GTX 980/970 Pricing & Reviews

OlekKing

so the 980 is as fast as a 780ti, a 970 is as fast as a 780, a 960 is as fast as a 770.

Oh, a pattern, is this how gpus have worked over the past 3 years !??! o.0

Except the fact that it can do it with 1/3 less power which is huge.

Lol, people just going to google money converter and thinking thats the real american price.

PRICES ARE LOWER IN AMERICA PEOPLE!!

Shave off 20% for VAT, add 6% for shipping costs, add 7ish % on top of that due to sales tax in most states. That should get you close.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

GCN 1.2, 3400 cores max is my prediction for the 390x, and that's going to be a nuclear reactor of a single card.

Yes but AMD will watercool it and be the first company to offer an AIO watercooled single GPU reference card (which is going to eventually be all cards in the next decade, but AMD will start the trend). They will not release another disaster that was the 290 and 290x reference cooler. 

Yes but AMD will watercool it and be the first company to offer an AIO watercooled single GPU reference card (which is going to eventually be all cards in the next decade, but AMD will start the trend). They will not release another disaster that was the 290 and 290x reference cooler. 

If AMD has to rely on water cooling their prices are going to go up. AIOs for GPUs are rare enough in the first place, and they're not easy to construct. Every card has different length and width too. It's going to be wildly expensive to make AIO coolers for anything apart from the flagships, or the AIOs will suck.

Frankly I'm shocked AMD hasn't gotten in bed with Swiftech or EKWB on such a project. Asetek isn't that great in the first place, and AMD touts quality of its products even when they're inferior (usually against Intel, whereas the GPU war is a cyclical affair).

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

>Videocardz   

:/ 

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

ill wait for TTL or Linus to do a review, they shouldnt BS us

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

I wonder if they're putting less CUDA cores in their consumer GPUs to make the Quadro/ Titan line more viable 

or if this is some kind of sick joke

I need opinions... should i wait to buy two 980s in sli? or buy two 780 tis now?

"benchmarks"

I wonder if they're putting less CUDA cores in their consumer GPUs to make the Quadro/ Titan line more viable

or if this is some kind of sick joke

Core count across generations is meaningless.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

980 is only a 165W card? That is freaking mind boggling. In one generation they are cutting energy requirements by about 30% while keeping the same performance? Holy shit the reference cards are going to run so cool and quiet now.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Core count across generations is meaningless.

I guess the cores could be stronger, but knowing Nvidia...

wasn't stacked DRAM and 20nm suppose to be out this Gen as well?

EDIT** Oh, I guess there is 40% improvement per CUDA core

dat Gainward Cooler tho O.o

Hell yeah! If I can put a fucking sword into my PC, god I will.

next year we should get the gtx1080p right??

I am 100% sure Nvidia will drop these kind of series. they will start a new one like AMD did

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

If AMD has to rely on water cooling their prices are going to go up. AIOs for GPUs are rare enough in the first place, and they're not easy to construct. Every card has different length and width too. It's going to be wildly expensive to make AIO coolers for anything apart from the flagships, or the AIOs will suck.

Frankly I'm shocked AMD hasn't gotten in bed with Swiftech or EKWB on such a project. Asetek isn't that great in the first place, and AMD touts quality of its products even when they're inferior (usually against Intel, whereas the GPU war is a cyclical affair).

That would be because Asetek now owns the patent for AIO solutions for GPU's.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

I need opinions... should i wait to buy two 980s in sli? or buy two 780 tis now?

2 980s

they are released tomorrow, but don't expect them by thr retailers until a few days later

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

It's hard to properly benchmark without any drivers...

Also Videocardz..... Really...

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

wasn't stacked DRAM and 20nm suppose to be out this Gen as well?

Yeah, but the delay isn't really nvidia's fault (amd doesn't have them yet either for that matter)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Except the fact that it can do it with 1/3 less power which is huge.

The benchmarks show a ~10 watt difference in power usage.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

This is a random post im just posting this because im happy that there are some Benchmarks of the 980 !! yeah :D

Link To Videocardz website 

http://videocardz.com/52552/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-and-gtx-970-press-slides-pictures-charts

Nice one. compare to a 680:D

You mean it will beat the 680 ?

WOW!! It actually reaches a performance of 3.5 for 4K + AA.

Lol I saw that too. Units are actually quite important, and in this case, absent.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro