Australia will be the first western country to get the New 3DS from Nintendo

HexaGuy

Australia is south of Japan. 

Oh really, I had no clue.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

so what ur saying

is if the whole world adopts western culture then we should get evey compass and throw them in a fire pit ?

Oh stop being a silly bugger. You can't divide a globe into east and west, there is no point at which one starts and the other begins. The term "The West" was used in the literal sense before The Americas and Oceania was discovered by Europeans, before then 'The West' was Europe and 'The East' was the middle east and Asia also known as the Orient. Nowadays since we all know the world is round and cannot be divided into east or west, countries that are prominent in western culture are known as western nations.

If you truly think that Australia/New Zealand are not western nations because of their geographical location then you must also believe that South American countries share the same culture as North American and European countries.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Now parents get to deal with "hey mom, I want the New 3DS. not the new 3DS. But the New 3DS"

FFS Nintendo, get your naming in order. 

Are people really being confused about Australia being a western country.

Countries smack bang middle of the Europe that are east of the US are western countries for example.

West is relative to where are on the globe.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

They sell it without a charger, because too many customers complained that they had to pay for a new one, when the already had one that could still be used with their new system. Also, not forcing you to buy a charger, if you don't need one. I myself bought a $2 USB cable and use that with my iPad's charger.

I like how it's even being sold as the "New 3DS".

Imagine if Sony or Microsoft came out with the "new Xbox" or "Playstation New". People would lose their shit because it's a fucking horrible marketing decision and pisspoor naming scheme.

Nintendo's dropped the fucking ball, majorly. Putting aside the horrible design choices they've made back with the Wii and then-on, they had a similar fiasco with the whole Wii-U naming ordeal, you'd think they would have decided not to be idiots this time 'round.

Hey, Mr PC *******, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The new 3DS is not the successor. It's just a hardware revision. Similar to the DSi, which no one had to upgrade to in order to play DS games.

Just so you know:

Sony did release new systems. The PSOne, The PSTwo, the PSP 2000 and 3000 series, the PSP Go, the PlayStation 3 Slim and Super Slim and even a newer version of the Vita.

Microsoft made multiple hardware revisions of the first XBOX and the 360 Slim.

That isn't even a complete list. Not one cared, because us console gamers care more about the games and less about numbers.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

I hope all of these revelations that Australia is not a "Western" country leaves everyone with the impression that the whole West vs East thing is a hallmark of Eurocentric globalization and that such directions don't actually make sense on a sphere.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Sweet, I will go pre order one next week.

Already on EB Games website.

3ds.png

EDIT

3ds2.jpg

This is really odd. To me that basically means, Nintendo is rushing out units to stores and in order to do that they have to sacrifice the AC adapter, as in not including in the box. As all iterations over the years of the DS line I have bought have always had the AC adapter.

Why would Nintendo rush units to Australia first? (not that i am complaining, It is super cool. As we usually get things late), Why not a bigger market like the US. This announcement really has me vexed.

So if you are buying into the System for the first time you have the console at $219.95 / $249.95 + AC adapter for $14.95 = $234.90 / $264.90

incorrect, since the 3ds line came they stopped adding the power cable, at least in Sweden. I could be wrong but that's what I've seen, I don't care really because I have my DSi XL cable and a USB cable to charge my 3ds Xl and 2ds

It is a pain for new people though.

"australia"

"western country"

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

incorrect, since the 3ds line came they stopped adding the power cable, at least in Sweden. I could be wrong but that's what I've seen, I don't care really because I have my DSi XL cable and a USB cable to charge my 3ds Xl and 2ds

It is a pain for new people though.

All DS/3DS lines in Australia have the AC adapter in the box. so I guess Nintendo must be making the change with this model to what happens in countries like yours.

It's just a bit annoying.

I wonder if there will be any backlash here in OZ. Just wait and see I guess.

As you said, it will be a pain for new people as they might not realize, get home and wonder where the charger is.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

All DS/3DS lines in Australia have the AC adapter in the box. so I guess Nintendo must be making the change with this model to what happens in countries like yours.

It's just a bit annoying.

I wonder if there will be any backlash here in OZ. Just wait and see I guess.

As you said, it will be a pain for new people as they might not realize, get home and wonder where the charger is.

the clerk should inform the buyer, if it's ordered online it should say on the product page.

If they miss that.. Well I'll laugh out loud.

They sell it without a charger, because too many customers complained that they had to pay for a new one, when the already had one that could still be used with their new system. Also, not forcing you to buy a charger, if you don't need one. I myself bought a $2 USB cable and use that with my iPad's charger.

