Reasons people don't like iPhones

legend8887

I'm getting my first smartphone tomorrow, Android or iOS. I don't discriminate. Best one for $200 on contract. AT&T. As I looked at phones I noticed just how much better other phone's specs were compared to iPhones. Is this why people usually don't like Apple?

Because they are overpriced and they never really invent anything or bring anything new to the world... they just sometimes do it better then everyone else... sometimes.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

If you buy anything from apple, most of the cost goes to the logo on the back.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i have an iphone, yeh its cool and all and it gets the job + its rather fast and stuff BUT im dying to get the one m8, just seems like an all around better spec for spec phone.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I have had an iphone 5 since June 2012 according to apple which doesn't make sense to me considering they came out in september of that year. But anyway my experience is not great. The OS is too clunky for me. It has hardware issues and apple refuses to fix it. Really makes me mad. I will hopefully get rid of it next June and get a M8.  

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

You can get something better for way cheaper, again, they're overpriced, I've had a 4S and the warranty was 2 years, exactly after 2 years the speaker started bugging and the phone lagging, etc.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

How dare you? :P The only thing Apple can not be critisized about is the UI. I mean damn!

It just feels weird to use, and not very smooth no matter how fluid I know the phone really is.

I read the title as "reasonable people don't like iPhones" and prepared myself for a phone war..... I'm kind of disappointed now.

Anyway, many people don't like apple's policies when it comes to manufacturing their products (foxconn, etc.) and the fact that they want you to stay in the apple eco-system for most things. Even if you want an iPhone, the fact that some features only work really well with other apple devices could be a turn-off for some people. Of course apple products are more expensive for the hardware you actually get, so that's something that power users probably won't like. Some people just don't like IOS and they prefer Android over it, and some people don't like the aesthetics of the iPhone. There are a million reasons to not like iPhones, just like there are a million reasons to not like android phones. It all comes down to preference.

I hate it cause of iTunes mainly, it has to sync everytime, all I want is to drag and drop music etc, I don';t want it to have to load, and etc

I hate iPhones because of threads like this /joke

It's the locked-down ecosystem... Sure it works but I hate the fact that it's locked down... I had the (mis)fortune of doing actual work with the Apple ecosystem and let's just say that having to go through 2 management programs just to manage an ebook library (and keep it to the standards of actual libraries) is too big of a hassle...

They don't have dedicated back and menu buttons.... >.>

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Why I don't like iPhones.

1. Few options for actual phones plus I not that into the designs.

2. I hate flipping through pages of apps.

3. I don't really like how certain things are set up which makes it seem cumbersome sometimes.

4. Don't really like the UI

5. They only have one menu button that wears out. I'd like some other buttons.

6. I don't own apple products. I never really liked them in comparison to other stuff on the market. Mostly the software and how locked down they are. They have made good hardware in the past but I still wouldn't use it especially cuz of the price.

I'd personally would enjoy android more but there are some issues I have with the ui/os to but to me its a much needed breath Of fresh air.

Here is the thing. It's all about preference. People have gotten annoyed using IOS and also using android or windows phone. The opposite has also happened. People have really like each one as well.

I personally enjoy the UI of windows phone most but they need to catch up in features and come out with something really competitive. I hope the next windows phone OS does that.

-snip-

I'd personally would enjoy android more but there are some issues I have with the ui/os to but to me its a much needed breath Of fresh air.

-snip-

Try using SmartLauncher on your android phone if you're a fan of the minimalist style... It's really nice and you can get to most of your stuff in 1-3 actions...

Why I don't like the current state of iPhones:

- The pricing. They are very overpriced.

- The UI. It's a mixed feeling actually. It's childish but consistent across platform and ecosystem.

- The OS. Again a mixed feeling. They "borrowed" some features from Android in iOS 8 and say Android is cancer.http://i.imgur.com/74fQN.jpg . Also, I don't like how closed iOS is.

- The company as a whole. I appreciate what they did back in 2007 and 2010 till iPhone 4. After the i4, the company claims to do innovations, but is not doing any innovations. I do appreciate Apple's past glory, but there current Apple ain't magnificent.

I do own an iPad 3. The only reason I bought it was the ecosystem. But I feel like the Android ecosystem will improve with Android L.

I read the title as "reasonable people don't like iPhones" and prepared myself for a phone war..... I'm kind of disappointed now.

This is Linus Tech Tips forums, not YouTube :)

Besides iphones being more expensive and I don't make to get trapped in the apple ecosystem. I could never go IOS because of the apps. Android has a more robust selection of Apps. If you want a app that does something special, it is probably on the play store. As for Apple it feels that there are less apps and the ones you want cost money. Lastly as a developer, it is just easier and cheaper to develop Android apps. I haven't even attempted developing an app for the iphone because it would require me to buy an Apple laptop or desktop. Whereas Android I can make an app on my nexus 7 or even on my HTC One, and I can't make an app right on my ipad.  

Try using SmartLauncher on your android phone if you're a fan of the minimalist style... It's really nice and you can get to most of your stuff in 1-3 actions...

Which is another thing that is nice about android. OEM and you can change how certain things work.

I dont hate just when people act like their iphones are better than our android phones is when it gets annoying, im fine if you tell me iphones are easier to use and all that but dont tell me they are better.

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP