well beyond their warranty and older can sometimes be better than newer and same for headphones and case-fans, but some people just either are cheap on stuff and rather deal with constantly replacing stuff or just don't care and would rather just--I don't even know actually.  I can't wrap my head around it xD

I know this isn't exactly one that people agree with, but...

AMD cards (2010+ cards) being called ATI. I just don't like the idea of it getting to be 2026 (For example) and people still calling it that even though the name was abandoned long ago.

yea that iv' seen alittle

That is what I advocate constantly.  Even my one friend I say, "Invest in better quality stuff and you could even re-use this case, this psu, these fans, and that radiator for your ne--" and then normally caught off by a, "I can just buy brand new stuff by then and throw out the old stuff."  It's a massive peeve, considering some gold / platinum / titanium PSU's or even Silver ones can last well, well, well beyond their warranty and older can sometimes be better than newer and same for headphones and case-fans, but some people just either are cheap on stuff and rather deal with constantly replacing stuff or just don't care and would rather just--I don't even know actually.  I can't wrap my head around it xD

yea the only thig unless standereds change that need to be swiped are mobos cpu's gpu's and thats it