Apple announces record 4 million preorders for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in first 24 hours

I have to hear the thought process that led to you thinking you contributed at all to the conversation.

People liked the new phones and bought them. 

people(sheep) spend their money with no regards to reason or logic every year...

people(sheep) spend their money with no regards to reason or logic every year...

I would say there are many many people here who spend illogical amount of money on their computers...

but then again, this is our hobby and life, sometimes work too.

We can agree that many many people from there did not needed a new iPhone, but then again, we have many fanboys here too, and it happened to everyone that they bought something as it was hyped.

Consumers make decisions based on value, both physical and intrinsic. Such value could be added through restrictions on what phones your office supports, what applications you want to have, the shape and aesthetic, the cohesiveness between your phone's OS and your computer's OS, your valuation of social status and marketing of the phone, etc...

While they may not hold the same value for you, they are just as valid rationale for any consumer to base their purchases on. It's how the entire economy works and has always worked under capitalism and to say otherwise shows a severe lack of understanding outside of your blatant bias against Apple and its customers. 

Have a fantastic day.

Except for mine :'( which has been cancelled due to Phones4U going into administration 

Wait what? I have a phone contract with them currently  :( what happens to that?

----

I dislike Apple as a company, Personally Jobs was a asshole on all levels. But I do see the charm in Iphones they look good and are very simple. But saying that I will stick to the Android platform as I don't like being "locked in" to my software and I love to play/mod.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I think iPhone 6 was made only because it makes the 6+ seem more sensible. Just like what 5C was for 5S. 5C never sold as good as 5S and I've heard many people saying that you get more for your money with 5S. Now with iPhone 6 and 6+, many people think the same thing. Not worth buying the 6 and go straight for the 6+, not realizing they are spending even more from their iPhone than before.

I'm not criticizing, just an observation.

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

It's funny how people like to give critics such as "sheeps" to apple buyers.

Those same people follow the trend with thousand of others by saying "sheeps", I guess that makes them sheeps aswell.

I never had an Iphone, I have an Android phone and an Ipad. To be honest, my Ipad works great since more than a year, and my phone start to be annoying already after only few month. That's all I can say.

I spent more than 2800Euyros for my new computer just recently, to play what?? CSGO. Well, I don't give a fuck what people think, that's my little gift.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

I think iPhone 6 was made only because it makes the 6+ seem more sensible. Just like what 5C was for 5S. 5C never sold as good as 5S and I've heard many people saying that you get more for your money with 5S. Now with iPhone 6 and 6+, many people think the same thing. Not worth buying the 6 and go straight for the 6+, not realizing they are spending even more from their iPhone than before.

I'm not criticizing, just an observation.

Umm no. A FHD and OIS won't make me spend $100 extra especially when its much more inconvenient to carry. There are still so many people in this very forum complaining about the bigger screen in the iPhone 6

With the 5C and the 5S, you were getting a metal design, A7 64-bit processor, truetone flash with improved sensor which had capabilities like burst shots and slo mo, Touch ID, thinner and the lighter design, etc all for just a $100 extra

Umm no. A FHD and OIS won't make me spend $100 extra especially when its much more inconvenient to carry. There are still so many people in this very forum complaining about the bigger screen in the iPhone 6

With the 5C and the 5S, you were getting a metal design, A7 64-bit processor, truetone flash with improved sensor which had capabilities like burst shots and slo mo, Touch ID, thinner and the lighter design, etc all for just a $100 extra

Well, let's see. Once iPhone 6 and 6+ has been released and they have been available for some time, then we should be able to see which model has sold more.

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

Wait what? I have a phone contract with them currently  :( what happens to that?

----

I dislike Apple as a company, Personally Jobs was a asshole on all levels. But I do see the charm in Iphones they look good and are very simple. But saying that I will stick to the Android platform as I don't like being "locked in" to my software and I love to play/mod.

Noting as your contract is not with Phones4U but with the network you are operating on!

Jobs certainly was a character, but some of his speeches I genuinely  find inspirational and I have always enjoyed their products, they are fantastic for me!

Android is ok, but I find it overly complex, its more like using a PC, where as I prefer the more simplistic iOS. I would not really called it "locked in" any more than an Android user is "locked in" to google services

I find the system easy simple and fast, the products well buillt, I enjoy how they work together, and the great app store, until this stops being the case I will always use an Apple device as my daily driver

I own android devices, but I use them more like toys/gadgets than as workhorses, I mean I did an OTA update on my Nvidia Shield today and It bricked it... AGAIN

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

so 4 millions people are just going off of faith that it will be good? I know, it's not the same as pre-ordering games, but i would at least watch a review before buying something like a phone, something that stays with you for 4-5 years of your life.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Noting as your contract is not with Phones4U but with the network you are operating on!

Jobs certainly was a character, but some of his speeches I genuinely  find inspirational and I have always enjoyed their products, they are fantastic for me!

Android is ok, but I find it overly complex, its more like using a PC, where as I prefer the more simplistic iOS. I would not really called it "locked in" any more than an Android user is "locked in" to google services

I find the system easy simple and fast, the products well buillt, I enjoy how they work together, and the great app store, until this stops being the case I will always use an Apple device as my daily driver

I own android devices, but I use them more like toys/gadgets than as workhorses, I mean I did an OTA update on my Nvidia Shield today and It bricked it... AGAIN

Actually, if you read the article at Anandtech about  his change from PC to MAC. He said exactly that you can change a lot of things and do a lot more than the overall idea that people have about it, which is a close environment with restricted possibilities.

