R9 390X Coming in 2015. Featuring 20nm, Liquid Cooling and High Bandwidth Memory "HBM"

Stop lying about me, you have no ideas how bad advice they have been giving to people with many of them that came back and asked for an upgrade to Intel. Recommending 8320/8350's over 4670k for single threaded games, giving you a crap ton of futureproof nonsense, that's what they do. It never bothered them what performs better, any benchmark except from Teksyndicate is bullshit, all they're interested in is supporting AMD. It didn't matter a damn what they were buying, as long as AMD can sell a CPU that's all they care about. Lying to people who seek advice and being denial is the worst thing you can do. When I joined this forum in every 8350 vs i5 thread literally everyone recommended the 8350 over the i5 when they both costed exactly the same, now I can't even remember an OP going with their advice anymore. After you show them how terrible the FX cpu's can perform, they're quoting you with childish nonsense insulting your intelligence etc and you expect me to respect them? In their world AMD is always always the best, it can't be any different.

This isn't the first time we heard them moaning about nvidia's claim about 2x perf/watt & TDP;

1st one: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/217732-nvidia-lying-about-maxwell-gtx-980-specs-to-press/?view=findpost&p=2985898

2nd one: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/218016-nvidias-attempt-to-manipulate-the-gtx-980-figures-to-deceive-the-press-worked/?view=findpost&p=2990029

After their first thread got locked because of all the BS, the 2nd thread was just the same exact thing, and while being proven wrong in both threads already he starts talking about it again in this thread that had nothing to do with nvidia at all. Give him a week or two, he'll post it again. Also I'm actually never active in AMD vs Nvidia threads, what am I supposed to do there when there's hardly a performance difference between them? 

Yes, I damn well do expect you to respect them. Or at the very least, don't respond to them if they're driving you to the breaking point.

If a user insults you, REPORT THEM AND MOVE ON!

Do not engage them, and do not insult them back. Because when you start insulting other forum members, you lose all respect from myself and many others. Maybe you don't care about my respect? Well that's fine. Respect is earned both by me and by you. But personal attacks are against the forum CoC, and it just degrades this entire place. I can't stand how many threads just become senseless insult fests by fanboys and people who are pissed off.

So please, if users are insulting you, then don't stoop to their level. If they are posting incorrect, false, misleading information, or plain out-right lies, then correct them in a respectful and factual manner. Post the facts and for god sake use sources (And yes I know you posted sources above).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

What did I say that was a lie...ok maybe you don't give constructive help on Nvidia products, I was wrong about that, I'm sorry I slandered your name. But for everything else I standby it.  I've been part of one of those "AMD v intel" threads with you, it was initially a 8320vs8350 thread but you had to chime in, I've tried to compromise but you are the definition of a bigot.

...they're quoting you with childish nonsense insulting your intelligence etc and you expect me to respect them? In their world AMD is always always the best, it can't be any different.

"You, GPUlolpert, bookerthing, emmawhatever, milkysyndicate, katnesswhocan'taim, etc are all grouping up spreading bullshit, working at AMD offices as mistresses getting paid with 8320's, carpooling together in a gangsta ride fiat punto praying when watching Logans fabricated video's, accusing each other of fabricating the IQ results because you all scored the same, claiming the 5th teletubby is called AMD, believing in conspiracy theories where 5 people actually believe in etc etc."-Faa

You are an interesting subject. You make a post about a crazy childish conspiracys that insults the intelligence of others and then cry at the reflection.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Let's all bash AMD for trying to compete. And completely ignore Nvidia's bullshit TDP and power efficiency claims for the 900 series.

Yes because apparently power consumption is measured with TDP ? even the Nvidia fans will tell that's not bull fecal matter.

No I'm not a rocket scientest but even I know 100/73 does not equal 2.

im not gonna reply any further not to derail this thread, but where on that slide does it say that maxwell does 2x perf/watt(power consumption)...? learn to read before spewing stupidity all over here

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Do not engage them, and do not insult them back. Because when you start insulting other forum members, you lose all respect from myself and many others. 

Exactly.

Yes, I damn well do expect you to respect them. 

See 1st quote.

Maybe you don't care about my respect? Well that's fine. 

Didn't I lose it?

