Apple announces record 4 million preorders for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in first 24 hours

Jailbreak it. Problem solved.

What problem.... I like iOS as it is, I think its wonderful

Agreed, but while OSX is a great system, Macbooks themselves are in my opinion the biggest case of "milking" that  apple has ever done.

You can make a case why an IPhone costs what an iphone costs. Its actually a really high quality phone with high quality components...add to that design, R/D and so on.

But Macbooks are just so terribly overpriced and overhyped to a degree that is actually hurtful to those consumers who are buying the crap apple has fed them.

Its completely acceptable to prefer OSX over anything else...I can even understand that argument. But the problem is that people have been conned to such a degree that they believe things that just aren't true. I will never forget meeting a designer who said that it was impossible to be a graphical designer with a MacBook. I asked him why and was anticipating an answer like "Everybody else uses them, so its easier" or that there was some app that was OSX exclusive but he then went over to claim that no other computer would have strong enough hardware to run his program and I broke down laughing.

What why can you judge the iPhone differently to the macbook. If you are saying the macbook is overpriced then the iPhone is overpriced by the same extent, hence everyone comparing the specs to a 2012 nexus device... when in reality the iPhone 6 will have an amazing display, amazing camera, new super fast processor, and lots more, still in a beautiful package

I disagree about macbooks being overpriced, the mac book air, is well in-line price wise with other ultrabooks of similar build quality and performance, and even has a few features like thunderbolt that are fantastic

Same as the rMBP, find me another laptop as thin, light well build an powerful, with a sceen as high resolution as the rMBP for any less money, they are extremely well priced. they are expensive, yes but not overpriced, those are two very different concepts.

You have a point about people blindly following OSX as some miracle, instead of just a good OS. But that is the case with any none-techie, who have almost no idea about computers, so they buy into the marketing. I am all too well aware of the general public perception of different product brands, I worked in computer retail for nearly 8 years!. People would be like "oh I like acer but not packard bell.... I would tell them its the same company and they would tell me I am an idiot"

Basically 99% of the people I know who use are Apple are perfectly normal people, who do not fanboy over anything, all of them I know closely (except one) all have custom build gaming PCs, yet use macbooks and iPhones. I am a similar way, I keep windows and tinkering and gaming for the purpose built machine. I keep my workhorse as the Apple products because I like the eco-system, the syncing, the build quality and performance and arguably the simplicity and experience that comes with apple products.

Seriously though, there is nothing overpriced about them. Things can be expensive without being overpriced.

here.. 15" macbook pro, 2800x1800 display, 8gb ram, i7 quad core, nvidia 750m+iris pro, full aluminium chassis, 2k weight, thunderbolt, SD card, USB 3,  9 hours battery life .

If you can find a laptop with those specs for less money I would be quite impressed

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Holy shit that's a lot of preorders but then again it should be expected it's a new iPhone

Why the f*ck do people keep buying this shit. It's like COD, people keep buying it just because it's COD.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

@ShadowCaptain you mean this device?

Yeah, that stupid picture

Why the f*ck do people keep buying this shit. It's like COD, people keep buying it just because it's COD.

I am getting one because my 2 year contract is up, so I might aswell get a new phone

New toys make me happy

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I am getting one because my 2 year contract is up, so I might aswell get a new phone

New toys make me happy

Will there be a review on your channel?

Yep that sums things up nicely

Will there be a review on your channel?

Well my pre-order was cancelled because the company went into administration, so it might take a while

I am going away for 3 weeks near the end of this month ><

Well my pre-order was cancelled because the company went into administration, so it might take a while

I am going away for 3 weeks near the end of this money

Ok that sucks and end of this money O.o

Ok that sucks and end of this money O.o

Month >< I am half asleep at work

Month >< I am half asleep at work

Ok fair enough

Lol. When an android phone can go 3 months without needing to be formatted due to lag and other issues, I'll think about going back to android. Until then, I'll stick to what's stable and works without rebooting every day.

Fair call I want another iPhone

New toys make me happy

It's all your fault. You need to take a stance on this crap and just say no. It's like pre-orders people just need to say no I am no longer taking this shit. It's bad for the industry and you will all see when everything turns to shit. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It's all your fault.

I know right

I also do heroin, kill kittens and love Hitler but oh well

I know right

I also do heroin, kill kittens and love Hitler but oh well

Damn you! Damn you all to hell!

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Very tempted by the 6 Plus, but I just recently got my OnePlus. Must resist the tech bug!

