Let's Make A Game

Jack.EXE

An FPS where the U.S isn't the good guy... (Said no game developer ever.)

A setting where the U.S starts imposing surveillance on smaller countries and they accept for fear of military action. Then everyone eventually gets fed up, alliances form, and bam, World War 3.

A setting where the U.S starts imposing surveillance on smaller countries and they accept for fear of military action. Then everyone eventually gets fed up, alliances form, and bam, World War 3.

This idea could work and you get a choice at character creation of being a commander or a member of the infantry? with the ability to switch between both of them but only before the battle is engaged, I'm seeing this as an MMO-type idea but a community made one so it would be non-profit and actually be made "For gamers by gamers" xD.

I'm definately on board for this idea V_V broke my leg last week wednesday and I've literally got nothing to do so I'll draw up some character concepts if I can (my drawing skills are somewhat limited) and I'd love to be part of any team I can be fitted into :p I make decent looking HUDs, know a LOT of programming lanugages ._. so meh I think this'll be a really good idea, I don't think an MMO made by a community has been done? or atleast well :/

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I don't have anyway to draw designs but i'm on summer vacation and have a lot of free time so can interact fastish.

I really like this idea

Main Rig

CPU-
AMD FX 8350 | CPU Cooler- CM hyper 212 Evo | GPU- Radeon HD 7970 | RAM- G.SKill Ripjawz X 2x4 | Storage- 1TB WD Black | 128gb Plextor Ms5 | Case- BitFenix Shinobi   | Motherboard- Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 | PSU- Rosewill hive 750 watt

Media PC

CPU- A10-5800k | GPU- Onboard | RAM- Ripjaws X 4Gb | Storage- Seagate 1TB | Case- Bitfenix Prodigy M | Motherboard- MSI A75M-E35 | PSU- Antec 350W Basiq

This idea could work and you get a choice at character creation of being a commander or a member of the infantry? with the ability to switch between both of them but only before the battle is engaged, I'm seeing this as an MMO-type idea but a community made one so it would be non-profit and actually be made "For gamers by gamers" xD.

I'm definately on board for this idea V_V broke my leg last week wednesday and I've literally got nothing to do so I'll draw up some character concepts if I can (my drawing skills are somewhat limited) and I'd love to be part of any team I can be fitted into :P I make decent looking HUDs, know a LOT of programming lanugages ._. so meh I think this'll be a really good idea, I don't think an MMO made by a community has been done? or atleast well :/

Yeah, I think an idea like this could only be done by a non-profit, community effort, because if you lose the support of the U.S you basically lose the profit part instantly.

Yeah, I think an idea like this could only be done by a non-profit, community effort, because if you lose the support of the U.S you basically lose the profit part instantly.

Our original idea was to have the community make the game then we sell it for cheap and 100% goes to linus media group.

Our original idea was to have the community make the game then we sell it for cheap and 100% goes to linus media group.

That could work I guess but open beta testing would be KEY in actually getting people interested :p no one is gonna pay say £10 for a community game that may or may not be bad. I think a sub forum would be required to make this an actual thing, one thread for the programming development, another for the graphics work etc.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I know this is supposed to be a community made, free game. I was pointing out the reason why no "real" game developer has ever made a game like this.

tumblr_m4v17xIsbE1qj6oxv.gif

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Sounds like a cool game.

Give me linux support.

This is actually a really good idea, if we're gonna make a community game it should really be on every platform ^_^ although phone support is no likely to happen except maybe in a The Divison-type system where if you're on your tablet you can play as a commander and tell you're squad where to go :p

I know this is supposed to be a community made, free game. I was pointing out the reason why no "real" game developer has ever made a game like this.

OK

tumblr_m4v17xIsbE1qj6oxv.gif

Not creepy at all

This is actually a really good idea, if we're gonna make a community game it should really be on every platform ^_^ although phone support is no likely to happen except maybe in a The Divison-type system where if you're on your tablet you can play as a commander and tell you're squad where to go :P

Lets not get over are heads  :D

We really should get the OP and get some more stuff concrete and concept art in the work.

OK

Not creepy at all

Joking aside, I'm in, will go over this thread in depth after work, and if anyone likes, I could start a notepad document thats freely available that has all these ideas recorded to make it quicker and easier to look at what we've decided :D

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Joking aside, I'm in, will go over this thread in depth after work, and if anyone likes, I could start a notepad document thats freely available that has all these ideas recorded to make it quicker and easier to look at what we've decided :D

Sounds good I can keep a word file also

I'll probably do that now :p got no school so might aswell

So Kuzma and JaeDee884 are on board for helping design so far and I have a friend who will help anyone else atm?

Okay done the word document and it's on google docs so everyone can view it and I can update it at any time :D

Okay done the word document and it's on google docs so everyone can view it and I can update it at any time :D

looks great  :)

Kinda excited to actually have something to do :D been just kinda sitting here looking at tech news with this broken leg V_V but I gotta wait a couple of days to get my Mac since I am not home at my grandparents :/ celeron e2180 anyone? xD

it would be great if there was parkour implemented some how  :P

Maybe a BF3-thing type thing with the being able to vault over walls etc.

I can see great things coming for this game ^_^ especially with such a wide community and people ready to make suggestions.

So are we gonna push for Crysis : Warhead type graphics? or are we gonna be content with something a little lower end?

Make it like Counter Strike no ironsights only crosshair and be competitive 

i5 3570K - HD7870 Hawk - 1TB WD BLUE - 2x4GB Gskill RAM - Corsair Vengeance C70 White