[Breaking] AMD's Brand New High Performance x86 Core is Called Zen, Coming in 2016

TERAFLOP

So news just broke about AMD's new "from scractch" CPU architecture that is going to replace Bulldozer.
The new core has the code name "Zen" and is going to be launched in early 2016 accompanied by the new custom ARM core K12.

500x1000px-LL-1f070f42_AMD_FX_1440.png

Both cores will address servers going up against Skylake but Zen will also go into desktops and notebooks.
This is the core that's going to be powering the next generation of FX CPUs that AMD has been talking about for quite some time now.

Rory Read AMD's CEO also talked about K12, manufacturing process roadmap for the company and next generation GPU and compute cores.

For further detail you can check out the original article.
Your thoughts ?

UPDATE : A transcript of the event is now available by SeekingAlpha.
You have to register to read the transcript but it's free or you can just read the relavent quotes from AMD's CEO in the original article linked above.

wccflel @Askew

I guess we will see.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

So news just broke about AMD's new "from scractch" CPU architecture that is going to replace Bulldozer.

The new core has the code name "Zen" and is going to be launched in early 2016 with the new custom ARM core K12.

Both cores will address servers going up against Skylake but Zen will also go into desktops and notebooks.

This is the core that's going to be powering the next generation of FX CPUs that AMD has been talking about for quite some time now.

Lets just hope that this doesn't end up being another faildozer.

For those who don't like clicking links.

Also in article was the Rory Read at the Deustche Bank 2014 Technology Conference :

Everyone knows that Bulldozer was not the game changing part when it was introduced three years ago. We have to live with that for four years but Zen, K12 we went out and got Jim Keller we went out and got Raja Koduri from Apple, Mark Papermaster, Lisa sue. We are building now our next generation graphics and compute technology that customers are very interested in and they’ll ( referring to the next generation graphics and compute architecture) move to the next generation node and they’ll be ready to go.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/breaking-amds-gen-x86-high-performance-core-code-named-zen-debut-k12/#ixzz3CqYcz498

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

wccflel @Askew

I call bullshit until someone reputable reports this.

I checked the source, at minute 4 AMD's CEO does in fact say what WCCFTech says he said.

Also had to link WCCFTech they're the only site to break this news.

"One way to think of zen is this: a total state of focus that incorporates a total togetherness of body and mind." -dictionary

AMD is really into HSA aren't they...

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

mmmh hope they make something good with this

also i lold at this

Rumors of “Zen” have been floating around for quite sometime now but we did not wish to report on it without confirmation.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I'm waiting to see what they do for gaming, do they go cheap ass only like they did with "dual graphics" or do they go smart and allow for everything between cheap ass and holy mother of god that costed alot?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

People need to cut this wccf shit out. Every single time I try to read a news post I find this stupid meme. If you don't like a site just don't friggin read their stuff. Easy enough isn't it ? without giving us the rest a throbbing headache about it.
Rant over.

Good news.

AMD prob know that no1 trusts that source, hence prob why they leak to it :P , because whether ppl believe it or not, they still are getting publicity on them.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

AMD prob know that no1 trusts that source, hence prob why they leak to it :P , because whether ppl believe it or not, they still are getting publicity on them.

It's not a leak. AMD's CEO revealed this information during an interview at the Deustche Bank Conference.

Nothing's more official than the CEO's word really.

It's not a leak. AMD's CEO revealed this information during an interview at the Deustche Bank Conference.

Nothing's more official than the CEO's word really.

Poorly chosen words on my part.

But thanks for also not just shooting me down in flames ;)

If they are aiming for a new architecture somewhere in 1H 2016. Then it really has to be something amazing, since it's almost a year and a half away.

I want AMD's with much, much higher power for the wattage that is being used. Intel is currently dominating that part with their desktop/server processors.

Until the moment I hear it's not a lie-core with half as many FPU as integer units; who the hell cores?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Until the moment I hear it's not a lie-core with half as many FPU as integer units; who the hell cores?

The cake is a lie but not the core... or at least that's what I've heard from my super secret imaginary semiaccurate sources.

oh wow so they are gonna ignore excavator and piledriver

risky move AMD ... i wonder how much R&D money  they poured in the new architecture

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

oh wow so they are gonna ignore excavator and piledriver

risky move AMD ... i wonder how much R&D money  they poured in the new architecture

all of it, hopefully

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

all of it, hopefully

thats not encouraging news xD

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

thats not encouraging news xD

i mean all they can, while still operating safely :P

i mean all they can, while still operating safely :P

do u think they will put an ARM core in the FX line of CPUs ?

do u think they will put an ARM core in the FX line of CPUs ?

im hoping that skybridge means that yeah. a powerful arm chip

I just hope it competes with whatever Intel has at that point. My guess is that they can't, they have fallen so far behind that I don't think it's possible unless they get outside investment from IBM or something.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Going up against Cannonlake at that point unless it's early 2016.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I'm waiting to see what they do for gaming, do they go cheap ass only like they did with "dual graphics" or do they go smart and allow for everything between cheap ass and holy mother of god that costed alot?

You have to remember the GPUs which go into APUs are never the same tech as the current dGPU tech. Whether or not that changes, who knows? If AMD slows down dGPU production/R&D then the APUs can catch up and chips can possibly be developed in tandem.

Carrizo should be able to XFire with the 290x if AMD has it on GCN 1.2 like it should.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd