Next Office - Office 16 - Leaked

GoodBytes

The coming up version of Office has been leaked, screenshots that is, The Verge reports.

This leak doesn't show much, beside a slightly polished GUI, new dark theme, and a "Tell me what you want to do?" search box on the ribbon bar, which is designed to help find features in Office. The idea of this functionality, is believed to give the ability to help users that is seeking on doing something that they don't know how, or been a long time since they did and need help finding on how to do it. But it is only guess work. It could be just a help search box, for all we know.

Here are the leaked pictures:

office16lede1_1020.0.0_standard_1025.0.j

office2_1020_verge_super_wide.jpg

office7_1020_verge_super_wide.jpg

office4_1020_verge_super_wide.jpg

office1_1020_verge_super_wide.jpg

Also, Outlook is found to have improved IMAP support, where now you can ask to only get e-mail in the past 1, 3, 7 or 14 days.

And Office throughout support camera metadata, resulting in the ability for Office to automatically rotate pictures taken by a camera when inserted in a document. No more manual rotation.

It is obviously expected to have more features, but this is what has been found on the leaked.

Microsoft’s Office Ribbon is still present, and there are no major user interface changes just yet. Microsoft has, however, added a new black. We’re told that the black theme was the number one feature request for Office 2013 — likely because it existed in Office 2010 — and Microsoft is seeking feedback on its implementation to tweak any areas that are too bright. It’s an unusual look for Office, but if you’re used to regularly working in documents then it appears to be easier on the eyes than the white theme. The black theme isn’t default, it’s just an option for Office users alongside the light gray, dark gray, and white themes.

Other new features include automatic image rotation, allowing Microsoft to use camera metadata to correctly position images in Office documents. Once pictures are inserted, Office will automatically rotate a picture to match the camera’s orientation, with options to manually rotate afterwards. Microsoft is also improving its Outlook email client with sync options to just download 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, or 14 days of email. In the existing version of Outlook you can only download a minimum of one month of email, so the new option will improve any space issues on Windows laptops and tablets with limited storage.

It is excepted that everyone that has Office 365 subscription will get automatically upgraded when it comes out. We know nothing about Office release date, not even when it is expected to be released.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/18/6375419/microsoft-office-16-features-screenshots

Oooh, it looks good.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

LibreOffice makes this completely irrelevant for what concerns me ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

looks fine i guess. Office still isnt worth its pricetag though. I like the search bar feature to find more features. That feature should mean we can change MS Office classes in US schools to real computer classes right?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

The new Office reminds me of Visual Studio while using the dark theme. Not surprised their themes are cross-program.

Also, I've never been so happy to own MSDN right now :D Windows 9 Consumer Preview (Sep. 30) and now Office 2016 #swoon

Looks the same except with a darker UI

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

This will be free for Office 365 subscribers. :)

Quick note, it still supports dark gray, light gray, and white color schemes in addition to the very dark one in the screenshots.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

How the hell does these things get " Leaked "so easily? publicity stunt from the Original vendors maybe? almost everything new & upcoming is being leaked nowadays... :mellow:

Details separate people.

Still think office being subscription based is fucking stupid. But hey, I have Office 2007 so, idc.

EDIT - Jesus fucking christ. I knew 365 was sub based, but i didn't know it was £8 month (and that's just for the home edition), Netflix is cheaper than Office 365. I though it'd be £5/month max. How they get away with it, i'll never know.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Libre is king.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Looks like something Apple would make, oh wait if it's not Apple and it's nice ya'll won't hate.

like it

There's these things called Google Docs and LibreOffice now. :D

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844

Unneccessary.

Please fix Office for Mac. It's been shit since 2011.

Maybe get a windows PC? cheaper and better performing

*prepares mentally for avalanche of hatred*

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Mad.

Macs are fine for productivity, Windows absolutely blows, the only reason I have it is because games support it.

Since i am currently working on an imac i can say productivity is ass backwards and bad. 2 giant ass screens and i still get more done on my windows machine with a single hd screen.

How the hell does these things get " Leaked "so easily? publicity stunt from the Original vendors maybe? almost everything new & upcoming is being leaked nowadays... :mellow:

Microsoft stuff tends to get leaked because they will send copies to OEMs like Dell, HP, and other business partners (so they can test the new software for compatibility and whatnot), and rogue employees at those OEMs (where security may be less strict than at Microsoft itself) will leak it.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Did they get some one who worked at adobe to design it (this is a good thing)

I'm using SoftMaker Office Std 2012 and will probably upgrade to SoftMaker Office Pro 2015 when it's released, I stopped feeding Microsoft back in 2009 I think...

Windows 10 Pro x64 with Open Shell

Vivaldi x64, HWInfo64, Macrium Reflect Free, SoftMaker Office, XYplorer pro

Looks a lot like office 13...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

EDIT - Jesus fucking christ. I knew 365 was sub based, but i didn't know it was £8 month (and that's just for the home edition), Netflix is cheaper than Office 365. I though it'd be £5/month max. How they get away with it, i'll never know.

99$ per year, and it is for 5 PC's AND 5 devices (Android and iOS), and you have every Office software with 1TB OneDrive. Getting 1TB from anywhere else is about the same price as Office 365 Home, so its definitely interesting. Not mention significantly cheaper than normal Office. Assuming you keep Office for 3 years, Office 365 will cost you 300$ and for 5 PC and 5 devices as mentioned, while Office normal is 400$ PER PC, no device support.

I think you can do the math. Not to mention that Office normal you are still using that version, while Office 365 you'll getting this newer version automatically and further versions.

99$ per year, and it is for 5 PC's AND 5 devices (Android and iOS), and you have every Office software with 1TB OneDrive. Getting 1TB from anywhere else is about the same price as Office 365 Home, so its definitely interesting. Not mention significantly cheaper than normal Office. Assuming you keep Office for 3 years, Office 365 will cost you 300$ and for 5 PC and 5 devices as mentioned, while Office normal is 400$ PER PC, no device support.

I think you can do the math.

Office 2007 small business is £200, you get Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Publisher and Outlook. You keep it indefinitely, you have all of the applications you need. 

It's obvious that i'm not the person 365 is targeted at, i rarely need any office applications. LibreOffice or OpenOffice would probably be fine for me, but I got the small buisness edition for free because my grandad's workplace bought too many and for some reason they let me have one.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

hmm i like the look of it

My PC specs are CPU: 6700k @4.7Ghz Ram: 16GB Corsair RGB Pro GPU: RTX 2070  PSU: RM650 CPU cooler: corsair H150 Case: corsair Motherboard: ASUS Z270 Pro SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 EVOand SK Hynix 1TB