Nvidia releases new SLI bridges - Looks Nice

GoodBytes

i belive for 4 way you can use 3, 2 way bridges.

3 way vs 4 way is a very small performance gain though. if anything its a performance drop since the latency between frames becomes ridiculous.

Yep but you need the ones with no spaceing which evga only had for a short period of time for matx builds. They did also have a 4way but i dont think its available anymore.

Do the multiple bridges add latency? Honest question

Nope not at all.

Also the three way will work with sli and 2 open slots between them.

Really goes well with stock configurations. Nice. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

If I had a single Nvidia card that was sli capable, could I buy one of these, stick it on there, and have it light up just because I want another glowing thing in my case?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I noticed these on the Game24 mod challenge, looked really cool. Good to know how Nvidia plans to make their money back on 900 cards. kappa

I noticed these on the Game24 mod challenge, looked really cool. Good to know how Nvidia plans to make their money back on 900 cards. kappa

They had them before in their batle boxes and stuff like that. only nvidia and official partners had access to them so im glad that their now finally available.

Well we did ask for it. They probably had no intention of mass producing them in the first place so when they realised there was a demand for it they probably had to go and contact their manufacturer about what they want to do. I would imagine it isn't a quick task. But I like them and when you take into the account what Nvidia had to do to get these out I think the price is pretty fair.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

There's a reason Nvidia sticks with bridged. It has a higher bandwidth ceiling and doesn't at all touch the power moving through the PCIe bus. Bridges is more stable and has more potential.

$5 says Nvidia does it eventually, markets it as not having those disadvantages, and you eat it up and talk about how Nvidia perfected AMD's "flawed" implementation.

Hasn't Linus proven with Luke that multiple GPUs in SLI or Crossfire hardly make difference?

I think you meant 4 way hardly makes a difference.If you meant 2-3 gpu's in sli/x-fire you are terribly wrong.

Those bridges look neat,but expensive as hell not worthy for PC peasant like me who doesnt have 2 gpu's,only for filthy rich then it makes sense to buy them.

That thing is gorgeous, but the price... Why so expensive?

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Of course, it's not available to ship to Australia. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

$5 says Nvidia does it eventually, markets it as not having those disadvantages, and you eat it up and talk about how Nvidia perfected AMD's "flawed" implementation.

Claims a civilian with no background in computer science nor engineering thereof. If you're going to shoot your mouth off, please provide the reasons why you aren't a dick and have something worth listening to.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Claims a civilian with no background in computer science nor engineering thereof. If you're going to shoot your mouth off, please provide the reasons why you aren't a dick and have something worth listening to.

I'm sorry, your majesty. Please forgive my inferiority. 

I'm seriously disappointed that there is no two-way bridge with a single space in between :/ 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

There's a reason Nvidia sticks with bridged. It has a higher bandwidth ceiling and doesn't at all touch the power moving through the PCIe bus. Bridges is more stable and has more potential.

And XF over PCI-E has completely removed frame latency from the picture for crossfire configurations.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

And XF over PCI-E has completely removed frame latency from the picture for crossfire configurations.

I'm not saying SLI isn't flawed, but there was an engineering tradeoff made. Stable power or raw performance with the hardware available. They chose stable power. Whether or not Nvidia fixes its latency remains to be seen, but given the SLI scaling on Maxwell, it looks like they have, but that doesn't negate my argument. Bridged configs will always have more bandwidth available than non-bridged for (I hope) obvious architectural reasons.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

The EVGA bridges were inspired by the original OEM claw SLI bridge.

Exactly. 

Here is the original Claw bridge

rF2FrfJ.jpg

Difference seems to be that you can buy them more easily now.

I'm seriously disappointed that there is no two-way bridge with a single space in between :/

evga has that one but doesnt have the other two. They used to have the no spacing one but that was a limited run. You could also use the 3 way for no spacing and double spacing.

evga has that one but doesnt have the other two. They used to have the no spacing one but that was a limited run. You could also use the 3 way for no spacing and double spacing.

There is still a no spacing option. There are two way bridges with no space or with two spaces (ignoring spaces taken up by the cards). So theres no way to use it on a board with a dual slot card- a single empty space - another dual slot card (unless of course the picture is just misleading).  

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Umm thats not what did it they had to completely redo how the driver was done for SLI. Nvidia and AMD handled multi GPU very very differently.

Exactly. 

Here is the original Claw bridge

rF2FrfJ.jpg

Difference seems to be that you can buy them more easily now.

They look exactly teh same as the new ones... I think I prefer the nvidia ones unless you have a ACX cooling unit.

ill be picking up two of the double spacing 2 way sli ones since those arnt available form EVGA. I think the will look better with two water blocked 980's than EVGA's as well. RIght now im using a modified EVGA 3 way (I cut out the middle connectors).

There is still a no spacing option. There are two way bridges with no space or with two spaces (ignoring spaces taken up by the cards). So theres no way to use it on a board with a dual slot card- a single empty space - another dual slot card (unless of course the picture is just misleading).

EVGA has that option is what I was trying to say. its available here http://goo.gl/6PDX6G .

EVGA has that option is what I was trying to say. its available here http://goo.gl/6PDX6G .

I know that, but I like Nvidia's bridge 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I know that, but I like Nvidia's bridge

Well EVGA doesnt have the 2 way ones that nvidia does and vice-versa so idk... ?

It doesn't effect the performance and if it does why would they use it in pascal? and I want evidence.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650