VIRO - a phone that doesn't discharge

Ciccioo

inb4 "repost he he he"

shut up timmy

sources: interview to the team (italian), original article (italian), youtube teasers, fb page

A few days ago there has been a post about this VIRO phone that, according to its developers, never discharges.

however, that thread was missing a couple important points.

VIRO is collaborating with Qualcomm: that's in fact the reason why the phone is supposed to have a snapdragon 810, and that's for me a reason to entrust the project, and actually hope that it's going to be a thing.

power sources: the most BS-looking thing of this project is the supposedly infinite battery life, so how did they manage to invent infinite energy? who divided by zero here?

First, they said that they couldn't find any source that could power a phone on its own. Their product has in fact to combine several power sources in order to get enough energy for all the hardware goodies that they want to power.

The biggest source, however, is going to be the energy that you spend rubbing your fingers on it: the phone will be able to recycle as much of that energy as possible (heat? pressure? graphene components for the surface seems to play a significan role in this). This could be great, because it means that the more you use your phone the more it's powered, and playing fruit ninja will give your phone a lot of energy, while watching a long video or movie could be much more problematic (as you don't produce movement).

Honestly i don't know if it's going to be the biggest source, i made that up, but well it's one of the sources

The battery won't be the same that you would find in your iphone. It will use a different technology, to not wear out because of the continue alimentation and charge-discharge cycles.

October, 1st 2014 is the day in which their website will be unveiled, along with the official presentation of the phone.

i look forward to the 1st october showoff, come on italians, don't let us down

Bullshit! There is no way rubbing the phone will produce enough power.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Bullshit! There is no way rubbing the phone will produce enough power.

that's not what the article states. the phone uses many sources, rubbing is just one

I'll believe it when I see it.

that's how everyone feels about this. too good to blindly believe

I assumed it would be a few things like that, but the bit that threw me off was 'it will never discharge"... Well. Yeah... It kinda does discharge, it's just constantly being charged St the same time (hopefully).

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

So then, why did they delete their YouTube and Facebook pages?

Smells fishy to me...

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Have they deleted their FB and Youtube? Wow, that's weird...

Btw, I think that you could have just commented this new info to the old thread. All the things I posted about the screen and camera etc. are there. :)

Even if it was to use solar and heat and anything else around it to make power yeah no. it's bs.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.