Corsair 900D Unforgiven - The Metallica Build

Brilliant Mate - Fake filler GPU'S ha ha I'm Making A Waynio inspired jig to work on the Ram now. And I though I was going to sit back and take it easy. Your rig is incredible just as it is. Some of the stuff out there is just ridicules and normal men can't afford it unless they get full Kit. Heck I'm having enough of a problem even with the incredible support from Corsair and EKWB. It would be out of the question without them. Anyway back to modding. :)

Best mod I have ever seen, great JOB :D

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Ok Nick I hope your happy now. This is just the start of it. I had to make a jig first so all the holes would be in the same place. 

I'll figure out the rest by the end of the week end. Kind of committed now. :P  

9qji.jpg

zxt.JPG

mhr9.jpg

This Is the point where I'm glad this isn't an X79 chipset or I would have twice as many to do. I just made the Jig out of Aluminum so I was sweating it a bit that it would stay true through the final one.  This is a good trick I picked up looking a one of Waynio's build log's. 

Dominator Platinums are SO sexy, I'm very interested to see what you have in mind for them :D No doubt they'll be sexier in one way or another :wub:

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Dominator Platinums SO boss :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

What have I done!! :o

Thou hast inspired! :lol:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Thou hast inspired! :lol:

More like fed his addiction :P.

More like fed his addiction :P.

pot-ai-to, pot-ah-to :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

even though i'm not really a huge fan of metallica, but this looks fucking awesome

even though i'm not really a huge fan of metallica this looks fucking awesome

I'm not a huge metallica fan either (prefer other types of metal), but agree looks awesome.

It's Ok Nick you just Inspired me to get off my ass and do something with them. I do Have to say it was Just a little scary. The holes came out better than expected. a couple are just a smidge off, but in normal viewing or pictures I'm thinking you won't be able to tell, I hope? I have a couple of Ideas on what to do with them. I'll have to try them out and see what they look like. I'm thinking it's going to be shiny though. I'm going to have to have rather subtle lighting in this case or they will be able to see it from space!

It's Ok Nick you just Inspired me to get off my ass and do something with them. I do Have to say it was Just a little scary. The holes came out better than expected. a couple are just a smidge off, but in normal viewing or pictures I'm thinking you won't be able to tell, I hope? I have a couple of Ideas on what to do with them. I'll have to try them out and see what they look like. I'm thinking it's going to be shiny though. I'm going to have to have rather subtle lighting in this case or they will be able to see it from space!

Loving the perfectionism :) I couldn't tell until I took a second look after reading that.

Subtle is the way to go!

Thanks Rhyseyness. I was playing with this stupid spiked collar looking ram Mod but it was much better in my mind. Plan B was ok, but not quite enough, so I'm modifying some tools for plan C. How do I get myself into these things? there are 40 holes I will have to fill. But I think the outcome will be worth while?? WE WILL SEE! I think both me and Alpenwasser are afraid we will finisher our builds, so we keep finding more little things to do. People always comment - ( I can't wait until this is finished ). Well I can wait. I will love playing with it but then I'm gonna have to find something else to do. :P

I think both me and Alpenwasser are afraid we will finisher our builds, so we keep finding more little things to do.

Afraid? AFRAID!? AFRAID?!

Ha, I laugh in the face of danger! titanic.gif

(right before it gives me a good kick in the nuts, usually rolleyes-pop.gif)

EDIT:

But yeah, I don't mind building and building and building and building... :D

James hetfield would smash through the new bf4 and eat his own rig afterwards! Grrrrrrrrr

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

What we need is an extra story or a trailer. Oh maybe I should finish this thing first. Bullet had the right Idea. He built the case and then he started modding extra side panels, peripherals, His Dog, His Girl friend and anything else that got in his vicinity.

What we need is an extra story or a trailer. Oh maybe I should finish this thing first. Bullet had the right Idea. He built the case and then he started modding extra side panels, peripherals, His Dog, His Girl friend and anything else that got in his vicinity.

I smell some Modded GTA4 in this one post :P

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

BioShock INFINITE Is on sale For $13.56 this 10/5 and 10/6 on Steam. That's an awesome deal if you don't already have it! 

http://store.steampowered.com/

Thank you very much! I've been waiting for a special on Infinite :D I might just grab it ;)

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Copper plated dominator platinums... Just going to leave this here

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

BioShock INFINITE Is on sale For $13.56 this 10/5 and 10/6 on Steam. That's an awesome deal if you don't already have it! 

http://store.steampowered.com/

They're doing 33-75% sales on most 2K games :). So now you can get Duke Nukem Forever for €9.99 :o :o.

Bioshock 1&2, Mafia II, Borderlands 2 and Civ 5 are all great though :).

Did you ever wish you had someone to talk you out of crazy ideas?  That might have been a good Idea here.
Anytime the part count for a minor parts mod is 40 or more, you might want to think twice?

I really Love the Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram, but it has been around for a while now and a lot of people
have done mod's on them.  I have really tried to be innovative on this build, which is no easy feat considering
the skill level of some of the modders out there.  I have great respect for these people and I just do the best
I can with my expanding skill set.  I have got this far by taking some big risks so no use stopping now..

cffj.jpg

This is how I got there. I don't have a drill press anymore, so drilling 40 perfect holes was wishful thinking.  I made a Jig to help align
the holes as best as I could with what I had available. you can see little screws on the edges that hold it in place.

zxt.JPG

mhr9.jpg

I wanted a mini miter box to make the cut angles the same on the tubes.  $ 2.38 with a mini saw that went straight in the trash as soon as I stopped laughing.
My poor work bench takes more abuse, but that's it's lot in life.

lnxa.jpg

When you have chubby sausage fingers, making little things you can barely hold on to may not be a advisable.  I won't bore you
with all of it, but it was a pain  X 40 -  I did want to polish these up and I decided that I should polish the inside of the tubes, just
In case the light looks cool shining through them. Come on! what kind of people polish the inside of a pipe? Sick People.

gslt.jpg

I actually found a cool trick though. I used Q-tips with polishing compound to polish the pipes.  They barely went in the pipe by spinning the drill,
But what I found was if I put some pressure on the rag I was holding the part with, that it would spin on the inside and if I loosened my grip
it would spin the outside, allowing me to polish the outside.  Anytime you can polish at 1000 rpm you are in Hog Heaven.

6vtv.jpg

And now for the Glamor shots or the scratch your head shots, depending on your point of view?

gjlu.jpg

n5t7.jpg

xotn.jpg

n7k9.jpg

8dk4.jpg

52y1.jpg

Time to get back to work on this water cooling!  I was short a couple of fittings so I expressed them in to town.  In the interim I

started doing this Ram Mod.  So easily distracted! ha ha ha

im speechless...

also what is left to do for you to finish this beast? 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here