What was the last OEM desktop that you have/had before you started building PCs

asim1999

I had a 5 year old 24" iMac with a 2.93 GHz Core2Duo and 8GB of RAM

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

I'm too ashamed to tell...

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

If you exclude the imacs of my dads, then it'll have to be the sony vaio pcv-rx301 in fact, here's a spec sheet for it:

http://download.sony-europe.com/pub/manuals/Desktops/RX3/RX3_T_UK.pdf

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

why are iMacs so overpiced? building myself an X99 Rig that destroys an iMac and is also nearly £1000 cheaper

Because they have a 27 inch IPS 1440p monitor build in, are really small and use generally high quality and sometimes even custom components.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

advent dt2111, 8gb 1333 ram, i5 2320, 2tb hdd, hd6670

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

a compaq back when they had them color fronts. celeron 667mhz 128mb ram 1gb hdd had a red one and a blue one that i used for parts when my psu died and that

More-Compaq-Presario-with-Bondi-Blue-Pla

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

My current one with a replaced GPU, RAM, Storage and chassis and the fans and the cables.

Ive never owned a desktop i didn't build myself. But I've yet to build a custom laptop ^^. I've upgraded on part at the time slowly and steady since 2007. That was the last time i scrapped my whole pc and build't one from all new components. My current oldest part is my graphics card from 2011, Im still unsure if my next "upgrade" should be a ssd or a graphics card tho. cant do to much at the same time. My newest component is my Nepton 140xl cooler.

It was an older Acer desktop that ran Vista when it first came out.

It looked something like this (not the exact model/style)

acer_aspire_m5630.jpg

GW2: Vettexl.9726

HP Pavilion m7640n

OMFG AMAZINGPHIL PIC MARRY ME

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

hm....

last one i owned was a dell media centre 2005 sumthin or whatothermichkit.

first one was an apple II. (no joke... baught itcause i was being ''retro'' lol)

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

YAS PHILLIONS UNITE

MY FAITH IN THIS FORUM RESTORED TWICE TODAY

i wrote a philXlinus fanfic......................................

its not finnished and needs translating, but its there.... xD

we are bff's now.

-Jim Hensen

I started off with secondhand laptops, the last one I had before I built my first rig was a Fujitsu Lifebook. I remember it had a single core 450MHz AMD processor, 64MB of RAM (I added a 128MB module that I received for my 11th birthday and it made a HUGE difference), and a 6GB hard drive. It ran Windows 98 like a champ. 

u wot

indeed.

i'll translate it as sooon as i can.

-Jim Hensen

some hd pavillion win xp media center thing. Can't remember the exact specs but it had some old ati radeon 16-something, I believe. 2 gigs of ram and a dualcore processor. Nothing special, I must've gotten it 2006 or 07?

I built my first pc in dec of '12. It was a huge step forward for me.

A old HP desktop running XP.

my Grandpa uses one of those Slims and he refuses to get a new one. Its a goner. It runs loud and hot, around 10c from TJ Max. The HDD is on its last legs, when you start it up your can hear it make all kinds of bad noises!

TJ max the clothing store?! THEY SELL COMPUTERS?!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Mine was a Dell dimension. I can't remember which exact one since I'm not home at the moment.

EDIT: It was when pcs were black instead of that cream color

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

TJ Max sells stuff that never got sold in other stores (either overstocked, not enough people wanted the item). While their primary product is clothing they do sell other stuff too

MIND. EQUALS. BLOWN.

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

an HP that had a shitty 1.6GHz sempron from 2005 with 512MB ram, when we bought it XP ran fine on it, though anything else beyond word or excel it was worthless, still i upgrade the ram to 1.5GB with an extra stick and a ATI XT1100 (i think? it was a low end card, gt210 style on its time) those upgrade made it barely usable when it got W7 on it, today that thing is dead, the internals where striped down and trow away, GPU was dead and mobo too, didn't post, i still have the case which is suitable for a budget matx rig

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Still Samsung OEM. I'm planing to build my next one in about 3 years and keep the current one for general use. 

But if Samsung brings out a decent OEM desktop, then they shall get my money again.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Dell Dimension 3000

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W