If they are posting incorrect, false, misleading information, or plain out-right lies, then correct them in a respectful and factual manner. Post the facts and for god sake use sources (And yes I know you posted sources above).

That's the point, any source is against them, they know they're wrong but they're going for another round in a different thread. It's not posting misinformation anymore if they know its wrong, it's just outright fanboyism along with a bunch of lies, only deserves criticism. Like you said; I don't need to respect them when they showed no respect either. You're not going to deny that theyre fanboys, it's dead obvious, that they s*** AMD's d*** is true, that they're grouping up is true as well as you seen they upvote each other blindly and its the same guys who grouped up trying to prove me wrong along with insults and many others who recommended people the RIGHT thing. I'm not insulting them if its true, it's not an insult calling a guy a murderer when he shot someone down.

Reporting them o god, mods just see their misinformation and the facts we post as an opinion. Lying at people who seek advice is allowed, let them all advise an overpriced 8core for a single threaded game when you can get for 1/3rd of its price that performs up to ~100% better, lets all just insult people who are just sticking to the facts. They insult you because they can't accept that their CPU ends up to be an awful value, report them and its the same thing for the next day. Hell yea lets respect them when they're ruining people's build who probably worked very hard to earn that money.

People who hate me here are all AMD FX owners, no surprise really. 

You are an interesting subject. You make a post about a crazy childish conspiracys that insults the intelligence of others and then cry at the reflection.

You are assuming that's all. 

What did I say that was a lie...ok maybe you don't give constructive help on Nvidia products, I was wrong about that, I'm sorry I slandered your name. But for everything else I standby it.  I've been part of one of those "AMD v intel" threads with you, it was initially a 8320vs8350 thread but you had to chime in, I've tried to compromise but you are the definition of a bigot.

This thread? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/137735-8320-vs-8350/

Sorry no I was doing the right thing. The OP already had a 6300 so what use does a 8320 have if only 2 games atm that take advantage of 8 cores? If he needs more cpu performance in his games, Intel was his only upgrade path. I wasn't wrong about that not enough games atm leverage 8 cores properly to justify its cost. I wasn't wrong either about Intels single threaded performance going up to 2x, which I proved in that thread many times and which you throwed out. I take whats performing better and surely if the price is the same and thats what I will recommend not because I like it and I own it or because "I don't want to admit being an AMD fanboy".

Exactly.

See 1st quote.

Didn't I lose it?

That's the point, any source is against them, they know they're wrong but they're going for another round in a different thread. It's not posting misinformation anymore if they know its wrong, it's just outright fanboyism along with a bunch of lies, only deserves criticism. Like you said; I don't need to respect them when they showed no respect either. You're not going to deny that theyre fanboys, it's dead obvious, that they s*** AMD's d*** is true, that they're grouping up is true as well as you seen they upvote each other blindly and its the same guys who grouped up trying to prove me wrong along with insults and many others who recommended people the RIGHT thing. I'm not insulting them if its true, it's not an insult calling a guy a murderer when he shot someone down.

Reporting them o god, mods just see their misinformation and the facts we post as an opinion. Lying at people who seek advice is allowed, let them all advise an overpriced 8core for a single threaded game when you can get for 1/3rd of its price that performs up to ~100% better, lets all just insult people who are just sticking to the facts. They insult you because they can't accept that their CPU ends up to be an awful value, report them and its the same thing for the next day. Hell yea lets respect them when they're ruining people's build who probably worked very hard to earn that money.

People who hate me here are all AMD FX owners, no surprise really. 

You are assuming that's all. 

This thread? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/137735-8320-vs-8350/

Sorry no I was doing the right thing. The OP already had a 6300 so what use does a 8320 have if only 2 games atm that take advantage of 8 cores? If he needs more cpu performance in his games, Intel was his only upgrade path. I wasn't wrong about that not enough games atm leverage 8 cores properly to justify its cost. I wasn't wrong either about Intels single threaded performance going up to 2x, which I proved in that thread many times and which you throwed out. I take whats performing better and surely if the price is the same and thats what I will recommend not because I like it and I own it or because "I don't want to admit being an AMD fanboy".

