Nvidia releases new SLI bridges - Looks Nice

GoodBytes

i think sticking with the bridge between cars will always be the best option,

There is a bridge but it uses the PCI-E

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I wonder if i can mod the light in it to be something other than green or is it green plexie over the led.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

There is a bridge but it uses the PCI-E

then thats not a bridge they are just connected via the PCI-E for everything.

From the look of it, those seem like they may be fairly easy to take apart and mod. They look really awesome.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I wonder if i can mod the light in it to be something other than green or is it green plexie over the led.

The EVGA one is white I just ordered a "2-Way Spaced SLI Bridge" http://goo.gl/3Jr8q2 so il let you know when I get mine.

From the look of it, those seem like they may be fairly easy to take apart and mod. They look really awesome.

yep same as the EVGA one as that is what the EVGA ones are based on.

It doesn't effect the performance and if it does why would they use it in pascal? and I want evidence.

Shush. I want my $5.

yep same as the EVGA one as that is what the EVGA ones are based on.

sweet, now i just need to wait until the 770's price drops a bit. I feel the need for a sli setup in the short future.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

then thats not a bridge they are just connected via the PCI-E for everything.

Yeah that, but it doesn't effect performance right, that what I read and heard, but some people on this thread said it does with no evidence l, I am not implying they are stupid but they are misinformed.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Shush. I want my $5.

What??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Hasn't Linus proven with Luke that multiple GPUs in SLI or Crossfire hardly make a difference?

If there is a card above the one you are sli'ing then they usually recommend the single powerful card over the sli. But if you have two top tier cards the only way to get more is through sli. 2-way is pretty close to double the preformance in games with sli profiles but 3-way isn't that close to 3 times and 4-way is just cuz u have more money than you know what to do with it.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

What??

$5 says Nvidia does it eventually, markets it as not having those disadvantages, and you eat it up and talk about how Nvidia perfected AMD's "flawed" implementation.

that

i just fucking wet my pants, excuse me for a minute while i go get changed...

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Finally releases them, oh wait that's right i live in Australia where it's not available. MUST MOVE TO MURICA!!!!!!!!

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Yeah that, but it doesn't effect performance right, that what I read and heard, but some people on this thread said it does with no evidence l, I am not implying they are stupid but they are misinformed.

Not using a bridge for SLI doesnt work as its not make to. back in the early days you used to be able to software SLI that just used the PCI-E bus and there was a huge drop in performance. This was back when basically only nForce chipset boards were certified for SLI.

There might be enough bandwidth there. AMD has shown that indeed it does work but they also do SLI far more with software than Nvidia which is part of the reason why they had the issues with the frame timing. Nvidia on the other hand has a bunch of hardware in place to aid with sli and have since the beginning. Inherently this may need a direct connection to the other GPU.

Part of the reason why I like nvidia more is because of that. They choose to go the hardware route with dedicated chips or hardware features than AMD who for the most part uses software and runs if off the GPU. If you into multimedia at all nvidia is much appreciated with dedicated decoders and even a dedicated hardware deinterlacer which is still there from the DVD/MPEG2 days. If you manage to run their MPEG2 PureVideo hardware decoder it still works as well.

Not using a bridge for SLI doesnt work as its not make to. back in the early days you used to be able to software SLI that just used the PCI-E bus and there was a huge drop in performance. This was back when basically only nForce chipset boards were certified for SLI.

There might be enough bandwidth there. AMD has shown that indeed it does work but they also do SLI far more with software than Nvidia which is part of the reason why they had the issues with the frame timing. Nvidia on the other hand has a bunch of hardware in place to aid with sli and have since the beginning. Inherently this may need a direct connection to the other GPU.

Part of the reason why I like nvidia more is because of that. They choose to go the hardware route with dedicated chips or hardware features than AMD who for the most part uses software and runs if off the GPU. If you into multimedia at all nvidia is much appreciated with dedicated decoders and even a dedicated hardware deinterlacer which is still there from the DVD/MPEG2 days. If you manage to run their MPEG2 PureVideo hardware decoder it still works as well.

Yeah but Amd is starting to catch up with Tonga they put some decoders and encoders on the R9 285.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

If there is a card above the one you are sli'ing then they usually recommend the single powerful card over the sli. But if you have two top tier cards the only way to get more is through sli. 2-way is pretty close to double the preformance in games with sli profiles but 3-way isn't that close to 3 times and 4-way is just cuz u have more money than you know what to do with it.

I usually apply this to a top tier card so like 680, 670, and later the 660 Ti were viable to SLI since the used the best chip. Also the 650 Ti BOOST was just based on price to performance, power draw, and overclockability but its an anomaly.

Finally releases them, oh wait that's right i live in Australia where it's not available. MUST MOVE TO MURICA!!!!!!!!

ill ship you one but just to get it to me mine was $40 http://goo.gl/3Jr8q2

I usually apply this to a top tier card so like 680, 670, and later the 660 Ti were viable to SLI since the used the best chip. Also the 650 Ti BOOST was just based on price to performance, power draw, and overclockability but its an anomaly.

ill ship you one but just to get it to me mine was $40 http://goo.gl/3Jr8q2

Geez thanks for the offer! I'll have a think about it! :)

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Yeah but Amd is starting to catch up with Tonga they put some decoders and encoders on the R9 285.

Interesting since the lower end APU's with the x86 cores for tablet and netbooks had them for a while. I kinda wonder about the audio thing and how thats actually done on the card or if it just the driver on the PC.

Geez thanks for the offer! I'll have a think about it! :)

No problem. If anyone else is interested let me know and ill see what I can do.

The EVGA one is white I just ordered a "2-Way Spaced SLI Bridge" http://goo.gl/3Jr8q2 so il let you know when I get mine.

thanks, once my tax returns come in I will be getting another 770 for sli so I will be in need of an sli bridge then. Flexy ROG sli bridge will have to do till then.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Nice , I want :)

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I'm not saying SLI isn't flawed, but there was an engineering tradeoff made. Stable power or raw performance with the hardware available. They chose stable power. Whether or not Nvidia fixes its latency remains to be seen, but given the SLI scaling on Maxwell, it looks like they have, but that doesn't negate my argument. Bridged configs will always have more bandwidth available than non-bridged for (I hope) obvious architectural reasons.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't bridged XF/SLI capped at about 900 MB/s?

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling