Should I get a 970 or get a 750ti to tie me over.

GymothyCharles
Go to solution Solved by Clyne,

Is this a real qustion? xD GTX 970 all the way bruh. :D

OP asked if he should get a 750ti first then get a 970 or save up more money for a 970 

@GymothyCharles

Just save up money for a 970, your gonna waste more time and money if your going with the 750ti and 970 path. 

Hi all!

I need a gpu, badly. I currently have a 9600gt that my dad gave me, and need to upgrade.

My specs are

I5 4430 (temporary) 3.0 ghz

MSI Z97M GAMING MOBO

Corsair Obsidian 350D

EVGA Supernova G2 850W

Samsung 840 Evo 120gb

Seagate Barracuda 2tb 7200rpm

GSkill RipjawsX 8gb

And I will be getting 3 AF 140s for airflow in a month or so, after my gpu.

The 4430 will be upgraded to a i7 4790k or i5 4690k after christmas, with a h100i on that.

So, I was looking at either getting a MSI Twin Frozr GTX 750ti, then a Windforce G1 970 once I can afford it, or just saving for a 970, what should I do?

PS - I AM NOT INTERESTED IN AMD, BECAUSE I WANT SHIELD GAMESTREAM AND SHADOWPLAY.

I am a beautiful person who is a good idea to have a good time to time and money to buy a new job and I need some help with the same time for the first time in the middle of the day.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Yeah, ill probably do that. I just dont know if I can live with a 9600gt for that long though. Should take a couple months.

I am a beautiful person who is a good idea to have a good time to time and money to buy a new job and I need some help with the same time for the first time in the middle of the day.

Save for the 970, you'll get it quicker that way.

This.

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Just save up and wait.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

OP asked if he should get a 750ti first then get a 970 or save up more money for a 970 

@GymothyCharles

Just save up money for a 970, your gonna waste more time and money if your going with the 750ti and 970 path. 

Alright, descision made, 970, no 750ti.

Yeah, ill probably do that. I just dont know if I can live with a 9600gt for that long though. Should take a couple months.

Why do you have a 9600gt? Did your previous GPU die?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

@Enderman I got it for free. All I ever uad, system is brand new, not a week old

Get the 970, I wouldn't waste money on something to "Hold me over" unless planning to sell it for close to what it was bought for when going to upgrade.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

No strix. I like the extra power, better cooling, and more displayport of the Gigabyte, I also prefer Gigabytes backplate.

I am in the same boat but I'm moving from a desktop to a laptop. I have an evga 970 on the way to me but i may just rma it and get a 760 rog and wait 6 months til there is a steady supply. I live up in Canada and the strix 970 hasn't showed it's face yet and i'm not sure what the hell to do

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz/CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer i11/Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)/Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866/Primary Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB SSD/Secondary Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB HDD/Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970/Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout ATX Mid Tower/Power Supply: Corsair 760W/Optical Drive: Asus Blu-Ray Reader/Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)/Monitor: Dell U2713HM 60Hz 27.0" Monitor 

Good choice. But then again, a lot of the 970s are good choices... You can't really go wrong.

@Enderman I got it for free. All I ever uad, system is brand new, not a week old

Oh. Just save up for the 970.

Play minecraft or minesweeper in the meantime.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

@gwertheim Yeah im from canada too, sucks that the 970 which is 350 in the states is 450 here. Stupid.

@gwertheim Yeah im from canada too, sucks that the 970 which is 350 in the states is 450 here. Stupid.

what are you talking about? 369.99$

This is the EVGA ACX 369.99

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-04gp40972kr

This is the asus strix 379.99

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-strixgtx970dc2oc4gd5

Superclocked ACX EVGA 384.99

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-04gp40974kr

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

what are you talking about? 369.99$

This is the EVGA ACX 369.99

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-04gp40972kr

This is the asus strix 379.99

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-strixgtx970dc2oc4gd5

Superclocked ACX EVGA 384.99

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-04gp40974kr

I meant including shipping.