Let's Make A Game

Jack.EXE

So what will be the main factions in WW3? a new asian conglomerate , european union, north america, south africa. I'm just thinking of a couple of random ones.

Flying Cats that throws furballs at you, then ur character gets fat and dies

Flying Cats that throws furballs at you, then ur character gets fat and dies

Serious suggestions only please.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I'm thinking NATO vs PAC (Pan-Asian Conglomerate)

I'm thinking NATO vs PAC (Pan-Asian Conglomerate)

Hmm I was thinknig about one of the earlier suggestions in which someone said how about a game wher America is NOT the good guy? Something similar to World of Warcraft where the Alliance is seen as the good guys but they have done some things seen as morally incorrect and the Horde is seen to be the bad guys but they have pretty good justification for the wrong things they have done.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

well, seeing how our main audience would be in america, i dont think that would go over well...

well, seeing how our main audience would be in america, i dont think that would go over well...

Well I'm american, and I think it'd be great if there was a game where the US wasn't the good guy for once myself

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

maybe a civil war within america? That could work.

That could work, I don't remember all of the detials of the ideas 100% that were suggested earlier since it's been awhile, but if you go with the civil war in America idea, you could have leave the nation as a gobal power fall, and then other countrys try to fight for the seat left behind causing the war perhaps?  Maybe I'm not the best when it comes to storylines XD

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

nah, I want to keep the ww3 with america the good guy, or else the first piece of plot I wrote would be worthless.

nah, I want to keep the ww3 with america the good guy, or else the first piece of plot I wrote would be worthless.

What about you get into war and you're fighting against other americans (civil war) and you think that you are fighting for the right side no doubts but as you get further and further into the story you find out things that the american government has done that you don't quite agree with. Maybe have a few alternative endings based on a combination of decisions you make throughout the game, it's really not that hard to do with variables.

Great ^_^ it would give a unique feel to the game because I think I speak for a lot of us when I say I'm bored of going into war beating x bad guy because he is trying to take down/communise America using x method and we're part of x special operatives team :lol:

How about the country splits into several factions since the rare mineral can't be decided on properly by the US and fall into a state of civil war and eventually a negative faction wins and the main character is force to evacuate from the country to nato territory.

How about the country splits into several factions since the rare mineral can't be decided on properly by the US and fall into a state of civil war and eventually a negative faction wins and the main character is force to evacuate from the country to nato territory.

Altermative ending possibility, you are about to kill an enemy (cutscene) and you suddenly have a flash back to an earlier part of the story when you were told the one single draw back of NATO's use of the rare mineral and you are given the choice to assist the negative faction by leaving this enemy alive or do you kill him knowing the consciquences?

Also in terms of the engine I'm proposing that we use Cryengine 3, it's out now and it's very powerful with beautiful graphics. Where could we possibly go wrong?

Also in terms of the engine I'm proposing that we use Cryengine 3, it's out now and it's very powerful with beautiful graphics. Where could we possibly go wrong?

I wanted to use Unreal 4 knowing it would be an easy engine to use and I heard that cryengine is more for seasoned game designers, but beautiful graphics is correct look at this ingame pre-alpha vid.

well, I cant run crysis so....

O.o really? You should be able to run it at medium settings at a resonable resolution e.g. 1366x768

O.o really? You should be able to run it at medium settings at a resonable resolution e.g. 1366x768

lol seeing 1366x768 reminds me of a episode from tek syndicate where the cameraman called 1366x768 a demonic resolution. 

I wanted to use Unreal 4 knowing it would be an easy engine to use and I heard that cryengine is more for seasoned game designers, but beautiful graphics is correct look at this ingame pre-alpha vid.

UDK 4 is yet to have a release date so we'd practically be sitting on our hands until then and Cryengine 3 is available now and it is just too nice xD but the engine's difficulty is an upside rather than a downside as it means that a lot more can be done with it ^_^

UDK 4 is yet to have a release date so we'd practically be sitting on our hands until then and Cryengine 3 is available now and it is just too nice xD but the engine's difficulty is an upside rather than a downside as it means that a lot more can be done with it ^_^

True, but its not like we could have gone straight into the engine anyways I mean we still have to finish the plot.  ;)

I really need a new monitor xD all I've ever really owned are laptops so I've got an old 1600x1200 monitor sitting on my desk

I really need a new monitor xD all I've ever really owned are laptops so I've got an old 1600x1200 monitor sitting on my desk

You should get my monitor its only $550 US on sale XD.

I just looked into cry engine 3 we would need to get a license while UDK 4 if it's like UDK 3 then they don't charge a fee until you make $50000 from the game.