VIRO smartphone of future infinite battery

Thuster
Hi everyone, 

I would like to open this discussion about a smartphone very interesting and revolutionary.

I read this article on Irish Tech News http://irishtechnews.net/ITN3/have-you-ever-dreamed-about-a-smartphone-that-never-needed-to-be-charged/ of a startup with a specific goal to create a smartphone that never discharge! 

It seems something fantastic and this startup also promise to use exceptional hardware with an innovative design too, it's an Italian start-up so I'm sure that will not disappoint.

In any case, think of a smart phone that never has to be recharge would be great, look for more news on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/getVIRO that is updated daily. 

I read that the smartphone will present August 1, I can not wait to be able to confretare with all the others who will come out first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPJ-0i-8rDg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX0rQBx43vM&list=UUL9EkbZlZ6Lh4kJ1U8y8PxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9KJk-ajW08

Can't load the page.

Sounds like BS to me.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

it's an interesting concept but the only way it might be set up is with one of those clear solar panels that were developed recently but I don't know if it works well as a smartphone screen. 

Also, OP's post says August 1st. You might want to change that ;)

ehh i dont believe it

Nokia tried to do something similar by harnessing radio waves

but it was a dumb phone and the project ended soon after

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

it's an interesting concept but the only way it might be set up is with one of those clear solar panels that were developed recently but I don't know if it works well as a smartphone screen. 

what type of solar panels?

That would seem the only logical method, or some sort of hydrogen power cell but that isn't really practical and would probably be difficult to produce.

But the panels would be too small to power anything but awful hardware and harnessing radio waves produces next to no power.

Disclaimer : I might be wrong.

That would seem the only logical method, or some sort of hydrogen power cell but that isn't really practical and would probably be difficult to produce.

But the panels would be too small to power anything but awful hardware and harnessing radio waves produces next to no power.

it's an hard task but the Nokia concept it's very old 2009

I have done some calculations on this myself and in most areas apart from sitting on top of a big transceiver, further out wouldn't have the power to run a phone with "good" hardware.

Disclaimer : I might be wrong.

Would be cool, but our tech is not currently low power enough to do this in a phone. I have no doubt that with future advances in low power tech we could one day have a phone that does not physically need to be recharged. We are currently able to get energy from EM waves. The air is full of EM waves(everything from radio waves to visible light and even gamma waves) and we are able to harness that energy. Currently it is not efficient enough to run very complex and high power electronics, but as we get better at harnessing the energy from EM waves and as our tech requires less and less energy it is possible that one day we wont have to recharge phones.

edit

I should have read more carefully. They aren't claiming it recharges, but that it doesn't discharge. My guess is that they use energy from some sort of EM wave(probably radio) to get just enough energy to keep the battery from discharging during sleep mode.

Would be cool, but our tech is not currently low power enough to do this in a phone. I have no doubt that with future advances in low power tech we could one day have a phone that does not physically need to be recharged. We are currently able to get energy from EM waves. The air is full of EM waves(everything from radio waves to visible light and even gamma waves) and we are able to harness that energy. Currently it is not efficient enough to run very complex and high power electronics, but as we get better at harnessing the energy from EM waves and as our tech requires less and less energy it is possible that one day we wont have to recharge phones.

yes it seems to me difficult a smartphone fully self recharge, although in recent times there have been many researches to improve the autonomy of the smartphones and in general batteries
In any case, even if it work all day without being recharged is enough for me, my iPhone does not last anything haha

I like the idea, I hope the phone wont be too expensive :D

Also: https://www.facebook.com/getVIRO?hc_location=timeline

They seem to be pretty active :)

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

I like the idea, I hope the phone wont be too expensive :D

Also: https://www.facebook.com/getVIRO?hc_location=timeline

They seem to be pretty active :)

yes it looks like a very interesting project, so I look forward to some news to post in the forum. 
In every case I had also chat with them in FB and I like that a lot and they have explained me some things about the smartphone. I really appreciate that, they are close to their prospective customers ahah  :D

This will be going on my "keep an eye on" list :)

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

It would be funny if it turns out it works by plugging into the wall like a landline phone. Technically they are not charging either.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I'll believe it when I see it.

yes sure I think so too, but it's an intresting project 

It would be funny if it turns out it works by plugging into the wall like a landline phone. Technically they are not charging either.

ahah yeah not a bad idea

Interesting to say the least. I'm skeptical, but there's no harm in trying. Even if it doesn't work it, might inspire someone else who'll end up achieving it.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Interesting to say the least. I'm skeptical, but there's no harm in trying. Even if it doesn't work it, might inspire someone else who'll end up achieving it.

Yes I agree, the important thing is that they try to achieve this goal, companies like samsung and apple could decide to follow the same path

I would love to know how it is physically possible

Probs going to have a solar panel back lol

yes I think so, tha last solar panel can produce more

I would love to know how it is physically possible

me too ahah, I think it's very difficoult maybe soon they'll release a new video