Let's Make A Game

Jack.EXE

we could actually completely and realistically render the player layer by layer, from bones to muscles, to organs, to skin, and finally clothes on top. all these would be separately rendered and added together.

we could actually completely and realistically render the player layer by layer, from bones to muscles, to organs, to skin, and finally clothes on top. all these would be separately rendered and added together.

O.o that would be extremely intensive for the low end players that we also have to appeal to

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

not that hard, the internal organs would only be computational damage areas, where damage would change depending on what got hit. the skin and clothes would be what actually get rendered.

I want the movement to be natural too. if you would bend your knee, the clothes would move, if you run, it the clothes would move accordingly. and as much as we want to avoid sexism, we want to keep it realistic. if you would "Bounce" in real life, you would do so in the game.

you know what I mean with this. i just want to keep it realistic.

I get what you mean maybe we could do something similar to the TressFX of Tomb Raider but with clothes and hair, rendering organs etc. is not needed when the same effect can be achieved with using three dimensional hit boxes and it would be less intensive. I can see this running a lot better on AMD Cards... ._. unless we used something to detect if the user is using an AMD or Nvidia cards and switch to CUDA programming for the latter.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

yeah, I may have AMD in my name, but I'm in no way biased. (Ok, only slightly, I'll use an Nvidia if I get an AMD cpu, and I'll use an intel if I get an AMD gpu.)

*MULTIPLAYER IDEAS*

If each class gets a different weapon, we could have 4 classes, each with a different skill and weapon

ASSAULT

Assault rifle, Jetpack

MEDIC

SMG, Medkit

HEAVY

LMG, Rocket launcher

SCOUT

Sniper Rifle, Cloak.

How about instead of a rocket launcher its a small railgun? How about one ammo type be say it lodges into the body than has a small explosive inside destroying internal organs? Also do we want anything like a skill tree in the multi/single?

well the rocket launcher is more meant for vehicles, not personnel.

well the rocket launcher is more meant for vehicles, not personnel.

Sorry I meant the ammo for like the assault rifle or smg

How about instead of a rocket launcher its a small railgun? How about one ammo type be say it lodges into the body than has a small explosive inside destroying internal organs? Also do we want anything like a skill tree in the multi/single?

A standard modern ballistic designed for maximum impact will cause large damage to internal organs as it is and people will have no chance of bandaging up and surviving that kind of bullet xD having the ability to bandage up will be crucial for surviving for long periods of time and to avoid people surviving for extremely long periods of time the survival mechanism (only for multiplayer) would have an anti-luck system so that the more bleed outs you survive the more likely you are to bleed out e.g. the % would raise to by 1 each bleed out you survive so if you survive say 10 bullets the chance of death is a lot higher. Thinking of something more like x2 -1 to make it scale a lot more significantly making 2 bullets +3% but making 5 bullets +24% and 10 bullets +99% .

Might start working on a bleed out % chance chart quickly in paint.

i like to avoid unlocks because it keeps new players unable to really play well.

i join planetside 2 and am able to jump in a fight and be effective.

I join call of duty and take ages to be effective.

lets have more than 4 classes with a little more personalization like:

SCOUT

Pistol, jetpack, moves faster

ASSAULT

assault rifle, grenade launcher

TECH

small sub machine gun, sentry turret

TANK (that's just what he's called)

light machine gun, rocket launcher or other high powered weapon

SNIPER

sniper rifle, ammo pack

SHADOW

silenced magnum, knife, cloak

DEMO

shotgun, grenades, C4

just stuff like that to make classes more distinguished 

Maybe we could have unlocks with huge advantages but also huge disadvantages e.g. a much more powerful grenade with a far longer animation or something like that.

Something I'd like to add is that the Call of Duty default classes are actually amazing i've gotten 50+ gameplays on all of them except World at War and Cod4 (highest there is 40)

that would be more inline with the tweaking vs unlocking view of this game.

If you guys ACTUALLY decide to make a game, hit me up for level design and soundtrack. (Sample of my music in signature) I also own unused licenses for a fair bit of 3D assets from various sources. Mostly trees, grass, rocks and fantasy-style architecture and clutter. (Think Skyrim for the trees and natural stuff, this stuff is similar if not slightly better)

I also hold a design document for my own fantasy sandbox IP though I'm not willing to do anything with that just yet. But I would contribute writing.

Though I see you've gone into more shooter territory, that's fine, the resource and audio offers still stand.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

If you guys ACTUALLY decide to make a game, hit me up for level design and soundtrack. (Sample of my music in signature) I also own unused licenses for a fair bit of 3D assets from various sources. Mostly trees, grass, rocks and fantasy-style architecture and clutter. (Think Skyrim for the trees and natural stuff, this stuff is similar if not slightly better)

I also hold a design document for my own fantasy sandbox IP though I'm not willing to do anything with that just yet. But I would contribute writing.

