565 members have voted

1. 1. What OS?

• Windows 7
    • Windows 8/8.1
    • Windows 10
    • OSX
    • Linux
    • Other

Thank you so much for your time and input. Poll is up too. plz input there too. :)

I can't pick just one tbh.

Yes, there is a learning curve, but that is true for any software. Open-source software, in general, is more "you do it itself" in terms of installing and using software, where closed-source is more "we do it for you".

i'm kinda you do it your self person .....:)

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

I can't pick just one tbh.

you got it . chose multiple now :)

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

You can export as Microsoft Office extensions.

where to buy the basic disc for ubuntu?

but as i'm reading a windows user need much more info about ubuntu like drivers , software , compatibilities before start using it.

Ubuntu is extremely user friendly, most of the drivers are already installed, I didn't even have to install the wifi adapter drivers.

After the installation it was ready to go.

Ubuntu is extremely user friendly, most of the drivers are already installed, I didn't even have to install the wifi adapter drivers.

After the installation it was ready to go.

You download it from the website and mount it to a storage device and then boot from the device, for instalation help, just make a thread saying you need help learning how to install Ubuntu. Although I'd recommend using Xubuntu because it isn't as hardware demanding as Ubuntu.

Seriously ????????? free from start the whole OS ? is there some way to play windows games on it i'll switch my rig even on it.

You can buy Ubuntu from their shop, for about the price of the disk and shipping. But like others have said, it's pretty easy to make a live DVD/USB stick. There is some documentation on their website!

You download it from the website and mount it to a storage device and then boot from the device, for instalation help, just make a thread saying you need help learning how to install Ubuntu. Although I'd recommend using Xubuntu because it isn't as hardware demanding as Ubuntu.

my rig is in sig. will it run ?  the laptop is haswell i7 8 gb ram 480 ssd and don't know shit about its GPU lol.

Thank you so much for your time and input. Poll is up too. plz input there too. :)

np :D

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Seriously ????????? free from start the whole OS ? is there some way to play windows games on it i'll switch my rig even on it.

Yes seriously it's free, playing games on it may be a problem though, there are ways to do it (playonlinux, wine), but it's better to stick with windows for that.

You can use Wine, but I've heard it can be buggy. I don't use it myself, so I don't speak from personal experience here. Seems to be good enough though. I believe you can also use a virtual environment for other Windows versions, but I don't know about the legalities or generally how to do it.

It's "free" but you should donate tbh.

my rig is in sig. will it run ?  the laptop is haswell i7 8 gb ram 480 ssd and don't know shit about its GPU lol.

Yeah, it will run, but I wouldn't if the laptop already has win7 or above.

You can buy Ubuntu from their shop, for about the price of the disk and shipping. But like others have said, it's pretty easy to make a live DVD/USB stick. There is some documentation on their website!

i do the windows 7 from USB and i don't use premade softwares i make it from CMD everytime i need . it there any way to make it like this for ubuntu?

yes ubuntu is free, and some windows games even work with WINE, but DX** is not supported.  

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

Yeah, it will run, but I wouldn't if the laptop already has win7 or above.

i'll uninstall windows and will donate to ubuntu developers for their great work ..they deserve it.

i do the windows 7 from USB and i don't use premade softwares i make it from CMD everytime i need . it there any way to make it like this for ubuntu?

go to their website, they have documentation on how to make a live usb drive in windows

yes ubuntu is free, and some windows games even work with WINE, but DX** is not supported.  

:wacko: :o  i'm not able to play BF-4 and Far cray 4 on it then ? :(

no not yet :/  

Most likely. There's some documentation on Linux Mint's compatible hardware here. I use some pretty old hardware, with the exception of a cheap GTX 730, and haven't had a problem. The driver managers and the drivers built in to the kernel are generally fine.

No, but there are a lot of Indie games you can play, just put the linux filter on steam and it will show you all the game that can be played on Linux.

go to their website, they have documentation on how to make a live usb drive in windows

i'm on the website and reading ....i'm amazed by the work of microsoft marketing team lol....they sell us and we buy .......when ubuntu like software are there.....