I am also an owner of an Android phone, for now, I am not that please with it. It works slower, more bugs than my 2 years old Ipad, which work as knew!

It made me think

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

im happy for the people that are getting it, it doesnt effect me, ill stay with android as I hate itunes with a passion, i dont ever want to have to install that pathetic waste of space ever again.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

They are always setting records. So no surprise. I know tons of people pre-ordering the 6/6plus, even though they currently have the iPhone 5s. So, yeah.

Actually, if you read the article at Anandtech about  his change from PC to MAC. He said exactly that you can change a lot of things and do a lot more than the overall idea that people have about it, which is a close environment with restricted possibilities.

I am also an owner of an Android phone, for now, I am not that please with it. It works slower, more bugs than my 2 years old Ipad, which work as knew!

It made me think

Mac is completely differnet from iOS

OSX is basically as open as Windows is, you can pretty much do what you want, with any software and change anything.

iOS is pretty restrictive but I enjoy the OS and experience, its smooth simple and easy just how I want it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

OSX is basically as open as Windows is, you can pretty much do what you want, with any software and change anything.

iOS is pretty restrictive but I enjoy the OS and experience, its smooth simple and easy just how I want it

Jailbreak it. Problem solved.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Can't wait for iPhone 6+. iOS is so much more tighter and in control when compared to my Note 2 with apps always crashing and all these poop

Main System - 2016 13"nTB MBP 256GB

Gaming Rig - 4790K, 16GB RAM, 1080Ti
Monitor - Dell 25" U2515H

K/B & M - Ducky One TKL, Logitech MX Master & G900

Audio - JDS Labs The Element, Aktimate Mini B+, Krix Seismix 3 Mk6, Ultrasone Pro 900

Dumbass Apple customers, I can respect fans who just like Apple as long as they don't have an "Apple Superiority Complex" but I can't forgive people who buy thinking its the best and are either ignorant or mislead other people to buy

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Dumbass Apple customers, I can respect fans who just like Apple as long as they don't have an "Apple Superiority Complex" but I can't forgive people who buy thinking its the best and are either ignorant or mislead other people to buy

You went straw man and ad hominem in the same sentence, nice! I can say the same about any fanboy of any phone too, its just easy to pick on Apple cause they do it the best. 

Did it ever occur to you that people have such good/great experiences that they are willing to preorder like this without trying first? Maybe they just get sucked into the successful hype? A myriad of reasons, none of which you address. 

Dumbass Apple haters, I can respect fans who don't like Apple so long as they don't have a "Apple Sucks Balls Complex", but I can't forgive people who shit on Apple by thinking they are the worst, and are either ignorant or mislead other people to hate as well with flawed arguments and loaded statements. 

See? Thats what you sound like. A pompous ass. Who people will just ignore. 

Agreed, but while OSX is a great system, Macbooks themselves are in my opinion the biggest case of "milking" that  apple has ever done. You can make a case why an IPhone costs what an iphone costs. Its actually a really high quality phone with high quality components...add to that design, R/D and so on.

But Macbooks are just so terribly overpriced and overhyped to a degree that is actually hurtful to those consumers who are buying the crap apple has fed them.

Its completely acceptable to prefer OSX over anything else...I can even understand that argument. But the problem is that people have been conned to such a degree that they believe things that just aren't true. I will never forget meeting a designer who said that it was impossible to be a graphical designer with a MacBook. I asked him why and was anticipating an answer like "Everybody else uses them, so its easier" or that there was some app that was OSX exclusive but he then went over to claim that no other computer would have strong enough hardware to run his program and I broke down laughing.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

OS X is more open than Windows in all definitions of the term.

Also iOS is completely OS X underneath Springboard UI.

Agreed, but while OSX is a great system, Macbooks themselves are in my opinion the biggest case of "milking" that  apple has ever done. You can make a case why an IPhone costs what an iphone costs. Its actually a really high quality phone with high quality components...add to that design, R/D and so on.

But Macbooks are just so terribly overpriced and overhyped to a degree that is actually hurtful to those consumers who are buying the crap apple has fed them.

There's a what, 20+ page thread on this topic? Please get your facts straight people, we've been over this so many times it's just getting tiresome at this juncture.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Not surprising, loads of people were begging for a bigger screen and they got it.

The blind anti-apple butthurt is real on LTT. I love it. It really shows how low the intelligence level is on here. 

I wanted a bigger screen. Idk if I want to upgrade. If I did I would have to pay a lot right now so I'm just going to wait. 

I pre-ordered the iPhone 6 even though I was slightly underwhelmed by the design.

Usually Apple products look even better in person so hopefully I'll get over those antennae breaks. If not I can always return it. 

I just wish Apple would go back to using stainless steel!

The blind anti-apple butthurt is real on LTT. I love it. It really shows how low the intelligence level is on here. 

I wanted a bigger screen. Idk if I want to upgrade. If I did I would have to pay a lot right now so I'm just going to wait.

More the average age on this forum is rather low. Preteen and teenage nerds are the worst because of how close minded they tend to be. If one of their idols (MKBHD, or Linus for example) says something most believe it without question.

I was a close minded nerd once too. I rooted and flashed my phones for days and mocked iphones and Apple products any chance I got until I actually used one.