Though I see you've gone into more shooter territory, that's fine, the resource and audio offers still stand.

Cool! It will be a sci-fi shooter, but I like fantasy a lot if you couldn't tell by my pic.

lets have more than 4 classes with a little more personalization like:

SCOUT

Pistol, jetpack, moves faster

ASSAULT

assault rifle, grenade launcher

TECH

small sub machine gun, sentry turret

TANK (that's just what he's called)

light machine gun, rocket launcher or other high powered weapon

SNIPER

sniper rifle, ammo pack

SHADOW

silenced magnum, knife, cloak

DEMO

shotgun, grenades, C4

just stuff like that to make classes more distinguished 

Hardcore mode without weapons cuz logic

Thief mode where you start with no weapons but can steal other peoples weapons?

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

How would you get weapons from other people if they don't have weapons?

the game is already hardcore, if you get hit there's a 75 percent chance to start losing health (Bleed out), and a 25 percent chance to begin regening (Healing), unless you find a medic, where then it's a 25 percent to bleed out, and a 75% chance to heal.

How would you get weapons from other people if they don't have weapons?

the game is already hardcore, if you get hit there's a 75 percent chance to start losing health (Bleed out), and a 25 percent chance to begin regening (Healing), unless you find a medic, where then it's a 25 percent to bleed out, and a 75% chance to heal.

Then call it Uber-Hardcore or something, i still want it there!

That's actually a very cool idea but you can not steal weapons if no one has them, so maybe hand to hand combat if you don't have a weapon but one person on each team spawns in with a weapon. But making it so that if you get ambushed for your gun maybe it would go into an assasination animation similar to battlefield 3 but a sequence of buttons (maybe 3?) has to be pressed and whoever presses the button first gets the upper hand so if you assasinated me for my gun and I pressed numpad 5 first I would get the upperhand in the struggle, then you press numpad 9 first and it becomes about even then I press numpad 7 first and I shoot you in the head effectively killing you but that being purely down to my skill in the ambush sequence so an ambush isn't a 100% guaranteed steal (therefore no heavy group ambushs)?

I also finished my chart on chances of bleeding out from being shot in areas so here it is:

9tl99y.png

So those would be the base death rates (This is not random it is based on real life data I spent a couple of hours researching best places to get shot xD so it would be your foot and your hand) and reaching a medic (or if you actual are a medic) and being bandaged will decrease all rates by 2/3s of its original making being shot in the chest 25% etc.

Also I thought I might add based on the x2-1 formula surviving 3 bullets (such as your hands or feet) and then getting shot in the neck would kill you instantly because your body would be quite weak, falling blood pressure etc. and we don't want extremely lucky people surviving for long periods of time xD

9tl99y.png

I'm sorry, but the inner thigh contains one of the main arteries of the human body, so does the armpit to inner upper arm, whoever made this needs a lesson in anatomy. One of the first things I learned in CQC in the army is to keep your knife retracted holding the handle so that the blade is parallell to your wrist and deflect punches/stabs and using momentum to slash at the inner upper arm, which is a devastating bleed out zone.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I'm sorry, but the inner thigh contains one of the main arteries of the human body, so does the armpit to inner upper arm, whoever made this needs a lesson in anatomy. One of the first things I learned in CQC in the army is to keep your knife retracted holding the handle so that the blade is parallell to your wrist and deflect punches/stabs and using momentum to slash at the inner upper arm, which is a devastating bleed out zone.

I know about those major arteries (for example due to this to prevent frostbite it is recommended to put your hands under your arm pits) but these are based on statistic from ACTUAL gun wounds, how long it has taken people to get to the hospital and if they have survived or not. Not every shot in the leg will hit those arteries obviously but these are supposed to be extremely broad values increased accuracy would be reached using the 3D hitboxes I meantioned earlier so that the game can realise when major arteries etc. are hit and largely increase the death chances for example being hit in the artery in your leg would cause you to bleed out in minutes in real life making the hit be 100% chance to die but no instant like a headshot and if it was bandaged up it would further decrease chance to die in real life and in the game.

That's actually a very cool idea but you can not steal weapons if no one has them, so maybe hand to hand combat if you don't have a weapon but one person on each team spawns in with a weapon. But making it so that if you get ambushed for your gun maybe it would go into an assasination animation similar to battlefield 3 but a sequence of buttons (maybe 3?) has to be pressed and whoever presses the button first gets the upper hand so if you assasinated me for my gun and I pressed numpad 5 first I would get the upperhand in the struggle, then you press numpad 9 first and it becomes about even then I press numpad 7 first and I shoot you in the head effectively killing you but that being purely down to my skill in the ambush sequence so an ambush isn't a 100% guaranteed steal (therefore no heavy group ambushs)?

It would be like every person can choose which mode/character to play right? My thought was like, the thief could sneak up on people and steal their weapons, and will therefore have a disadvantage at start and later on when they have maybe stolen multiple weapons they'll have a good advantage. no?