OMG...hahah well played sir. I genuinely thought you were legitimately an over enthusiastic bigot. Ok tell me, did you start off being enthusiastic about the intel platform but sort of played it over the top and then consciously commit to this persona or had you figured you'd be the intel troll of linustechtip from the very beginning and really committed to it, because either way that is some impressive dedication and you deserve some recognition. Again, well played, you play the part really well. "Your just assuming that's all" was a little too obvious of a troll but the rest is so well done, I'm a sincerely a little bit flabbergasted.

Although it's fun to read your debate (kind of), the personal insults got way outta hand, and you're also went very off topic. Just stop it before the thread gets locked.

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

OMG...hahah well played sir. I genuinely thought you were legitimately an over enthusiastic bigot. Ok tell me, did you start off being enthusiastic about the intel platform but sort of played it over the top and then consciously commit to this persona or had you figured you'd be the intel troll of linustechtip from the very beginning and really committed to it, because either way that is some impressive dedication and you deserve some recognition. Again, well played, you play the part really well. "Your just assuming that's all" was a little too obvious of a troll but the rest is so well done, I'm a sincerely a little bit flabbergasted.

First you were criticizing me for insulting, now you're doing it by yourself. I linked the thread you claimed I've been a bigot when I was completely right. What part didnt you want to understand that not enough games atm do take advantage of 8 cores? That's why I told him to not upgrade to a 83xx chip because he already had a 6300. I even said if he is ever held back by the CPU, then his only upgrade would be Intel mainly because nearly every game doesn't take advantage of more than 4 cores which sound logical that Intel would do much better thanks to its better IPC. If you think I was wrong, then bring the excuses up why you haven't upgraded your 6350 to a 83xx yet.

Besides you were being the fanboy there since you prefered AMD over a better product that was cheaper.

First you were criticizing me for insulting, now you're doing it by yourself. I linked the thread you claimed I've been a bigot when I was completely right. What part didnt you want to understand that not enough games atm do take advantage of 8 cores? That's why I told him to not upgrade to a 83xx chip because he already had a 6300. I even said if he is ever held back by the CPU, then his only upgrade would be Intel mainly because nearly every game doesn't take advantage of more than 4 cores which sound logical that Intel would do much better thanks to its better IPC. If you think I was wrong, then bring the excuses up why you haven't upgraded your 6350 to a 83xx yet.

Besides you were being the fanboy there since you prefered AMD over a better product that was cheaper.

Alright Faa let's do this again.

1) I never criticized you for insulting, I criticized you for being a biggot.

2)Biggot-  a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially :  one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

Tell me, is there a person who recommends AMD processors for gaming who isn't "..spreading bullshit, working at AMD offices as mistresses getting paid with 8320's, carpooling together in a gangsta ride fiat punto praying when watching Logans fabricated video's, accusing each other of fabricating the IQ results because you all scored the same, claiming the 5th teletubby is called AMD, believing in conspiracy theories where 5 people actually believe in etc etc."

"Recommending 8320/8350's over 4670k for single threaded games, giving you a crap ton of futureproof nonsense, that's what they do. It never bothered them what performs better, any benchmark except from Teksyndicate is bullshit, all they're interested in is supporting AMD. It didn't matter a damn what they were buying, as long as AMD can sell a CPU that's all they care about. Lying to people who seek advice and being denial is the worst thing you can do. When I joined this forum in every 8350 vs i5 thread literally everyone recommended the 8350 over the i5 when they both costed exactly the same, now I can't even remember an OP going with their advice anymore. After you show them how terrible the FX cpu's can perform, they're quoting you with childish nonsense insulting your intelligence etc and you expect me to respect them? In their world AMD is always always the best, it can't be any different."

and please answer this knowing that you said "AMD cpu's should be avoided at all costs for gaming" and please go into some depth.

3) The part that I didn't understand is your bigoted response of "AMD cpu's should be avoided at all costs for gaming" My posts were arguing that the gap between AMD and intel were far less than you described and in the time we had our fun little chat you never said "if he is ever held back by the CPU, then his only upgrade would be Intel mainly because nearly every game doesn't take advantage of more than 4 cores which sound logical that Intel would do much better thanks to its better IPC."

4) Because I built a budget gaming computer to play games and guess what, I'm still on a budget and cant afford to go out and buy new processors.

and please answer this knowing that you said "AMD cpu's should be avoided at all costs for gaming" and please go into some depth.