Hey, Mr PC *******, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The new 3DS is not the successor. It's just a hardware revision. Similar to the DSi, which no one had to upgrade to in order to play DS games.

Just so you know:

Sony did release new systems. The PSOne, The PSTwo, the PSP 2000 and 3000 series, the PSP Go, the PlayStation 3 Slim and Super Slim and even a newer version of the Vita.

That isn't even a complete list. Not one cared, because us console gamers care more about the games and less about numbers.

Hey console peasant, I'm guessing reading isn't your strong suit, suppose you're better at playing the role of an idiot.

PS1, PS2. INSTANT CLARIFICATION OF A LINEAR PATH OF DEVELOPMENT. 2 > 1, simple, concise and to the point.

Xbox, Xbox 360, again, pretty easy to see and get the idea that one is better and newer than the other. Granted, Microsoft kind of went a bit weird with the Xbox One.

The PSP, or perhaps the last letter meaning PORTABLE gives a bit of a clue as to it's purpose, it's not intended as a successor to anything, it was on it's own. When they brought out the PSP Vita, again, you can see that it's a superior product through it's naming, it's sort of a PSP+, which is what you want to convey with your naming.

Xbox 360 slim and PS3 Slim, dude, are you even trying? It's all in the name, the only different is the slimmer models, people who look at that name will instantly realize that exact fact.

Wii and Wii U? The Wii U was meant to replace the Wii, yet the naming scheme and the marketing around the new way to interact with the console through the tablet made everyone think the Wii U was exclusively the tablet which is why it had issues.

The fact this 3DS doesn't have a model name is concerning, and yes there are exclusives for it, maybe even more potentially in the future so you can't say that it's just a hardware upgrade but still essentially a 3DS. It's on a similar design level as the PSP Vita, the same concept of a handheld console but with a new feature or two and extra power, yet the way Nintendo are calling it "the new 3DS" is just ridiculous.

So just shut your mouth, please.

I've never really considered Australia to be part of the Western world.

The Australian accent sound similar than English accent to me, but I do prefer the Australian one.

That's because Australia was a penal colony for Britain.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Absolutely, insults are hard to come by down here because terms of endearment include:  Wanker,  dickhead, bastard,  fucker,  ugly prick, ugly mother, fugly prick, goose, c**t, mongrel and knob.  Which leaves insults to be rather long descriptive sentences that leave the abused under no confusion as to what they are.

Example of an insult:  "Mate, your simply a fucking parasitic c**t, leaching like a worker scab on the arse of a mud crab. Piss off and stop talking yourself up like a big man rather than the piss weak bullshit artist you are. "

Example of mates at a BBQ,  "eh! get us a bear ya big c**t!"

You should hear me when I'm playing Diablo 3 with some Yank friends of mine over Skype... I've lost track of how many times I've dropped "c**t" & "c**ntmuffin" in a long chain when getting gangbanged by mobs when playing my Demon Hunter (even at Lvl 70 with like 40-45 levels of Paragon, we're play ln like Lvl 60 Expert as my friend/s start the game) as I need some knockback and my good moves are on cooldown.

Back on topic, I saw the email from Nintendo Australia (subscribed to it :P) about how in the first Nintendo Direct Australia, the New 3DS & New 3DSXL would be releasing in Aus and New Zealand for $219.95 AUD (New 3DS) & $249.95 (New 3DSXL) respectively, yesterday, and I'm glad that they're not bundling in yet ANOTHER DSi/DSiXL/3DS/3DSXL/2DS AC Adaptor with the New 3DS/XL, since I already have a pair of the fluckers (DSi & Pokemon X/Y-release 2DS).

HERECY! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

Wait, is the charger sold separately? Surely not.

Welcome to the land of unfair pricing.  

(It has nothing to do with tax or minimum wage)

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Just so you know:

There were DSi exclusive and DSi enhanced games. So yeah you kinda did have to upgrade to access the whole catalogue. And because this has a extra stick and two more shoulder buttons I give it 8 months before N3DS exclusive titles launch.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

The 'New' 3DS is not the 3DS successor, its a hardware revision. Most likely the last until the real successor to the 3DS line (Project Fusion?) gets announced in 2016-17. Probably settled on the 'New' as a marketing thing. Apple did it with the 'New' iPad.

Those in the know will know what the 'New' 3DS is and those that don't can ask a gamer or their local game retailer for clarification, its a new version of the 3DS with improvements. Simple.

new_nintendo_3ds_logo.jpg

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.