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

What problem.... I like iOS as it is, I think its wonderful

What why can you judge the iPhone differently to the macbook. If you are saying the macbook is overpriced then the iPhone is overpriced by the same extent, hence everyone comparing the specs to a 2012 nexus device... when in reality the iPhone 6 will have an amazing display, amazing camera, new super fast processor, and lots more, still in a beautiful package

I disagree about macbooks being overpriced, the mac book air, is well in-line price wise with other ultrabooks of similar build quality and performance, and even has a few features like thunderbolt that are fantastic

Same as the rMBP, find me another laptop as thin, light well build an powerful, with a sceen as high resolution as the rMBP for any less money, they are extremely well priced. they are expensive, yes but not overpriced, those are two very different concepts.

You have a point about people blindly following OSX as some miracle, instead of just a good OS. But that is the case with any none-techie, who have almost no idea about computers, so they buy into the marketing. I am all too well aware of the general public perception of different product brands, I worked in computer retail for nearly 8 years!. People would be like "oh I like acer but not packard bell.... I would tell them its the same company and they would tell me I am an idiot"

Basically 99% of the people I know who use are Apple are perfectly normal people, who do not fanboy over anything, all of them I know closely (except one) all have custom build gaming PCs, yet use macbooks and iPhones. I am a similar way, I keep windows and tinkering and gaming for the purpose built machine. I keep my workhorse as the Apple products because I like the eco-system, the syncing, the build quality and performance and arguably the simplicity and experience that comes with apple products.

Seriously though, there is nothing overpriced about them. Things can be expensive without being overpriced.

here.. 15" macbook pro, 2800x1800 display, 8gb ram, i7 quad core, nvidia 750m+iris pro, full aluminium chassis, 2k weight, thunderbolt, SD card, USB 3,  9 hours battery life .

If you can find a laptop with those specs for less money I would be quite impressed

2,399.99 dollars isn't a hard price to beat and that macbook pro you mention costs that.....2399! All the cheaper laptops have shit hardware. I feel like the Iphone is fairer priced after all.

I won't find somethig that is exactly the same, because there will always be something that is different. So I will find something is always half the price.

"

ASUS ROG G750 Series G750JM-DS71 Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz) 12GB Memory 1TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 17.3" Windows 8.1 64-Bit Republic of Gamers, 4th Gen Intel i7 CPU, NVIDIA GTX 860M, Full HD

In stock.

Have product questions?
  • Republic of Gamers
  • Intel Core i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
  • 12GB Memory 1TB HDD
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
  • 1920 x 1080
  • Windows 8.1 6"

That right there costs 1349 dollars on newegg today. 1000 dollars less. There are things where the far more expensive macbook is better and there are several where the ROG is better. And this was just the first laptop I found on newegg. There are a lot who are far cheaper and just as good...It would be less if it was not ROG.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

ASUS ROG G750 Series G750JM-DS71 
  • Intel Core i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz) -
  • 12GB Memory 1TB HDD
  • 1920 x 1080
  • Windows 8.1 6"

That right there costs 1349 dollars on newegg today. 1000 dollars less. There are things where the far more expensive macbook is better and there are several where the ROG is better. And this was just the first laptop I found on newegg. There are a lot who are far cheaper and just as good...It would be less if it was not ROG.

That is not a comparable laptop at all!, I said a comparible laptop giving me the features that the macbook pro has

That asus is better at gaming with its slightly better GPU, but its fat, heavy, plastic build quality, worse screen, and worse battery life Sure its $1000 cheaper but those are the sacrifices you make to save money

Asus VS Apple

4.5kg vs 2.02kb

2" thick vs 0.71" thick

Plastic vs full metal contruction

17" 1080p vs 15" 2800x1800

mechanical drive vs PCI-E 900mbs SSD

3.5 hours vs 9 hours

I did not say that there is nothing better than the macbook, I said nothing else offers what the macbook offers for less money

Maybe something like the 15" GS60 Ghost, but its not THAT much cheaper

2,399.99 dollars isn't a hard price to beat and that macbook pro you mention costs that.....2399! All the cheaper laptops have shit hardware. I feel like the Iphone is fairer priced after all.

I won't find somethig that is exactly the same, because there will always be something that is different. So I will find something is always half the price.

"

ASUS ROG G750 Series G750JM-DS71 Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz) 12GB Memory 1TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 17.3" Windows 8.1 64-Bit Republic of Gamers, 4th Gen Intel i7 CPU, NVIDIA GTX 860M, Full HD

In stock.

