Let's Make A Game

Jack.EXE

Before you ask:
No, we don't expect to make a AAA game, but we hope to make a pretty good indie.

The Project is closed for the school year, check back next summer!

[spoiler|Design concepts for Kat]UnderlayerKY8BuKc.jpg Fleece (toggle-able)0qu6ruu.jpg Overlayer (armor)bepkC0i.jpgI bet you want me to make an under-underlayer, but I wont. You perverts.

I'll start with a few Ideas I have:

It's set in the future, we've moved away from bullet based weaponry and have instead adopted flechette style energy based weapons (basically mini-railguns), ditching traditional weapon layout for more compact bullpup style. These weapons can bypass most armor types, except for tank-like Titanium Carbide Plating.

What other things can you guys think of?

Here's a link to a google doc made by Kuzma.
http://bit.ly/1avjqC2

Summary:

OpenCL physics,
TressFX skin & clothing
Tomb raider & Crysis influence

FPS & RTS All in one

No more bullets, RAILGUNS

A Girl is the main character, her name is Katt, her close friend is her sidekick, his name is Mason, He's a Medic, it is later revealed that Katt is adept in hacking and computer use.

Katt is severely injured in the beginning, mason discovers her and nurses her back to health. and is again injured in an explosion of a truck, though only minorly.

females have a high chest and head armor bonus, while non critical areas are near useless to armor

males have more health, but females have a smaller hitbox.

good guys is northern US, bad guys is southern terrorists and bandits, anyone sensible has moved north

everone is fighting over a new resource found on the moon, which was struck by a meteor and spreading the resource over the south USA.

HOVERTANKS

Hot Girls in Epic Armor

Linus, Slick, We need a forum section for this game to organize it right

Linux Support & Mods, lots of mods.

that covers the first 340 posts of this thread. hope it helped!

Chakshu, on 29 May 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

armour piercing LASER'S

the flechette rounds are already armor piercing, and the titanium carbide can't stop them, it just increases survivability. (Kind of like kevlar with AR rounds)

Flechettes are tiny little darts or blades, not energy weapons. ;)

If it's actually energy weapons, maybe the vehicles could have some kind of highly reflective coating to try dumping as much of the heat back as possible?

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

well, the flechettes are fired off by strong electromagnetic rails, which consume energy, the flechettes are charged with energy in the process.

Flechettes are tiny little darts or blades, not energy weapons. ;)

If it's actually energy weapons, maybe the vehicles could have some kind of highly reflective coating to try dumping as much of the heat back as possible?

speaking of fps/rts, there could be a "commander mode" where you would play from an RTS perspective, and give commands and information to the squads below, which are real players playing an FPS.

shields might work, but we want to keep them from being OP

well, the flechettes are fired off by strong electromagnetic rails, which consume energy, the flechettes are charged with energy in the process.

Fair enough I guess. My interpretation of energy weapons would be something that doesn't fire any type of projectile, but rather a beam or burst of energy (be that electrical, thermal, whatever). Not saying that rail guns firing flechettes don't also sound cool. :)

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

ok, i have to create an image of what the weapons could look like

Edit: Nevermind, I'm bad At paint...

nah make the tanks VTOLs

why not have hover tanks AND VTOLs?

why not have hover tanks AND VTOLs?

It would be fun to fly a tank with a jet engine besides hover is overused how many vtol tanks do you see?

i think a jet tank would be a bit cheesy...

Like Hover Tanks?

Exactly huge fans blowing underneath the tank with enough thrust to lift it up :D . It might work.

Nope, a tank with wings!

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

hmmmm...... i've thought about this. but i'm thinking of establishing some core mechanics and some other stuff first, then we'll make the plot.

but i'll start thinking of some plot Ideas while we do.

Well if we do sci-fi

A- Rebellion

B- War of sorts

C- Alien invasion

D- infectious zombie like disease

E- Trying to colonize awaken ancient power

Other mechanics 

A- Vehicle support but that is me and love of big battles

B-  single player or multi player

C- 2 steps from hell orchestra music

D- Ground battles and space battles

E- If we wanted to do something slightly strategy there is the squad command style like republic commando or more like a real RTS like tom clancy end war

these are some ideas off the top of my head