The madness of CS:GO's digital economy

Askew

Some of the knives in CS:GO cost more in the marketplace than real military knives IRL, how the fuck can this ridiculous situation come into being?

s328.pngs452.pngs312.png

Valve have perfected the art of supply and demand

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Some stuff is worth so much that the Steam store doesnt go high enough. To be fair you can buy knives IRL for like 1$

Some stuff is worth so much that the Steam store doesnt go high enough. To be fair you can buy knives IRL for like 1$

I don't mean kitchen knives I mean high quality military knives like the ones in game, better edit OP actually.

You can buy a pretty decent quality sword for the price of some cs:go knives.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Also some knives are illegal irl and people want to be able to show them off which is easier online. its more status so people want to pay more just so something becomes more valuable

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Valve have perfected the art of supply and demand

This!

People want pretty knives, people are willing to hand over cash money to look stylish and badass when they get sniped from the other side of the map.

wierd thing is, is that id buy a knife if i had the money and ive only started playing, mind you i wouldnt spend over 100

|| MAELSTROM ||

but i thought the knives were made by the community and once sold  most of the money is transferred to the creator

right ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

but i thought the knives were made by the community and once sold  most of the money is transferred to the creator

right ?

you can't buy them directly. You have to open cases. Keys for those cases cost money. Money goes to Valve. Valve gives creators money.

The Knives sold in the marketplace are from other players, though valve takes a cut from each sale on the marketplace as well.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

right ?

True, but it doesn't make the actual prices any less ridiculous.

True, but it doesn't make the actual prices any less ridiculous.

then one shouldn't buy it

its not necessary

if one just wants the "looks" cant u just install skins ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Similar pricing for some DotA2 items I believe.

I've been playing CSGO recently, but fortunately I'm very frugal, so I haven't opened the 2 decent cases I've got from playing. My brother on the other hand, he likes spending(/wasting) money on FTP games, like Battlefield Heroes and DotA2.

You can, but only you look badass to only yourself and no one else sees them

Well actually lots of other people see them. Dying and spectating is very common, and the F key shows off the weapon.

then one shouldn't buy it

its not necessary

if one just wants the "looks" cant u just install skins ?

you can easily change your skin in League of Legends with an app (I assume the same is possible in CS:GO), but people want others to see what shiny thinghs  they have got

Well people are crazy, I've only bought a few camo's but only with money I earned by selling cases (some for a multiple euro's on the day they get released). A good army knife costs about 100-200 EU IRL, I think, and well the highest end camo's cost just as much, people just like to show off and well to be fair some of those knives look badass, but not 100eu bad ass

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

FTFY:

038c5f08ff.png

burning killer exclusive and burning team captain

How much do those items cost?

Burning Killer's Exclusive is around 10k, Burning Team Captain is around 5k

what the fuck, I didn't believe it so I watched a youtube video and saw it was sold for 11k...............

from the market

not direct then is it, they only enter the game through case openings and that's at random, hence the rarity and value.