Windows 9 has an official name: Windows 10?

Dietrichw

I already did that about an hour before you posted it. I did it before I left for my afternoon class 

well i was on my phone and the m site jumps directly to the last page, so idk

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Has anyone else noticed the lack of right side buttons, control panel, network, run...? If all we're getting are links to our programs then what's the additional functionality over Win8 start or even just pinning your programs to the task bar.

I think you should watch the presentation (it was uploaded to YouTube) and actually pay attention to what they added to make things easier, Elmore simple, or just look better.

"Our new Windows must be built from the group up for a mobile-first cloud-first world."

Terry Myerson

Already off to a bad start.

I'm just wondering. Do you know what mobile first cloud first actually means?

I'm just wondering. Do you know what mobile first cloud first actually means?

Do you?

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Do you?

That is a very lame response. It's just a question to know how you understand what mobile-first cloud-first means so I can then ask why you think that (from what it seems) this concept isn't a good idea.

Guys don't you get it? It's called Windows 10 because... 7 8 9

I should have seen this from miles away haha.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

That is a very lame response. It's just a question to know how you understand what mobile-first cloud-first means so I can then ask why you think that (from what it seems) this concept isn't a good idea.

While I have nothing against cloud computing and mobility. I have a problem with their prioritization.
A desktop OS should be local first, with cloud integration, not cloud dependent.

As for the mobile first part.. Windows 8.
Now, the Terry Myerson quote I posted was literally one of the first things he said. A while after he said that, he demonstrated how they are separating the desktop/mobile environments, which so far, looks good. So I don't have that much of an issue with the "mobile" part anymore.

Also, sorry for my dickish comment but in my defense, your comment sounded kinda condescending and I taught you were looking for a fight or something. So my bad.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

They chose the number to get away from windows 8 and define it as a new platform. 

I like that approach personally. Looking at the history of OS names it's not like it's that radical of a decision. We let Apple get away with calling all their new OS's whatever the hell they want. 

I like the product they demoed and I personally like the new name, they switched it up a bit. And got far away from windows 8, which is always a good decision. 

Any mention of High-Res screen support?

Here I was hoping that it'd be one of the main things they'd be shouting about considering their whole "One Product" spiel (that is because devices are getting more and more PPI heavy these days).

I would consider going 4K in the future, but the main thing holding me back from even thinking about it is the trashy scaling Windows is known for.  

Here I was hoping that it'd be one of the main things they'd be shouting about considering their whole "One Product" spiel (that is because devices are getting more and more PPI heavy these days).

I would consider going 4K in the future, but the main thing holding me back from even thinking about it is the trashy scaling Windows is known for.  

This was just a little insight for businesses and enthusiasts that wanted the Windows 7 UI. Later in the spring they will be doing presentations geared towards consumers 

Muhahahaha 8 was so bad they had to skip the 9 in order to reduce association.

Nvidia skipped the 800 series for a solid reason though, Microsoft just cant count

They didn't skip it, they were OEM-only.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

OK, I got it. They are trying to make it like OS X. Now it's Windows X.

Meh......it's just a name. The important thing is whether or not it's going to be any good. 

I'm genuinely disappointed with not being able to use full metro UI on my PC

Is is me or is the taskbar more transparent?

They name things about as good as a pair of brain dead monkeys.

Start menu! I saw this leaked a while ago, on some youtube video, so it doesn't surprise me much. But it looks like it might be 1000x better than Windows 8, so I won't complain until I get to test it out.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

nice new start menu :D

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

They should have called it WIndows X3000!! with flashy light abd laser beam.

Serisously, it looks better than the windows 8 (not difficult).

Wait and see

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Okay i'm liking it except for the ugly start bar icon(I prefer the Windows 7 start bar icon) and all that useless clutter on the right after opening the start menu.

Jus me or does the co-ordination of presentation seam a bit odd? Just straight into showing off the desktop after talking aboput enterprise, why not talk about the features, whats new etc?

Because 90% of Win 8 complaints from businesses and consumers alike were how it made the desktop experience worse. Makes sense for them to show their improvements there.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Rumour has it it'll have native support for up to 8K resolutions

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Better tiling, different desktops, a start menu, better alt+tab, slight improvement to the command line, title bars for metro apps, looks like Microsoft is actually trying to make it a good OS for everyone and not just the voodoo-I-only-have-a-touchscreen-what-is-a-mouse-people.

Now If they add configuration options for key binds, UI and stuff and I would maybe actually like it.

Oh and it looks like the colours used in their presentations are no longer picked by rolling dice.