That was a response to a guy who was claiming the 8350 is a better value than the i5 which was wrong. Let me put it this way; AMD is only on par with Intel if the game is heavily multithreaded or GPU bound. If we don't have any of those two conditions, we have a cpu bound game where their performance falls behind varying between a tiny bit and a huge amount. Their performance is inconsistent. The 8350 costed back then 200$, the i5 costed 200$. 200$ is not cheaper than 200$. Which CPU is better for gaming? The i5. Which one has a better price/performance ratio for gaming? Again the i5. What games are most of the time CPU bound? Lightthreaded ones where the i3 will outperform the 6300. Thats why I said they should be avoided. 

The part that I didn't understand is your bigoted response of "AMD cpu's should be avoided at all costs for gaming" My posts were arguing that the gap between AMD and intel were far less than you described and in the time we had our fun little chat you never said "if he is ever held back by the CPU, then his only upgrade would be Intel mainly because nearly every game doesn't take advantage of more than 4 cores which sound logical that Intel would do much better thanks to its better IPC."

Go find me some 720p at low settings benchmarks that show a 10% difference you claimed and you'll eventually see I'm being right that there's a huge IPC gap. Do you even realize that clock for clock a 8350 is below a 6 years old Q9550? A guy on this forum outperformed a 8350 at 5.4GHz with his E8400 at 4.7GHz in C15 singlethreaded so don't come up with a 10% difference claim. Don't forget that you can't benchmark multiplayer games properly, look at WoW benchmarks they show no difference but its a day & night difference in 25m raids.

Besides that guy had a 7990 and from my experience, even with my 3930K at 4.8GHz it was bottlenecking the crap out of a 670 in SLI in BF3, just in any multiplayer game. You'll never know if you're going to be cpu bound or GPU bound with CF/SLI setups. I ended up returning the 2nd 670 in the first day I bought it because of that.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7189/choosing-a-gaming-cpu-september-2013

http://vr-zone.com/articles/amd-fx-8350-vs-intel-core-i7-3770k-4-8ghz-multi-gpu-gaming-performance/17494.html (don't start about euheuh its i7 when none of the games they tested take advantage of more than 4 threads which HT wouldn't do fuck)

AMD hardly justifies the price of a 2nd 7970. Think again what CPU offers better price/performance.

Because I built a budget gaming computer to play games and guess what, I'm still on a budget and cant afford to go out and buy new processors.

Ah you even lied that you had a 8350; http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/137735-8320-vs-8350/#entry1831194

Biggot-  a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially :  one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

There are no opinions. Everything I said is readily available on the net. Do the research and you'll eventually realize I was right. But no you had to be a dick and call me a biggot >.> 

I never criticized you for insulting, I criticized you for being a biggot.

You did.

Just ignore him, it's just @Faa, from my experience with him personal attacks and unwavering convictions to the point of bigotry are sort of his thing. I don't like him but If someone needs help with an intel or Nvidia products he can be constructive but he's a volatile and degenerative part of AMD discussions and cannot be compromised with.

You even told him to ignore me. 

-snip-

alright were done here, no reason to keep spamming this thread so how about we play this game less publicly.

SO, has anyone heard about the new r9-390x?  apparently it's a good GPU.  Unfortunately there hasn't been much talk about it  recently.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

SO, has anyone heard about the new r9-390x?  apparently it's a good GPU.  Unfortunately there hasn't been much talk about it  recently.

honestly I WANT AMD to put make rumours.

I mean we had Nvidias event and new line of GPUs, I cannot wait for this one as well

I have hope in ATi, that they will, deliver, but when? 

When AMD Launches this R9 390X with a Minimum 500-600w PSU Required,I really want to see the face of Nvidea Fanboys !! Kudos to AMD,Don't worry even if I am an Nvidea GPU User,I like AMD much more than Nvidea.I always knew AMD will defenitly kick the butt of Nvidea One day.That day ain't far away.It's gonna be coming real soon.Yes,I also feel the same way : What on hell is wrong with AMD's GPU Naming Scheme.The R9 2xx was Much Better than R9 3xx on Names ! But I feel nothing is wrong on it's CPU Naming Sceme : FX 6300,Phenom II 965 Black edition (Sounds RAW !!) Thank you

i5 2500K - Kicking the butt of AMD,But I like AMD more than Intel !!  :lol:

I always knew AMD will defenitly kick the butt of Nvidea One day.That day ain't far away.

