Let's Make A Game

Jack.EXE

i think lower end that way it appeals to people who don't have the best performing computer (me :P)

Graphics settings with a very large range could be used to make sure everybody gets to choice between fps and pure immersive graphics :p

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Make it like Counter Strike no ironsights only crosshair and be competitive 

The use of iron sights makes games a lot more competitive, you don't for example see MLG players of any game spray and praying at long distance do you?

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Graphics settings with a very large range could be used to make sure everybody gets to choice between fps and pure immersive graphics :P

I agree on this. If anything we could wait for unreal engine 4 to be unveiled to the public or try using unity since they both are good at scaling.

I agree on this. If anything we could wait for unreal engine 4 to be unveiled to the public or try using unity since they both are good at scaling.

I used to really love the idea of unity but since I recently discovered that it doesn't have multi-core support and extremely limited support for multi-threading even :( so we'd be excluding most AMD users from getting good fps ^_^

I used to really love the idea of unity but since I recently discovered that it doesn't have multi-core support and extremely limited support for multi-threading even :( so we'd be excluding most AMD users from getting good fps ^_^

I didn't know that either that would suck for those gamers and I wouldn't want to exclude them from a game.

I'm no good at programming, but I'm decent at art & Textures. (but I cant model anything.)

Be nice if we could have an actual forum section for this!

I didn't know that either that would suck for those gamers and I wouldn't want to exclude them from a game.

Yea it would really suck xD and it would take away from the community aspect of the game.

I'm no good at programming, but I'm decent at art & Textures. (but I cant model anything.)

Be nice if we could have an actual forum section for this!

I however am (been programming for 8 years now) so that's good ^_^

The use of iron sights makes games a lot more competitive, you don't for example see MLG players of any game spray and praying at long distance do you?

can you explain clearer english is not my primary languague

i5 3570K - HD7870 Hawk - 1TB WD BLUE - 2x4GB Gskill RAM - Corsair Vengeance C70 White 

can you explain clearer english is not my primary languague

Using iron sights is more accurate and more competitive , Major League Gamers use iron sights for this reason.

Using iron sights is more accurate and more competitive , Major League Gamers use iron sights for this reason.

but but Counter Strike QQ, okay

i5 3570K - HD7870 Hawk - 1TB WD BLUE - 2x4GB Gskill RAM - Corsair Vengeance C70 White 

but but Counter Strike QQ, okay

I know what you mean about Counter Strike and it is a very competitive game for some but the majority of players are actual casual.

no alien invasion BUT ALIEN INVADING (WE INVADING ALIENS) GENEUS RIGHT? 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

no alien invasion BUT ALIEN INVADING (WE INVADING ALIENS) GENEUS RIGHT? 

We have pretty much established by now that this game will be about a WW3 scenario.

ok, so we want to be different right? Instead of an invincible masculine hero, we could actually make the main character a female (in the campaign anyway, we'll have customization in multiplayer).

Also, Cinematic (and skippable) cutscenes should be added.

Campaign plot part 1:

You are walking home when you are suddenly find yourself being mugged, you have to fight off the mugger, but ultimately fail.

*cutscene*

He lands his knife in your side and hits you in the head, knocking you down, after which he steals your stuff and runs away.

You begin to drag yourself to the nearest house, to ask for help, but pass out just before you reach the door, as it fades to black, you see the door open and a pair of boots walk out. as the screen is black, you hear the sound of being lifted and laid down on a couch, and you hear the sound of drawers opening and bandages being wrapped.

You wake up, and you see a man no older than yourself tending to your wounds.

"She Lives!" He says

You look around, noticing a neatly folded army Medic uniform on the table across the room.

"what's that?" you ask

"oh, That, I'm a medic, you picked the right house to pass out in front of. I'm actually going to return to service in a month or two."

You Grunt as you feel the bandages being pulled tight.

"that about does it, How do you feel?" He says

"awful"You say

"Get up and get some clothes on, you hungry?"

*End of cutscene*

*Tutorial- Basic Movement & Look*

You put a shirt on that he tosses to you, and you head to the kitchen to see what is being cooked.

You two then exchange names (His is Mason, Yours is Kat), and sit at the table to eat

*two months later*

*Cutscene*

"Are you sure you want to come with me? I mean we could always use more soldiers, but-"Mason Says

"I'm sure, I'm still alive today for a reason, and if I don't take risks, I'll never find it out." You say

"Fine, We'll make a stop at the recruitment office, get you fitted for some armor, and have your physical"

*end of cutscene*

You two walk outside and a big truck is outside, to take you to the base to enter active duty.

I was shared a video on youtube yesterday for a group similar to 2 steps from hell and thought that the music would work well in a game.

I'm all up for the female character I personally feel that females in games could play a stronger role while not being a sex toy. 

yeah, we could use all the help we can get.

I'm trying to figure out a way to make them special, for example having them be the testers for "experimental weapons"(the new fancy flechette guns) and new armor.

and establishing that the person who would become your partner is a medic can help with "The Regen Problem"

We want a way to regen the player, or else they feel that a certain level would be impossible.

Love that beginning story and LOVE THE MUSIC!

Gonna quickly go through that, grammar and spelling fix it then add it to the google doc.

Edited by Kuzma

yeah, we could use all the help we can get.

I'm trying to figure out a way to make them special, for example having them be the testers for "experimental weapons"(the new fancy flechette guns) and new armor.

and establishing that the person who would become your partner is a medic can help with "The Regen Problem"

We want a way to regen the player, or else they feel that a certain level would be impossible.

Agree I on the medic I personally don't like the regeneration process in a game unless its really slow like the witcher 2, but that fits in with him being a mutant. 

Okay I finished updating the document here and having a very slow realistic regen would make sense for example you get shot in the chest, maybe 75% of the time you'll bleed out (it'll take 5 minutes to bleed out, I'm talking about long missions here) but if you bandage up that changes to 25% of the time? That allows players to either choose to spend the time bandaging up but still have a chance to die or have the choice to ignore it and just go for killing and still have a chance to live. Getitng shot in different areas would have different %s obviously based on real life data.

Edit: On a sidenote you should probably update the Main Post with some basic information and a link to the Google Doc

one thing I really liked about GRAW 2 is that you can see your character in first person, as if the camera is mounted on your face.