MSI releases teaser for new Twin Frozr 5 GPU cooler

Whypatch

I wish Sapphire would do GTX. They had some different colors.

I would love to see them outclass EVGA is making the best cards of the brand.

and im here.... waiting on evga :/

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

and im here.... waiting on evga :/

I think they might be sticking with ACX for this generation.

Is that MSI one a triple slot?

I was wondering that as well. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I think they might be sticking with ACX for this generation.

i wouldnt mind :P still waiting on them -_-

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

evga will probably slap their old acx cooler on there.

Well there might be a new revision or something, I'm personally satisfied with my ACX card, though it gets a bit louder under load. Maxwell shouldn't release that much heat though so that might fix it.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Is that MSI one a triple slot?

I was wondering that as well. 

From that angle, that's also what it looks like to me. Here's hoping... and that it also comes in white.

From that angle, that's also what it looks like to me. Here's hoping... and that it also comes in white.

Here's hoping?!? I need a dual slot if I want to run SLI on my mATX board lol. But if you wanted a single card the larger cooler would have advantages. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Here's hoping?!? I need a dual slot if I want to run SLI on my mATX board lol. But if you wanted a single card the larger cooler would have advantages. 

to me triple slot only makes sense on dual-chip cards

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

to me triple slot only makes sense on dual-chip cards

I tend to agree with you, I think dual slot is the sweet spot for most cards. However the increased surface area available from a triple slot cooler would have some thermal advantages.

I tend to agree with you, I think dual slot is the sweet spot for most cards. However the increased surface area available from a triple slot cooler would have some thermal advantages.

Honeycomb heatsink blower design. Why isn't someone working on this shit yet?

Blower cards are a bit of a niche market. Besides airflow for airflow axial fans a quieter than rotary compressors (blower fans), because of the turbulence naturally created by the compressor. 

Axial fans have a lot of advantages if you are ok with venting the heat into your case.

Blower cards are a bit of a niche market. Besides airflow for airflow axial fans a quieter than rotary compressors (blower fans), because of the turbulence naturally created by the compressor. 

Axial fans have a lot of advantages if you are ok with venting the heat into your case.

I'm fine with a computer that makes some noise, I usually listen to music loud enough I can't hear it.

I'm fine with a computer that makes some noise, I usually listen to music loud enough I can't hear it.

plus hwen you stress it aka. play games, you have headphones on anyways

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

these cards are going to be hot hot hot! can't wait to see the core temperatures. and people thought fermi was a hot chip  :rolleyes:

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

these cards are going to be hot hot hot! can't wait to see the core temperatures. and people thought fermi was a hot chip  :rolleyes:

What's your basis for saying that?

What's your basis for saying that?

density. actual heat output will definitely be lower than Kepler, but pulling the heat off of the chip may prove interesting if my hunch is correct. If this gpu launches, and it is efficient, powerful, and core temps are cool, then I will be crapping brix in my pants from excitement.  :D

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Because construction of it with that much copper is a bitch and a half.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Because construction of it with that much copper is a bitch and a half.

Melt the metal, pour it in to a mold? It's not impossible.

Melt the metal, pour it in to a mold? It's not impossible.

Hehehe, it's been tried. When you try to remove the mold either by wind, water, or physical force, the honeycomb cracks. When you have structures that long, thin, and interconnected both structurally and thermally, you get a multi-phase cool, no matter how slowly you bring down the temps. It's a design prone to fracture.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Honestly, I'd rather get the Zotac one. I have a Twin Frozr IV and it's so loud after a certain speed...

Really hope Gigabyte comes out with a bigger fan design for less noise, otherwise I'm going with EVGA.

Honestly, I'd rather get the Zotac one. I have a Twin Frozr IV and it's so loud after a certain speed...

Really hope Gigabyte comes out with a bigger fan design for less noise, otherwise I'm going with EVGA.

Windforce is amazing, and from what I've seen and heard of its implementation on the 750TI, it doesn't get loud at all.