Microsoft Just Leaked (a mockup) Windows 9 logo By Mistake!

Akolyte

ITT everybody complaining about how the logo looks.

I just care about the OS.

of course it's ok that you don't care about the logo, but it seems that Microsoft doesn't care either ^^ ( i still rekon, that this is just a placeholder)...

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

"Mistake"

they're just teasing us

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

Windows 9 logo = tiling window manager confirmed for Windows 9?

I hope so.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The Verge says that after contacting Microsoft, that the Windows 9 logo "leaked" was a mockup, not the real thing.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/2/6096207/windows-9-microsoft-china-teaser

And I recall personally seeing this image on the web before.

In fact, here it is, back in August: http://www.dailytech.com/Windows+9+Upgrade+Now+Button+Coming+for+Enterprise+Updates+ARM+Preview+in+H1+2015/article36457.htm

It is by shydesign.com

The Verge says that after contacting Microsoft, that the Windows 9 logo "leaked" was a mockup, not the real thing.

*phew*

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

You people worrying about Metro don't keep up much do you... Microsoft has already said it's keeping metro in Windows 9 with a few tweaks. There will be a desktop for appropriate platforms, but not all, but Metro is staying.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Logos a little dumb , but Windows 8.1 is much better than Windows 7, and Windows 9 is just Windows 8.1 without so much metro integration? If that's the cause I probe won't but Windows 9 unless it's free.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Logos a little dumb , but Windows 8.1 is much better than Windows 7, and Windows 9 is just Windows 8.1 without so much metro integration? If that's the cause I probe won't but Windows 9 unless it's free.

Yes good think it wasn't Microsoft one, and some person on the web that made it.

Windows 9 will be more enterprise and power user focused, and less about experimentation, but more about polishing, as Win9 will be released during the period companies usually do their upgrade cycle.

I am actually excited for windows 9..... but I hope the logo doesn't look like that.

This is the first thing I thought of when I saw the Windows 9 logo:

gamecube-logo-o.gif

Totally made me think of this:

lucas-arts-logo-o.gif

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

its a leaked mock up made by the MS chinise office, its not even final, hence why is horrid

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I kind of like where they're going with Windows 9, but Windows 7 will always be the best.

P.S. I never liked XP

7 was great. 8.1 is just better. Thiz isnt a matter of opinion, 8.1 was is just a superior OS.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

why no one reads the thread and why the OP is not updating the main post, is beyond me.

Because jumping on the Microsoft hate-wagon is more interesting ;)

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

And I recall personally seeing this image on the web before.

In fact, here it is, back in August: http://www.dailytech.com/Windows+9+Upgrade+Now+Button+Coming+for+Enterprise+Updates+ARM+Preview+in+H1+2015/article36457.htm

It is by shydesign.com

I'll update it. Thanks. I've been asleep. I'm in a complete different time zone mate.  

Updated. 

Yes good think it wasn't Microsoft one, and some person on the web that made it.

Windows 9 will be more enterprise and power user focused, and less about experimentation, but more about polishing, as Win9 will be released during the period companies usually do their upgrade cycle.

Yeah, its  bit sad the Army apparently isn't in that cycle.  Don't quote me on this but I once heard that the US army was still on Vista and was upgrading to Windows 8. 

post-42942-0-62102600-1409696563.jpg

Because jumping on the Microsoft hate-wagon is more interesting ;)

And I've also been asleep for the past 9 hours...  and had to turn my phone off to stop getting the bleeps.   -_-.     

Its just the logo.

I know, but I can't help but feel the logo will reflect on the operating system design.   But, in all honesty, all I really care about is that its a good, stable operating system that will be better than 7.   I don't care about metro if its able to be completely disabled. 

This is the first thing I thought of when I saw the Windows 9 logo:

gamecube-logo-o.gif

I never saw that logo in my life.   Because I never played consoles before the playstation 2.  

I was never allowed to play consoles till I was 10. 

And I've also been asleep for the past 9 hours...  and had to turn my phone off to stop getting the bleeps.   -_-.

I am sorry, but it is stated clearly that when you participate in LinusTechTip forum, there is no sleep.

:P j/k

Sure "by mistake" lets go with that.

I believe the majority of leaks these days are on purpose to keep interest at a maximum so people don't forget.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15