AMD has been heavily kicking Nvidia ass in the past, especially during the Fermi period. The HD 5800s and HD 6900s were vastly superior to the GTX 400s and 500s. 

5870 vs GTX 480 peak power consumption - 144W vs 257W - http://tpucdn.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_480_Fermi/images/power_peak.gif

Performance - the same http://tpucdn.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_480_Fermi/images/crysis_1920_1200.gif

6970 vs GTX 580 peak power consumption - 185W vs 226W http://tpucdn.com/reviews/HIS/Radeon_HD_6970/images/power_peak.gif

Performance - the same http://tpucdn.com/reviews/HIS/Radeon_HD_6970/images/crysis_1920_1200.gif

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

AMD has been heavily kicking Nvidia ass in the past, especially during the Fermi period. The HD 5800s and HD 6900s were vastly superior to the GTX 400s and 500s. 

what about R9 295x2?

Or r9 290x?(pre 780Ti time, that is basically a workstation cards consumer version, had twice the price as 290x)

ATi is competetive still. 

5870 vs GTX 480 peak power consumption - 144W vs 257W - http://tpucdn.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_480_Fermi/images/power_peak.gif

Performance - the same http://tpucdn.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_480_Fermi/images/crysis_1920_1200.gif

6970 vs GTX 580 peak power consumption - 185W vs 226W http://tpucdn.com/reviews/HIS/Radeon_HD_6970/images/power_peak.gif

Performance - the same http://tpucdn.com/reviews/HIS/Radeon_HD_6970/images/crysis_1920_1200.gif

Like most tech companies, they take it in turn to be the best option.  It's just that this last standing has taken a little longer than normal to start to turn.   But it will, the tables are turning, very slowly but they are turning non the less.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Looking at a few reviews, the 7990 is only situationally better - usually at higher resolutions (1440p+), and only by a small margin (results are closer for 1080p). Nvidia gets better minimum framerates, but lower averages. Nvidia also seems to have better frame time variance (frame times are more consistent, which means frame rates are also consistent). 

And that's only considering performance, but I like to consider power usage, noise, and temperature as well, and Nvidia is the clear winner for both. 

I can say the same, the 690 is only situationally better - and I think a dual gpu card is aimed at higher resolutions, taking into account that generation of cards.

About the minimum framerates and frametimes it was a issue that was brought up by NVIDIA, addressed by AMD, and currently (at least the R9 series) are superior to NVIDIA SLI, so I'm not sure if the reviews of the 7990 and 690 cover the new drivers with the fixes.

I for instance don't care for power usage, noise (even though the the 690 and 7990 are the same in iddle, 7990 wins in LOAD http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/radeon_hd_7990_review,10.html), and temperature as long as it doesn't throttle is fine by me - and you can see that the difference between the 690 and 7990 are few degrees (~4ºC), so there's no clear winner in that department (http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/radeon-hd-7990-review,9.html).

For me is performance and price mainly - and if I recall correctly the 7990 always had a very competitive and interesting price.

AMD-Radeon-R9-390X.jpg

The company revealed that it’s preparing a new product which it intends to compete  with head on against Nvidia’s GTX 980. According to overclockers.ru the product in question is the R9 380X based on the Pirate Islands micro-architecture and powered by the Fiji GPU. Not the flagship R390X as was previously thought.

Full Article

So the 380X will "allegedly" support 3D stacked memory and 20nm. Coming in Febuary 2015 that's a long time from now.

That's a long wait.. But if they can pull it off that's fantastic news. It's just a matter of cost then.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

it would be nice, but i'm sure NVidia will pull another 780ti on them... accept its a 980ti

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Well they've like 4 months extra for working on it, so it would be reasonable that it's better.

If AMD can bring serious competition to the plate, then by all means.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

If history tells us anything. No doubt it will be faster by a SMIDGE.

AMD answer Nvidia's TOP TIER with a small improvement.

Nvidia answer AMD TOP TIER with a small improvement.

Rinse and Repeat, Every year or two.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz