Australia will be the first western country to get the New 3DS from Nintendo

HexaGuy

As per the all the new Australian focused Nintendo Direct, Australia will be the only country outside of Japan to be able to purchase the New 3DS in 2014.

The console won’t be sold in Europe or the US until 2015.

The release date is set at November 21, 2014.

Untitled5.png

nin.jpg

YESSS!!!! I can't believe this is happening. Australia is usually the last one to get availability of a certain product, not the first.

I'm. So. Excited. 

:DDDDD

Source:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/09/australia-will-be-the-only-country-outside-of-japan-to-get-the-new-3ds-in-2014/

EDIT:

1. YES, the charger is sold separately. 

2. For those who say, 'Australian is not western, it's eastern.', the term is referring to Australia's culture being more, 'Western.'

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

Can I ask, what's the difference?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

It's insulting to Australian people. They already talk with a funny accent and now, they have the retarded "console"....

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Sweet, I will go pre order one next week.

Already on EB Games website.
post-54950-0-08308400-1411544811.png

EDIT
post-54950-0-90115100-1411547071.jpg

AC adapter is sold separately. The Nintendo 3DS AC Adapter (sold separately) or AC adapter provided with a Nintendo 3DS /3DS XL/DSi/DSi XL system is required.

This is really odd. To me that basically means, Nintendo is rushing out units to stores and in order to do that they have to sacrifice the AC adapter, as in not including in the box. As all iterations over the years of the DS line I have bought have always had the AC adapter.
Why would Nintendo rush units to Australia first? (not that i am complaining, It is super cool. As we usually get things late), Why not a bigger market like the US. This announcement really has me vexed.
So if you are buying into the System for the first time you have the console at $219.95 / $249.95 + AC adapter for $14.95 = $234.90 / $264.90

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

aaah pls change the title u r not the only ones to get the new 3ds u r the first

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

It's insulting to Australian people. They already talk with a funny accent and now, they have the retarded "console"....

~.~

"funny accent"? "retarded "console""??

1. We may have funny accents to your kind over in 'Merica, but same goes for anyone in a different country to another, given both countries speak English.

2. Erm, u kaulin deh DS deh console??? I prefer, the term "handheld gaming platform". 

But also, freakin cool, maybe we should make everything Australian exclusive. Yethhhhhh  :D  :D  :ph34r:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

The screen still has the same shitty resolution (400x240 top and 320x240 bottom). - as far as I know.

They need to improve that first.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

we better get that balling pokemon special edition. I don't really feel like importing one along with a jap copy of the game. If you have never seen it here it is. http://kotaku.com/these-limited-pokemon-new-3ds-consoles-sure-look-luxuri-1634769652

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

~.~

"funny accent"? "retarded "console""??

1. We may have funny accents to your kind over in 'Merica, but same goes for anyone in a different country to another, given both countries speak English.

2. Erm, u kaulin deh DS deh console??? I prefer, the term "handheld gaming platform". 

But also, freakin cool, maybe we should make everything Australian exclusive. Yethhhhhh  :D  :D  :ph34r:

The Australian accent sound similar than English accent to me, but I do prefer the Australian one.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Ps1 or gtfo

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

The Australian accent sound similar than English accent to me, but I do prefer the Australian one.

A`ight Mate?

A`ight Mate?

I don't read australian, I just hear it......sorry

Released dates are from the bizarro world but this doesn't really mean Nintendo likes you now, Australia.

I'm thinking what happened is Nintendo doesn't think the console do well in Europe and NA without a compelling game. That's why they will wait next year for those markets. But no one cares about Australia so they can release there now with no game to play.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Sweet, I will go pre order one next week.

Already on EB Games website.

3ds.png

Wait, is the charger sold separately? Surely not.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I like how it's even being sold as the "New 3DS".

Imagine if Sony or Microsoft came out with the "new Xbox" or "Playstation New". People would lose their shit because it's a fucking horrible marketing decision and pisspoor naming scheme.

Nintendo's dropped the fucking ball, majorly. Putting aside the horrible design choices they've made back with the Wii and then-on, they had a similar fiasco with the whole Wii-U naming ordeal, you'd think they would have decided not to be idiots this time 'round.

All 3DS models since the original have been sold with the charger separately.

One reason is that it cuts down the cost of the unit and packaging of the unit.

Another is that Nintendo have a vast amount of people that trade in their old units for the new one and they generally keep a charger or two spare.  So long as the connector is the same then they don't need to sell you another charger.

If you really hate it then pick up a 3DS USB charger on eBay for like $3 instead of the premium Ninty cost.

I find it hard to agree that Nintendo have made terrible decisions from the Wii on wards.  The Wii, the DS, the 3DS have all printed money for the company.  The Wii U isn't strong but at least it plays 1080p @ 60Hz which even PC developers are shrugging at these days (I'm looking at you Capcom and Ubi.....)

wait wait ........

Australia is a western country ???

but its no where near the west

its in the east part

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

All 3DS models since the original have been sold with the charger separately.

One reason is that it cuts down the cost of the unit and packaging of the unit.

Another is that Nintendo have a vast amount of people that trade in their old units for the new one and they generally keep a charger or two spare.  So long as the connector is the same then they don't need to sell you another charger.

If you really hate it then pick up a 3DS USB charger on eBay for like $3 instead of the premium Ninty cost.

I find it hard to agree that Nintendo have made terrible decisions from the Wii on wards.  The Wii, the DS, the 3DS have all printed money for the company.  The Wii U isn't strong but at least it plays 1080p @ 60Hz which even PC developers are shrugging at these days (I'm looking at you Capcom and Ubi.....)

My 3ds came with a charger in the box.

So did my 3DS XL, even my DS lite did.

Looks like some countries are getting different packages.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

wait wait ........

Australia is a western country ???

but its no where near the west

its in the east part

The culture here is more Western influenced than anything else dispite where it is located

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.