Microsoft Just Leaked (a mockup) Windows 9 logo By Mistake!

Akolyte

I am sorry, but it is stated clearly that when you participate in LinusTechTip forum, there is no sleep.

:P j/k

No worries :)  Its updated now anyways. 

Sure "by mistake" lets go with that.

I believe the majority of leaks these days are on purpose to keep interest at a maximum so people don't forget.

or in this case.

Turned people off. 

or in this case.

Turned people off. 

Haha none the less its keeping the topic alive. Regardless if people don't like it there will be someone that does. Anyway its just a logo and the title states "Mockup" meaning not final.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I never saw that logo in my life.   Because I never played consoles before the playstation 2.  

I was never allowed to play consoles till I was 10. 

The GameCube was released a year after the PS2, so that doesn't make much sense.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

The GameCube was released a year after the PS2, so that doesn't make much sense.

Well.   I never played it.   Shows you how off-track I am doesnt it? 

I never saw that logo in my life.   Because I never played consoles before the playstation 2.  

I was never allowed to play consoles till I was 10.

The GameCube was the competing console against the PS2. The GameCube, despite being cheaper than, and more powerful than the PS2, it failed to capture a big audience, putting it in third place. Which is why Nintendo decided to change complete direction with the Wii.

The GameCube startup logo screen is a bit iconic. As it has a few Easter Eggs hidden in them.

If this is just a splash screen logo when you boot your system, who cares? I'm more interested in the actual OS.

Haha none the less its keeping the topic alive. Regardless if people don't like it there will be someone that does. Anyway its just a logo and the title states "Mockup" meaning not final.

I know, but still just seeing a logo with metro tiles in it made me loose all hope for a minute or two.  One of the things I hope Microsoft brings back is the ability to have transparent taskbar and the bar where the exit and minimize buttons are be transparent.  I also hope that in the consumer version of windows 9 Metro can be completely disabled. 

The GameCube was the competing console against the PS2. The GameCube, despite being cheaper than, and more powerful than the PS2, it failed to capture a big audience, putting it in third place. Which is why Nintendo decided to change complete direction with the Wii.

The GameCube startup logo screen is a bit iconic. As it has a few Easter Eggs hidden in them.

I never once heard of the gamecube.  

If this is just a splash screen logo when you boot your system, who cares? I'm more interested in the actual OS.

Because technically the logo reflects at least some parts of the OS style.  For example if the logo shows metro tiles in the shape of a 9.  I would expect there to be some form of metro.  That makes me sad. 

Because technically the logo reflects at least some parts of the OS style.  For example if the logo shows metro tiles in the shape of a 9.  I would expect there to be some form of metro.  That makes me sad. 

Since enterprise is supposed to drop the metro UI, there is still hope.

Since enterprise is supposed to drop the metro UI, there is still hope.

couldn't have said it better myself ;)

Actually I'm more inclined to believe it's representation of the rumored multiple virtual desktops feature than anything else. Also this may just be a press event image for an event where they may discuss that feature among other things.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

This is the third repost.

I'm pretty sure I was the first one to post this? 

Actually I'm more inclined to believe it's representation of the rumored multiple virtual desktops feature than anything else. Also this may just be a press event image for an event where they may discuss that feature among other things.

yeah, your right.  I hope it is. 

This is the third repost.

I think the topics all got merged.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

what?  

what?  

Someone was claiming that this was the third repost of the topic. I know there was at least one repost. I'm fairly sure that the Mods merged the repost thread into the original thread. They do that sometimes if a repost has good discussion going.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Someone was claiming that this was the third repost of the topic. I know there was at least one repost. I'm fairly sure that the Mods merged the repost thread into the original thread. They do that sometimes if a repost has good discussion going.

ooooohhhh.   Okay, well this is post I started.  I just renamed it 3 times as it updated.

I'm pretty sure I was the first one to post this? 

I guess that's what happened cause there were two of these Windows 9 leek posts earlier

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Good thing thats an "early mockup" because it looks like the logo itself was the mistake, not the release of it. I'll be sticking with windows 7 for the next ever. Its my new windows XP.

I am whatever I am.