Let's Make A Game

Jack.EXE

It would be like every person can choose which mode/character to play right? My thought was like, the thief could sneak up on people and steal their weapons, and will therefore have a disadvantage at start and later on when they have maybe stolen multiple weapons they'll have a good advantage. no?

Hmmm... that could work but could also get overpowered in the way that they would end up with a lot of weapons...

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Hmmm... that could work but could also get overpowered in the way that they would end up with a lot of weapons...

Yeah, you could limit it in some way i guess. But they'll have a really tough start though

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

Yeah, you could limit it in some way i guess. But they'll have a really tough start though

Most players will get caught off guard by the assasination sequence in the early stages making the class pretty damn over powered in the early life of the game but predictable as the game gets old

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Most players will get caught off guard by the assasination sequence in the early stages making the class pretty damn over powered in the early life of the game but predictable as the game gets old

Make a tutorial or an introduction to the classes or something along those lines, if the maps are right for it and not just like flat everywhere you should be able to sneak up on people anyways, Maybe make them run faster when they have no weapons, when they're within a like 1-2 meter range of someone they could steal their weapon (if they have multiple just one of them) and stolen weapons would dissappear after what would be about 10-20% of an average game length?

Make a tutorial or an introduction to the classes or something along those lines, if the maps are right for it and not just like flat everywhere you should be able to sneak up on people anyways, Maybe make them run faster when they have no weapons, when they're within a like 1-2 meter range of someone they could steal their weapon (if they have multiple just one of them) and stolen weapons would dissappear after what would be about 10-20% of an average game length?

It would make most sense for the thief to sneak up to the player from behind put them into a triangle shaped jujitsu lock then reach for their pistol and just shoot them in the head and take all of their stuff, I think all players should have the ability to drop stuff to speed themselves up but can only pick up other dropped things (theifs are the only ones that can actual steal) the less things you have the faster you move? and let's avoid things randomly disappearing ^_^ I'm sure we can have around 2-30guns on the floor without too much strain on the server.

Looks interesting! I'm rather good at creations and stuff like that, so I'd like to get involved.

[PC Specs]: XFX DD R7850 BE 2GB (Overclocked to 1350 MHz), i7 3770K @ 5.1 GHz, TX860i 80+ Platinum Certified, MSI MPower Z77, 8GB Crucial Ballistix RAM, 4TB WD Black HDD, 128GB Intel 520 SSD.

[internet Connection]: 30Mbps down 5Mbps up

[speedTest] [Let's make a game!]

It would make most sense for the thief to sneak up to the player from behind put them into a triangle shaped jujitsu lock then reach for their pistol and just shoot them in the head and take all of their stuff, I think all players should have the ability to drop stuff to speed themselves up but can only pick up other dropped things (theifs are the only ones that can actual steal) the less things you have the faster you move? and let's avoid things randomly disappearing ^_^ I'm sure we can have around 2-30guns on the floor without too much strain on the server.

Yeah that's pretty cool, maybe like They Can jump onto lamps and just jump at People, although that would probably be to much.

The disappearing thing was just to avoid thiefs being OP, maybe some hidden weapons aroubd the map or would it start to be like advanced minecraft survival games xD?

By the way guys, I'd recommend NeoAxis engine, please don't make another run of the mill Unity game. (which is a comparative rip off in terms of licensing)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Yeah that's pretty cool, maybe like They Can jump onto lamps and just jump at People, although that would probably be to much.

The disappearing thing was just to avoid thiefs being OP, maybe some hidden weapons aroubd the map or would it start to be like advanced minecraft survival games xD?

Perhaps they can have a skill or something where they have 5 seconds of invisibility, but if they get hit, they take double damage.

[PC Specs]: XFX DD R7850 BE 2GB (Overclocked to 1350 MHz), i7 3770K @ 5.1 GHz, TX860i 80+ Platinum Certified, MSI MPower Z77, 8GB Crucial Ballistix RAM, 4TB WD Black HDD, 128GB Intel 520 SSD.

Perhaps they can have a skill or something where they have 5 seconds of invisibility, but if they get hit, they take double damage.

something like this yeah.

although this probably won't go very well woth the commander mode suggested earlier

By the way guys, I'd recommend NeoAxis engine, please don't make another run of the mill Unity game. (which is a comparative rip off in terms of licensing)

Unity was already marked off for poor use of multi-cores/threads which would be hurt amd cpus.

Maybe when source 2 comes out we could use that? It's supposed to be highly threaded.

Maybe when source 2 comes out we could use that? It's supposed to be highly threaded.

Maybe, but this in being developed in valve years. I still kind of want to give unreal a look since I hear from one of the head devs. at zombie studios who has used unreal engine 4 that it's so easy and you can have a smaller team to use it.

I really do like the Unreal Engine 3 as I've used it for a little bit of Solo tinkerring so I'd love to use Unreal Engine 4 since it'll be nice to use.

Kuzma, on 22 Jun 2013 - 02:38 AM, said:

I really do like the Unreal Engine 3 as I've used it for a little bit of Solo tinkerring so I'd love to use Unreal Engine 4 since it'll be nice to use.

Dude, UDK 4... <3333

Dude, UDK 4... <3333

Yes UDK 4 is probably gonna have gg graphics but I wonder if it'll have OpenCL based Physics? because as I see it with the use of AMD architecture in the PS4 and Xbone means that PhysX is a no-go and we'll start to see it phased out because OpenCL can be used on both (although it is indeed considerably slow on Nvidia with a 770 being < a 7770)

make health pack's a cube of butter

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

make health pack's a cube of butter

I believe it has already been stated that we will have very slow regen times with a chance to die only decreased by treating the wound

How about the medic be a drone that its only purpose is to fix people. While in combat the drone folds up or becomes compact to fit on a person, but while healing is susceptible to enemy fire. 

How about the medic be a drone that its only purpose is to fix people. While in combat the drone folds up or becomes compact to fit on a person, but while healing is susceptible to enemy fire. 

Seems a bit to OP, people would just place it in a corner or in a campy spot, and be un-killable.

That's like in hawken. I like the idea of having an actual medic on your team, each class has a purpose and needs the other classes to survive. Makes team based gameplay essential.

Brutal unforgiving combat with slow or no regen, lazer sheilds, Jetpacks and drones

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

but you already have the key plot character, who just happens to be a medic, and it's not that far in the future.

but you already have the key plot character, who just happens to be a medic, and it's not that far in the future.

oh yeah I forgot lol