i5-4690k vs 8350 in Rendering?

So I've sort of asked this question before (awhile ago though lol) and I don't believe I ever got a straight answer. Some said the 8350 and others said the i5. 

I've seen a decent amount of benchmarks showing the i5 DOES beat the 8350 in just about everything besides live streaming. This true? 

Can someone show me some unbiased benchmarks? 

the 8350 does perform better in multithreaded applications

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Hi, I dont know. Best would be test them in the real world performance (to try actualy render with them and compare).

But if you are planing on getting new CPU for rendering and you cant decite betwen i5 4690k or FX8350 then you may try to look on Xeon E3-1231 which cost almost the same as i5 4690k but will be very close with rendering performance to i7 4790k.

Hi, I dont know. Best would be test them in the real world performance (to try actualy render with them and compare).

But if you are planing on getting new CPU for rendering and you cant decite betwen i5 4690k or FX8350 then you may try to look on Xeon E3-1231 which cost almost the same as i5 4690k but will be very close with rendering performance to i7 4790k.

I know about that one, though I feel like if I decide to upgrade to Broadwell's i7 in the future, it won't really be worth it even for a small performance gain. 

I would say that the i5 is stronger but since neither has hyperthreading it really doesn't make much of a difference. The i5 has fewer but stronger cores. Overall it's more about AMD vs. Intel than the merits of each chip as they are that close.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

8350 but i would recommend going with one of the new amd 8370's because they supposedly overlock further due to cherry picking and manufacturing refinments

look at jaz two cents video about how his upgrade from the 8350 to the 3770k and i7 was a waste of money

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

look at jaz two cents video about how his upgrade from the 8350 to the 3770k and i7 was a waste of money

No, that is wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHQqpIEw7jk#t=405

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

8350 but i would recommend going with one of the new amd 8370's because they supposedly overlock further due to cherry picking and manufacturing refinments

He never really said it was a waste of money, and I highly doubt he regrets his purchase now. 

No, that is wrong.

im talking about him looking back on it in his more recent live streams

he doesn't regret it he says it was on of the least useful upgrades he did

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

My 8320 @ 4.7 and 4690K @ 4.7 perform the same in cinebench (8.07). Not sure how 'real world' that is but 8350 is better in theory.

The only problem with that is that the 8350 starts to fall behind in gaming.

Correct. Which means the 8350 might not make sense at all :P

http://hwbot.org/submission/2514849_ievolution_cinebench_r11.5_fx_8350_8.05_points

http://hwbot.org/submission/2580398_harrynowl_cinebench_r11.5_core_i5_4690k_8.21_points

yes that is true but for rendering it is much better bang for your buck than any intel

he doesn't regret it he says it was on of the least useful upgrades he did

Watch that video.  The i7 blows the FX out of the water for rendering.

The FX is overclocked to 4.7Ghz. As soon as he uses the i7 at stock, it performs better than the overclocked FX.

For gaming, Intel is still going to perform better in the vast majority of games.

kinda open-ended question.

asking about rendering, then moved to streaming and now gaming is affected. 

what are you actually asking about?

are you asking should you consider another platform for rendering, streaming

and gaming?

what do you actually use your PC for in percentages?

gaming X%

streaming X%

rendering X%

kinda open-ended question.

asking about rendering, then moved to streaming and now gaming is affected. 

what are you actually asking about?

are you asking should you consider another platform for rendering, streaming

and gaming?

what do you actually use your PC for in percentages?

gaming X%

streaming X%

rendering X%

It's mainly rendering, though I just like to talk about multiple things besides the original topic sometimes. 

Overall performance, mainly rendering. 

Not...really?

My current PC is crap. So there's no real answer to that.