The madness of CS:GO's digital economy

Askew

not direct then is it, they only enter the game through case openings and that's at random, hence the rarity and value.

valve still gets a big chunk from the market fees

Some of the knives in CS:GO cost more in the marketplace than real military knives IRL, how the fuck can this ridiculous situation come into being?

s328.pngs452.pngs312.png

i have 3 knives that are worth 200+ keys. If need be I could liquidate and have around 1100 cash instantly or span it over a few weeks and have around 1300. 

It's insane. But also awesome.

then one shouldn't buy it

its not necessary

if one just wants the "looks" cant u just install skins ?

Not really. Most servers in cs:go will vac you if you're running custom models. custom models are a no-no because cheaters.

what the fuck, I didn't believe it so I watched a youtube video and saw it was sold for 11k...............

This one guy I know, Fridgeraider, trades unusual hats kinda like that frequently (not as much anymore). He's made at least $12k trading in TF2. He's known as the guy who bought a car with his TF2 money lol.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Not really. Most servers in cs:go will vac you if you're running custom models. custom models are a no-no because cheaters.

They do NOT vac ban for custom skins

If admins do not want custom skins they enable sv_pure

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Hoiw often are knife drops? I've been playing occasionally and havent gotten anything

I think you can't get dropped a knife, only from cases. And even then the chance is pretty small.