Apple announces record 4 million preorders for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in first 24 hours

iphone6p-select-2014.png?w=427&h=546

Apple has just announced that preorders for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus have topped all previously set records, achieving 4 million sales in the first twenty-four hours. In the press release, Cook said he is thrilled that customers love them “as much as we do”.

Apple® today announced a record number of first day pre-orders of iPhone® 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, the biggest advancements in iPhone history, with over four million in the first 24 hours. Demand for the new iPhones exceeds the initial pre-order supply and while a significant amount will be delivered to customers beginning on Friday and throughout September, many iPhone pre-orders are scheduled to be delivered in October.

Although the iPhone 5s did not have preorders at all last year, for comparison, Apple sold 9 million iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c’s in their opening weekend. 4 million is a massive number, easily beating previous preorder numbers. The iPhone 5 managed 2 million pre orders in 24 hours back in 2012.

Apple had already said that the phones had set overnight sales records on Friday, but now we have firm (good) numbers to back up this statement. The two phones, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, go on public sale on the 19th of September. Customers looking to buy online today face waiting periods spanning 7 days to 4 weeks.

Source: http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/15/apple-announces-record-4-million-preorders-for-iphone-6-and-iphone-6-plus-in-first-24-hours/

Woah that's a lot. I expected an increase cos of the option of a larger iPhone but still.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Except for mine :'( which has been cancelled due to Phones4U going into administration 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I am guessing a lot of android users went for the larger iPhone. One of the main things which a couple of my friends hated about the iPhone, is that it was small.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

I honestly was surprised by how much interest there was in my friend and work circles over the phablet version. Good for Apple for seeing that I guess

:( 

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

like sheep to the slaughter

no need for mocking

anyway, they do set records every year, this should come as no surprise

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

like sheep to the slaughter

I have to hear the thought process that led to you thinking you contributed at all to the conversation.

People liked the new phones and bought them. 

So the phone craze in some parts of the world is still going strong.  Idiotic.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I think I will pre-order my iPhone 6 soon, it should be a decent phone.

you'll be waiting for weeks...

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Pre-ordering anything is dumb but it is especially dumb for stuff like phones and consoles.

It's not like you pay less for it and what are you afraid of, Apple running out of phones to sell? Oh no, you might have wait for a week...

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

To put this into perspective:

4 million phones X the bare minimum 600 off contract purchase price (its actually 750, but I'm being a lowballer right now) = 2.4 billion in sales. 

Sure, a lot of these are going to be the 200-400 contract purchases, but Apple still gets their hilarious price from the resellers and carriers. In other words, Apple made more billions off preorders than most companies make period. 

And you all wonder why companies want to be like Apple. To have Apples marketing insanity and even insaner cult following. Cause that shit brings in $$$ and makes the shareholders GIDDY at the thought of dividends and increased share prices and maybe a few yachts cause they made so much money. 

To put this into perspective:

4 million phones X the bare minimum 600 off contract purchase price (its actually 750, but I'm being a lowballer right now) = 2.4 billion in sales. 

Sure, a lot of these are going to be the 200-400 contract purchases, but Apple still gets their hilarious price from the resellers and carriers. In other words, Apple made more billions off preorders than most companies make period. 

And you all wonder why companies want to be like Apple. To have Apples marketing insanity and even insaner cult following. Cause that shit brings in $$$ and makes the shareholders GIDDY at the thought of dividends and increased share prices and maybe a few yachts cause they made so much money. 

Last I heard, Apple doesn't pay out any dividends... Part of the reason the company has so much cash in the bank.

Last I heard, Apple doesn't pay out any dividends... Part of the reason the company has so much cash in the bank.

Apple didn't declare any dividends between 1995 and 2012. Since 2012 they have been declaring dividends though. 

Apple didn't declare any dividends between 1995 and 2012. Since 2012 they have been declaring dividends though. 

Oh, I see... well I've been out of that loop for a while then. :P

~ $3 billion (low ball estimate) in revenue is nice. A few years ago, the iPhone business had over 54% profit margins, if that is still true today then their profits for a single day are simply out of this world.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

So the phone craze in some parts of the world is still going strong.  Idiotic.

be prepared, it's only getting worse each year, believe it or not.

and thus the apple marketing machine has worked,

well, that's a thing they always do good, was looking at a sleeve for my MBP recently, this stood in the description: "with double zipper closing so that you are able to charge your macbook while keeping it protected."

When i read that i was like, damn, that is invovative, 1 day later i realized nearly everything has such a thing xD they are truelly smart on that section.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

you'll be waiting for weeks...

I will probably end up just waiting until it comes out, I'm not really desperate for a new phone.

As a nexus user, I'm really tempted to dive into Apple's ecosystem and see what they're like. Especially with the larger screen although I suspect it will be a while until app developers can really use the screen real estate. 

720P on a 4.7" is a disappointment though, I'd have opted for a slightly ticker iPhone with 1080P screen and larger battery. 

On the other hand, we have the new moto X which is so awesome i jizz my pants thinking of it everytime.

I am guessing a lot of android users went for the larger iPhone. One of the main things which a couple of my friends hated about the iPhone, is that it was small.

ill be moving to the 6S next year when my contracts up, i got my S4 because the iphone was to small x3

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015