565 members have voted

1. 1. What OS?

• Windows 7
    • Windows 8/8.1
    • Windows 10
    • OSX
    • Linux
    • Other

Why the heck would you buy windows ultimate? Its a waste of money.

Gift from ASUS my friend i didn't bought it .lol

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

Windows 8.1, it's faster(boot times general tasks), task manager is miles better, it was cheaper at the time. Start is back fixes all my issues with 8.1.聽

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4 聽Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD聽Sound: Custom One Pros聽Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Ubuntu because bash and Kali because bash and haxorz

Plz ubuntu pros/cons against Windows ....why i have to switch to ubantu.?

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

why not set up a poll for this? 聽It would be a much better way to actually collect data.

01010010 01101111 01100010 聽01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Windows 8.1, it's faster(boot times general tasks), task manager is miles better, it was cheaper at the time. Start is back fixes all my issues with 8.1.聽

i have the disk of 8.1 pro . its a gift from a friend in ASUS . do i need to say tata to 7 and install 8.1?

why not set up a poll for this? 聽It would be a much better way to actually collect data.

by that way brothers just click the mark but less reasons to read why?

Windows 7 and 8.1

聽Because my laptops have that pre-installed

Fedora WS 21

聽Because Fedora is interesting.

Explain fedora a little plz

Gift from ASUS my friend i didn't bought it .lol

ok thank god lol

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven聽 聽minimalist white and black PC聽 聽 聽Old S340 build log "White Heaven"聽 聽 聽 聽聽The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log聽 聽 聽 聽 Project AntiRoll (prototype)聽 聽 聽 聽 Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X聽|聽AMD Vega Frontier Edition聽|聽ASUS X570 Pro WS聽|聽Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB聽|聽NZXT H500聽|聽Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700聽|聽Custom loop聽|聽Coolermaster SK630 White聽|聽Logitech MX Master 2S聽|Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB聽|Samsung 58" 4k TV|Scarlett 2i4|2x AT2020

Linux Mint on my desktop (17.1, Cinnamon). I love the interface, functionality, ease-of-use, driver and software managers, and relative security in particular. I love supporting the open-source community when I can as well. There are some other benefits, but these are the most important ones, to me. It's a good free alternative to Windows, in some ways, although not in others. Is it incompatible with many things? Yes. Can it be difficult to learn for someone using Windows all their life? Sometimes. I think most, if not all, of the people on this forum would pick up on it pretty quickly.

I believe it's based off of Ubuntu, so I imagine the pros/cons are very similar.

Plz ubuntu pros/cons against Windows ....why i have to switch to ubantu.?

just a suggestion; I like bash and open-source stuff so... you can always try it if you want; it's free :)

Want a good game to play? 聽Check out Shadowrun:聽http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/聽(runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai... 聽 聽 (/. _ .)/ 聽 聽 \(. _ .\)

ok thank god lol

hahhhahahahahahahahaahhah.

Linux Mint on my desktop (17.1, Cinnamon). I love the interface, functionality, ease-of-use, driver and software managers, and relative security in particular. I love supporting the open-source community when I can as well. There are some other benefits as well, but these are the most important to me. It's a good free alternative to Windows, in some ways, although not in others. Is it incompatible with many things? Yes. Can it be difficult to learn for someone using Windows all their life? Sometimes. I think most, if not all, of the people on this forum should pick up on it pretty quickly.

I believe it's based off of Ubuntu, so I imagine the pros/cons are very similar.

you made me think about my business laptop to switch from windows to Ubuntu coz of security you've described ..

just a suggestion; I like bash and open-source stuff so... you can always try it if you want; it's free :)

how strong is ubuntu security then windows for a CEO's laptop ? i just googled it and found out many of the business secret keepers who want linux security and windows way to operate are using ubuntu ...why ?

Xubuntu because it has everything I need. But for gaming I'll see how good Win10 is.

how about installing it in a business laptop ? i need to use office on it and few softwares like Stock exchange spy and all . its not a spy software its just a name .lol

I'm a part of corporate sector but in computers and softwares i also want it free for all . i'll donate if i like ubantu ....

how about installing it in a business laptop ? i need to use office on it and few softwares like Stock exchange spy and all . its not a spy software its just a name .lol

It comes with alternatives for Microsoft Office.

how strong is ubuntu security then windows for a CEO's laptop ? i just googled it and found out many of the business secret keepers who want linux security and windows way to operate are using ubuntu ...why ?

ubuntu/linux is generally considered more secure because less viruses are written for it given it鈥檚 relatively small users base and exploits are patched more quickly because the software is open source, meaning anyone can issue patches

Want a good game to play? 聽Check out Shadowrun:聽http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/聽(runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai... 聽 聽 (/. _ .)/ 聽 聽 \(. _ .\)

you made me think about my business laptop to switch from windows to Ubuntu coz of security you've described ..

聽 I mean as long as you have an antivirus and are browsing wisely, you should be alright with Windows for the most part. However, I believe I heard a statistic (no idea where), that on average the Windows user comes across a virus every 30-40 minutes. I have no idea if that's true or not.

聽 The statement that Linux is safer because it's less used is for the most part a myth. Most servers, I believe, use a Linux variation, so there's a lot of incentive for hackers to exploit security issues. I believe the two best reasons that Linux is relatively secure is that it requires an admin password for pretty much any change you try to do to the system, and that it's open source community tends to report and fix security problems.

聽 As far as differences between Ubuntu and Linux Mint, I believe the biggest one is the desktop environment. Linux Mint seems to be more similar to Windows, with some OSX-like features, whereas Ubuntu looks to me like an iOS/OSX hybrid, but I haven't used that OS personally. I believe it's just a matter of preference.

It comes with alternatives for Microsoft Office.

will the docs created on the alternative open on MS-Office coz not all of managers have ubuntu and they are not that change lovers lol. they are above 40 and they like to have MS-office .

windows 7 on my desktop because its the only windows OS i have like recently. linux mint 17.1 on my laptop because i like its interface and it runs what i need. xenserver on my server as its a nice hypervisor and i enjoy it. most of my virtual machines are ubuntu server. but i do have one running windows server 2008R2 and then one with debian.

ubuntu/linux is generally considered more secure because less viruses are written for it given it鈥檚 relatively small users base and exploits are patched more quickly because the software is open source, meaning anyone can issue patches

Thats cool......