Have product questions?
  • Republic of Gamers
  • Intel Core i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
  • 12GB Memory 1TB HDD
  • 1920 x 1080
  • Windows 8.1 6"

"Industrial design does cost money" - Linus in WAN show

rMBP is much more good looking and helluva lot thinner than the ROG you linked above. Its also only FHD. Also things like battery life, weight, PCIe based SSDs, materials used are all much superior on the rMBP when compared to your ROG

Plus apple has a lot more expense like supporting OS X and their productivity and content creating apps. All these reasons are enough to justify their pricing. Compare something similar like razer blade 14 to it and you wont find Macs overpriced

That is not a comparable laptop at all!, I said a comparible laptop giving me the features that the macbook pro has

That asus is better at gaming with its slightly better GPU, but its fat, heavy, plastic build quality, worse screen, and worse battery life Sure its $1000 cheaper but those are the sacrifices you make to save money

Asus VS Apple

4.5kg vs 2.02kb

2" thick vs 0.71" thick

Plastic vs full metal contruction

17" 1080p vs 15" 2800x1800

mechanical drive vs PCI-E 900mbs SSD

3.5 hours vs 9 hours

I did not say that there is nothing better than the macbook, I said nothing else offers what the macbook offers for less money

Maybe something like the 15" GS60 Ghost, but its not THAT much cheaper

This. 

I think people have a tough time understanding "expensive" v "overpriced" 

The rMBP and Blade 14 are EXPENSIVE as balls. Not overpriced. Both are built to outstanding levels of quality with some seriously decent hardware and while I can't speak to Razer, Apple backs their machines with some of the best post-sale support in the industry. ID is not cheap to have, using all aluminum is not cheap. Laptops this thing are not cheap. Nothing about these laptops really says "cheap". 

To me, blowing this much on a 15" rMBP wasn't much of a stretch. I got a good, no, great 4.5 years out of my 17" MBP and while I did consider the Blade 14 I knew I couldn't go back to the shitty plastic construction and ungodly thick and unwieldy laptops. The 17" spoiled with how sturdy and svelte it was. With laptops like the Blade 14 and rMBP, you get to have your cake and eat it to. You just have to pay that substantial premium to get a laptop that not only packs a punch but is exceptionally portable and easy to use on a daily basis. 

Different strokes for different folks and all, and maybe because I've bought laptops of this calibre twice now, but the last thing I'd call them is overpriced. 

This is the BEST way to have a portable system that is no slouch in the firepower department yet doesn't look like a complete sack of crap. And that matters to a lot of consumers. Innards and benchmarks are as important as lightness, thinness and design. 

SNIP

This is the BEST way to have a portable system that is no slouch in the firepower department yet doesn't look like a complete sack of crap. And that matters to a lot of consumers. Innards and benchmarks are as important as lightness, thinness and design. 

Could not have said it better myself

People seem to only consider performance when looking at products. 

Take 2  Made up laptops, they both have the same CPU, GPU, Screen resolution etc etc etc, both at 15"... one is £1000 and weighs 2kg, the other is half as thick, and weighs only 1kg, but is £1500...., is that laptop overpriced? or is £500 worth it, to carry half as much weight, personally you CAN put a price on these kinds of things

Having a metal body, or having a PCI SSD, having thunderbolt, having a better GPU, having a better screen resolution, blah blah etc etc are worth money to some people, if you are happy to carry a thick plastic 17" laptop around for the ultimate power, AWESOME you will pay less money and have better performance, but for ME I cannot sacrifice the weight and battery life... if that costs me half as much again, or even twice as much , I will happily pay that price

This is the premium market, and how it works. They charge more because their machine fills a niche not available through other products, like my M18x, it was expensive but it has dual gpus and an 18.4" screen.... nothing else has that option..was it expensive..  YES, but since there was no other alternative, that was the price to pay, to have those specific features

Could not have said it better myself

Take 2  Made up laptops, they both have the same CPU, GPU, Screen resolution etc etc etc, both at 15"... one is £1000 and weighs 2kg, the other is half as thick, and weighs only 1kg, but is £1500...., is that laptop overpriced? or is £500 worth it, to carry half as much weight, personally you CAN put a price on these kinds of things

Having a metal body, or having a PCI SSD, having thunderbolt, having a better GPU, having a better screen resolution, blah blah etc etc are worth money to some people, if you are happy to carry a thick plastic 17" laptop around for the ultimate power, AWESOME you will pay less money and have better performance, but for ME I cannot sacrifice the weight and battery life... if that costs me half as much again, or even twice as much , I will happily pay that price

This is the premium market, and how it works. They charge more because their machine fills a niche not available through other products, like my M18x, it was expensive but it has dual gpus and an 18.4" screen.... nothing else has that option..was it expensive..  YES, but since there was no other alternative, that was the price to pay, to have those specific features

I find that many people in this type of forum get so used to evaluating desktop components primarily on price vs performance that they just end up doing the same thing with all other types on computing devices.

putting extreme emphasis on specs is part of the PC Master Race Culture, you find lots of that on these forums.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch