Intel vs AMD

Everyone says that Intel is better then AMD. But why exactly is Intel better then AMD in processors?

because their ipc is about 2x that of amds. ipc is important as it means we don't have to have 5ghz 8 core 220w tdps to compete with a low clocked mobile i3 in single threaded.

I'm an Intel fan, take your side or be neutral. Either way, keep it inside.

Mffofcj.gif

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I'm an Intel fan, take your side or be neutral. Either way, keep it inside.

I asked why is Intel better then AMD and not who is intel fanboy and who amd fanboy.

Im neutral on this one myself.. Both companies have their place in the world and in pc's. My personal builds have always been intel and nvidia ever since i was a little kid, ive done builds for friends and family all over the place though depending on what its being used for.

Edit: and to answer your question more directly.. One isnt technically better then the other, they are both great at different tasks and tend to pick up each others slack in most scenarios when built right

I asked why is Intel better then AMD and not who is intel fanboy and who amd fanboy.

Because for the vast majority of tasks and games, single core performance is king.  Something Intel has, and AMD doesn't.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Please keep shit out of this thread.

It's a normal question.

Its a question that has been beaten to death a million times, and the answer remains the same a million times. All you have to do is use google or the search function.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Its a question that has been beaten to death a million times, and the answer remains the same a million times. All you have to do is use google or the search function.

But that doesn't mean you have to post trash.

In terms of straightforward performance as a CPU alone, Intel's solutions are

almost universally more powerful. They usually run cooler and draw less

power - however they also tend to cost a fair amount more.

In short, Intel's solutions are better for those seeking maximum performance.

AMD's solutions tend to be better for those seeking performance on a budget.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

IBM is better.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Intel :

-uses less power

-runs cooler

-more thermal headroom for overclocking

-more expensive

-has 'enthusiast' grade processors (aka top performance)

-better performance per core

AMD :

-cheaper

-more cores (per price)

-better performance per dollar

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

But that doesn't mean you have to post trash.

You're the only one posting trash by not using Google or Search to look up an age-old question.

You're the only one posting trash by not using Google or Search to look up an age-old question.

I have just asked a question. :)

There is no trash.

If I had a dollar for every time there was thread about this, I'd be able to buy a Titan Z.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

In terms of straightforward performance as a CPU alone, Intel's solutions are

almost universally more powerful. They usually run cooler and draw less

power - however they also tend to cost a fair amount more.

In short, Intel's solutions are better for those seeking maximum performance.

AMD's solutions tend to be better for those seeking performance on a budget.

+1

This answer should suffice. And thread should get locked before a flamewar. 

Nothing to see here guys and gals. Just a Mod showing his awesomeness. :)

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

+1

This answer should suffice. And thread should get locked before a flamewar.

Nothing to see here guys and gals. Just a Mod showing his awesomeness. :)

One the answers that helped me alot.

Would be nice to see from AMD Cpu's which can beat Intel Cpu's

Please keep shit out of this thread.

It's a normal question.

You can always go to google and study CPU, Cache and memory architecture by yourself and let information and knowledge make you able to understand a little bit more and have your own opinion.

You, however, came to the forum and asked for other people's opinion.

If you are not pleased with what is being posted by other forum members, please keep your shit out of your thread and respect whatever others post.

On-topic:

There is no "better". There are many different CPU manufactures other than AMD and Intel.

However, in the PC market, AMD and Intel stand out the most because of the purpose of the chips they make.

AMD has more options for lower budget builds whereas the best chips come from Intel.

The reasons for the best Intel chips to be better than AMD's are sometimes difficult to know because if it was that easy to find that information AMD would have already caught up. Many things both of them have in their chips must be patents so there's something to differ them even more.

because their ipc is about 2x that of amds. ipc is important as it means we don't have to have 5ghz 8 core 220w tdps to compete with a low clocked mobile i3 in single threaded.

You have a reason right there. Intel's chips have a pipeline that works really good, even though it's so long. That might be another reason, who knows. It's too complex to understand why one performs better than the other, it's not an exact science.

Also, Intel gave up on their motherboard branch and AMD has a graphics card branch. Intel only has to worries with their CPUs and chipsets.

Bottom line, just because the CPUs from both brands are able to do the same things such as run windows, linux, games, programs, etc that doesn't mean they're the same. They probably share the same idea of multithreading (SMT, Hybrid SMT, HyperThreading, whatever you wanna call it), multicore, different levels of CACHE, data/program FSB, etc but that's about it. How they implement all that in their hardware architecture(all those transistors) is a whole different matter.

If you can afford it, get the best CPU, GPU, etc available. If you can't, get the best bang for your buck focusing on the purpose of your rig. If you prefer AMD/Intel or nVidia/AMD, get whatever you feel more comfortable with.

Life is so simple, no need to complicate it.

*I know shit about CPU architecture but, the little I know, I'm glad to share*

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Personal opinion is that AMD went the wrong route when started the whole module (and to and extent APU's) thing.  It was a end run to increase core counts while keeping so much of their dies dedicated to iGPU's.  In a lot of workloads it just hampers performance coupled with their lower overall performance per clock, I believe you just have a failed product.  They gave up on competing with Intel and it shows.

Also, Intel gave up on their motherboard branch and AMD has a graphics card branch. Intel only has to worries with their CPUs and chipsets.

They're only worrying about their competition against ARM.

Mobile devices, SSD's, compute cards (xeon phi), IGP's, raid controllers, bunch of other things they make http://www.intel.com/products/sitemap.htm

Not been on here for ages and still people post this shit!

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590