Nvidia releases new SLI bridges - Looks Nice

GoodBytes

I thought these were released with the 770/780 gen cards? I've seen this design around for quite a bit and i think the only place you could was in the US. Can't remember the site though

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't bridged XF/SLI capped at about 900 MB/s?

I wouldn't be surprised if that was true in the first few revisions given how old those graphics cards now are. Currently, no way.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Oh. My. God. I. Need. One. Like. Now.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

I wouldn't be surprised if that was true in the first few revisions given how old those graphics cards now are. Currently, no way.

Well, those were the figures I got from the last revision of CrossFireX specifications.

Edit: SLI FAQ claims 1GB/s;

"SLI Bridge

What is the function of the SLI connector?

The SLI connector is a proprietary link between GPUs that transmits synchronization, display, and pixel data. The SLI connector enables inter-GPU communication of up to 1GB/s, consuming no bandwidth over the PCI Express bus."

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Well, those were the figures I got from the last revision of CrossFireX specifications.

Edit: SLI FAQ claims 1GB/s;

"SLI Bridge What is the function of the SLI connector?

The SLI connector is a proprietary link between GPUs that transmits synchronization, display, and pixel data. The SLI connector enables inter-GPU communication of up to 1GB/s, consuming no bandwidth over the PCI Express bus."

8Gbps, not bad. Like I said, the potential bandwidth is higher and it ensures all power from the PCIe bus goes to the GPU first instead of being muffled by data transfer. It's a trade off.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

8Gbps, not bad. Like I said, the potential bandwidth is higher and it ensures all power from the PCIe bus goes to the GPU first instead of being muffled by data transfer. It's a trade off.

Compared to 16GB/s from PCIe 3.0, that's quite damn low.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Compared to 16GB/s from PCIe 3.0, that's quite damn low.

You need 4 lanes of PCIe 3.0 for that. That's a lot of power to be destabilized. IMHO it's not worth it.

thanks, once my tax returns come in I will be getting another 770 for sli so I will be in need of an sli bridge then. Flexy ROG sli bridge will have to do till then.

the coper colored flexable bridges dont really even go with the noctua build very well.

the coper colored flexable bridges dont really even go with the noctua build very well.

That is what this lovely thing here is for. Will still look like ass though because I have a palit card and you can't get them anymore. Closest thing is the gainward card because they are the same thing but those are gone to. I will probably just go with the DCU2 and stick it in the top slot to hide my shitty palit one.

post-20323-0-09443700-1411636326_thumb.j

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

That is what this lovely thing here is for. Will still look like ass though because I have a palit card and you can't get them anymore. Closest thing is the gainward card because they are the same thing but those are gone to. I will probably just go with the DCU2 and stick it in the top slot to hide my shitty palit one.

I have some solid PCB one but their either always the wrong length or their plastered with logo's. Well supossedly my nvidia one will be here on saturday but for now mu modified EVGA 3 way is doing the job.

I have some solid PCB one but their either always the wrong length or their plastered with logo's. Well supossedly my nvidia one will be here on saturday but for now mu modified EVGA 3 way is doing the job.

You could always do something like glue plexie or something to the top of one of the solid ones that looks like shit. Would clean it up quite a bit and it can be whatever color you want it to. Something that i think would look really nice is if you make a cover for the bridge in the same style as whatever backplate the card had if it had one. Look at the gigabyte 980 on for example. Put a mini version of that on the sli bridge and it would make it look much better than stock.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

You could always do something like glue plexie or something to the top of one of the solid ones that looks like shit. Would clean it up quite a bit and it can be whatever color you want it to. Something that i think would look really nice is if you make a cover for the bridge in the same style as whatever backplate the card had if it had one. Look at the gigabyte 980 on for example. Put a mini version of that on the sli bridge and it would make it look much better than stock.

Yep it would. Actually V1Tech made me one with my builds logo on when he was making a part for my system. I think its a bit much but was a nice gesture. I try to remember to take a bit but itll for sure be in my Anthrax build log at some point.

Black alu with a silver alu Nvidia logo in the center would have looked a million times classier.

I just bought and installed EVGA's pro SLI bridge...

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Pretty damn expensive tho
No more expensive than evga's. Well the 3-way is $10 more...
Black alu with a silver alu Nvidia logo in the center would have looked a million times classier.
Then it wouldnt have matched their stock cooler.
I just bought and installed EVGA's pro SLI bridge...
Same but they dont have the 2-way sli with double spacing bridge that i needed.

No more expensive than evga's. Well the 3-way is $10 more...

Then it wouldnt have matched their stock cooler.

Same but they dont have the 2-way sli with double spacing bridge that i needed.

I don't regret the purchase though, looks amazing... I always have minor nerdgasms whenever I turn my head to the side window lol

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

I don't regret the purchase though, looks amazing... I always have minor nerdgasms whenever I turn my head to the side window lol

Lol. Its also easy to mod the led since its white. Jayztwocents has a video on it if you need some sort of guide.

Lol. Its also easy to mod the led since its white. Jayztwocents has a video on it if you need some sort of guide.

Wow! Thanks man, I really appreciate that. :)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Wow! Thanks man, I really appreciate that. :)

no problem!

Ugly as fuck.

do you not like the stock nvidia coolers?

no problem!

do you not like the stock nvidia coolers?

The stock coolers fine well maybe with the lights off but those things eww they look really tacky the spaced 2 way one doesnt look that bad but id rather them go the AMD with no Crossfire/SLI bridge needed.

The stock coolers fine well maybe with the lights off but those things eww they look really tacky the spaced 2 way one doesnt look that bad but id rather them go the AMD with no Crossfire/SLI bridge needed.

They match the stock cooler and you can control the LED. no bridge is not an option so this is way better than the ribbon cables.

When they are like $5 I will get one!

you cant even get a standard bridge for that