GTX 980/970 Pricing & Reviews

OlekKing

i checked all my local suppliers/distributors (Australia)

none have the GTX980 listed.

where are they getting them from!?

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=193_1693   pccasegear is one of the very few reliable online stores in australia    

UPDATE: PCCG just updated their page of gtx 980 series with more brands like EVGA and such

I have the feeling everyone is gonna look at the 970 and not the 980. They are not that different since the 980 is essentially what 780 and 780ti are . The 980 could be considered a 970ti since they are based on the same chip ecc...
I have seen that an oced 970 can beat the 980 so I'm really looking forward on picking up one 970 and maybe a second one in the future.
Bye bye 290...

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

What's the price on the 960's going to be? I might pick one up on the new build. 

How are you all impressed by this shit? This is barely improvement, and is still not going to cut it for the big three on ultra (The Witcher 3, Star Citizen, The Division)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

What's the price on the 960's going to be? I might pick one up on the new build. 

Given the 970 price, probably $250?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Given the 970 price, probably $250?

Damn if that's it, I'm going to get one for sure.  I hope they make an miniitx short version. 

whats the price of 970?

$329, so the 960'd be ~$75 less, which is what I'd expect

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

IT'S OFFICIAL. The GTX 970 is the new price/performance darling! It's a fantastic value. It's essentially a 12% faster than GTX 780 with lower TDP and some new features for $350 dollars.

perfrel_1920.gif

perfrel_3840.gif

You can pick up two for the price of a GTX 780 Ti: and dwarf the 780 Ti in performance.

perfrel_3840.gif

Although it's small bus size is holding it back at the higher resolutions.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

i actually pailed more for my 680's -_-' but then again, belgium taxes really bump up retail price, but i'm going to upgrade not sure if i'm going sli again, since the issues of running sli weren't really worth the gain

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

How are you all impressed by this shit? This is barely improvement, and is still not going to cut it for the big three on ultra (The Witcher 3, Star Citizen, The Division)

Cos it's based on a 4 year old 28nm tech with little place for improvement.  Lower price, lower power AND better performance?  What's not to like?  Nobody targets upgraders from just 1 generation prior.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Cos it's based on a 4 year old 28nm tech with little place for improvement.  Lower price, lower power AND better performance?  What's not to like?  Nobody targets upgraders from just 1 generation prior.

That's when you make a bigger die on an improved design with the same TDP as the old cards and actually put the power efficiency to use.

Nobody targets upgraders from just 1 generation ago? Well, how about giving Fermi users a reason to upgrade? If not for an insane 75% off used 760 deal I found I would still be using my 470 until the very last moment before Star Citizen launches. And I would have made do just fine. And several in my fleet are still on GTX 4XX or 5XX series cards, just as unimpressed with post-fermi bullcrap.

They are not providing value for money, it just looks like it because they've been providing even worse value for money before.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

OMG and I almost bought a 290 a while ago, 970 here I come!

Was thinking of getting the new EVGA ACX 2.0 but I'm a little picky and don't want that blue sticker :P

Asus, let me see your cards already! Other than the 970 Strix.

outstanding cards . price/performance , performance per watt ... whatever.its good

Is ANYONE going to point out "Tomber Raider"? Really?

It's TOMB Raider.

Tomb stoner

I have a 780 Ti..... and even I want a few 970's to play with. They are amazing.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

That's when you make a bigger die on an improved design with the same TDP as the old cards and actually put the power efficiency to use.

Nobody targets upgraders from just 1 generation ago? Well, how about giving Fermi users a reason to upgrade? If not for an insane 75% off used 760 deal I found I would still be using my 470 until the very last moment before Star Citizen launches. And I would have made do just fine. And several in my fleet are still on GTX 4XX or 5XX series cards, just as unimpressed with post-fermi bullcrap.

They are not providing value for money, it just looks like it because they've been providing even worse value for money before.

I agree. Its like with all the Intel processors after Sandy, who cares if its more power efficient if its exactly the same speed.

How is it niche? Swiftech has fans of its own, and radiators. It could deliver a better version of the Asetek AIO easily in a closed system. EKWB would be more niche, but they could include Noctua or Nidec Servo (maker of the Scythe Gentle Typhoons of yore) and put together a full system.

Well it made it seem like you are suggesting they release cards like the Ares III or HydroCopper series just as a bare waterblock + card. But it seems you are suggesting Swiftech or EK making their own AIO version which I do see happening eventually. Swiftech already has a foot in the door with their AIO, so that's not too far off from possibilities. 

Well it made it seem like you are suggesting they release cards like the Ares III or HydroCopper series just as a bare waterblock + card. But it seems you are suggesting Swiftech or EK making their own AIO version which I do see happening eventually. Swiftech already has a foot in the door with their AIO, so that's not too far off from possibilities.

Oh no no no, AIO. EK waterblock with Noctua Industrial 3000 RPM (Max) fan. The glory...

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd