Leaked Photos Show 4.7-inch iPhone 6 Polished Rear Shell with Finer Gray Antenna Breaks

Victorious Secret

Some of you need to take a hike and get off the internet for a while. 

This was a news post. NEWS. PLAIN FUCKING NEWS. Not a iOS v Android v the size of your dick. Why in the name of Zeus does every single post need to turn into that? Are some of you incompetent or just plain stupid and need to be 'that guy' and derail anything you come across? 

GG. You hate Apple. Stay away from posts about Apple then. Conversely, this goes for all the anti-ANY company bashing that occurs on posts that don't warrant it. 

I swear to god most of you still are 12 years old and have no idea how to conduct yourselves, your thoughts or simply when to back off and leave things be. I'm getting tired of having decent threads shit on and dragged through the mud by a bunch of morons.

Nature of the beast I am afraid, as soon as you have fanboys, you get anti-fanboys, then you get a general trend that won't go away, I suspect it is fanboism that is the cause of most wars, not religion. :unsure:

On topic, I actually like this one, was not fan of the original style, but this is starting to look a lot more sleek.

P.S the size of my dick is exceedingly average.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Uh my question is like the HTC M8, what in the heck are those lines in the back of the phone for?

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Uh my question is like the HTC M8, what in the heck are those lines in the back of the phone for?

Antennas.

You can't have an all aluminum chassis and body and not expect signal issues. Those plastic lines are how the antennas grab their signals.

You must not have been around for the original iPhone release. Or any of them after it. Apple has been setting design trends in the industry since 2007. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's just kind of undeniable at this point.

No, I call them iPhone copies because Android's original design was BlackBerry-esque until the iPhone came out. Simple as that. It doesn't even have to cross that line.

The iPhone four set a trend for slimmer phones, I'll give you that, but beyond that I haven't seen anything. HTC has been doing metal phones way before the iPhone 5.

Also, I think the claim of Android being designed with BlackBerry like devices was refuted afterwards.

Finally, seems like you're misconstruing the whole thing anyway. That guys comment was comparing the HTC One to this leak.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Looks exactly how you'd think an iphone would look. Nothing impressive, nothing ground breaking. Rather bland.

Single speaker? Ouch.

To be honest. All iPhones have one speaker. The other is just a mic. Cover up one of the vents and there will be no sound change. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

And now Android is the leading OS by an astronomical margin and it's offering the most out of all the other platforms. And this is coming from an ex Android, current Windows Phone 8.1.1 user. Is it the most stable os? Well no, but it isn't that less stable than WP and iOS.

Android offers the most to it's users and that's a fact no one can deny. It's an amazing and limitless OS. The reason why everyone is bashing it on stability is very simple. How many iOS devices (models) are there? 20-30 total? WP8? 40 total?

There are close to 20 000 android models made from it's release to today. That's 20 000 different devices running the OS. (I read this somewhere in the news a couple of days ago, can't provide link, sorry).

just because there is more of something does not mean its the best....normally it means there the cheapest

It's not really that easy to make a variation of a touch phone. They're all basically the same. Some companies use unique features like changeable back covers, front facing speakers, etc.

This one just lacks any real wow factor for me.

This one does take design cues from the One M8 in regards to the antenna. So I guess they're copying HTC?

until i see IRL ill hold back judgement....when the iphone 5 was announced i was disappointed until i got mine the way if felt in my hand and and hoe thin it was made up for the lack of design... as for copying the htc, the 5 had this similar split back with metal and glass, this design feels like its moving on from the 5 a bit......Really though where can phones go with there design now?  its like tvs, other than gimmicks (yes you 3D and curved displays) they all look the same.  thin, small bezels, big screen......sound familiar?

as phones get thinner they use more of the body as an antenior, you have 3 i think, 1 phone signal, 1 for data and 1 for wifi, they have to be separate from each other otherwise they dont work. so they use the plastic to break them apart

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

just because there is more of something does not mean its the best....normally it means there the cheapest

until i see IRL ill hold back judgement....when the iphone 5 was announced i was disappointed until i got mine the way if felt in my hand and and hoe thin it was made up for the lack of design... as for copying the htc, the 5 had this similar split back with metal and glass, this design feels like its moving on from the 5 a bit......Really though where can phones go with there design now?  its like tvs, other than gimmicks (yes you 3D and curved displays) they all look the same.  thin, small bezels, big screen......sound familiar?

as phones get thinner they use more of the body as an antenior, you have 3 i think, 1 phone signal, 1 for data and 1 for wifi, they have to be separate from each other otherwise they dont work. so they use the plastic to break them apart

Are you trying to say that Gaming PC's are the cheapest? Because there is a lot more of them than consoles. That argument has been raised so many times it makes me sick. To be fair, an iphone is cheap, the hardware outdated (screen resolution still makes me laugh, the density is alright though). But the price is pumped up by Apple.

To be honest. All iPhones have one speaker. The other is just a mic. Cover up one of the vents and there will be no sound change. 

Yeah, I know. I'd have figured a company that puts in as much thought to their products as Apple would have moved on to stereo speakers though. Or at least wireless charging.

At least it's not like the OnePlus where it's actually two separate speakers..but still not stereo :rolleyes:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

The 5 was definitely thin and light. Too light, for me actually. And too small, but that's subjective. I was also really disappointed to see how well it held up, my friends looks like it's been through hell with the worn off anodizing.

If you read some of my other posts, that's pretty much one of the points I drove home. When it comes to smart phones with touch screens they'll all have very similar features. The "they copied x!" statements are stupid.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Yeah, I know. I'd have figured a company that puts in as much thought to their products as Apple would have moved on to stereo speakers though. Or at least wireless charging.

At least it's not like the OnePlus where it's actually two separate speakers..but still not stereo :rolleyes:

We all know Apple no longer innovate though. But at least the iPhones don't blow up in pockets. :P

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

We all know Apple no longer innovate though. But at least the iPhones don't blow up in pockets. :P

It's a shame really, hopefully they don't start floundering like the last time they lost Jobs. Their loss of 10% of the US market over the last quarter was pretty surprising to me. Though I'm sure that will rise with the release of the next phone.

Sapphire screens are cool and all but they're not exactly the first to think of that. Innovation from any company is good as others can learn from it.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

no, they blow up in handbags on planes :P

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Looks exactly how you'd think an iphone would look. Nothing impressive, nothing ground breaking. Rather bland.

Single speaker? Ouch.

Please tell me what phone has a ground breaking design that people actually want. And this isn't the final product. I remember how shitty the 5 looked before final release

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

While i hate the "everyone just copied iPhone" trolling, i can see where it originated from when you look back to when the iPhone first launched

As can be seen here in this Before/After iphone launch picture, after the iphone launched, alot of companies appeared to give up on individual designs and go for that iPhone look. Things have changed now though and the technology has become so mainstream that they all seem to copy each other equally. But i guess there will always be people who stick to their "apple came first" ways.

I actually miss the old days of odd looking phones. Hopefully curved displays will take us back there somehow.

post-72122-0-18452000-1409409295.jpg

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

The iPhone four set a trend for slimmer phones, I'll give you that, but beyond that I haven't seen anything. HTC has been doing metal phones way before the iPhone 5.

Also, I think the claim of Android being designed with BlackBerry like devices was refuted afterwards.

The iPhone set the trend of having a massive touchscreen on the front with a single button. Here's what the first Android prototype looked like:Android-prototype.jpg

Post iPhone:

htc-dream-1.jpg

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Please tell me what phone has a ground breaking design that people actually want. And this isn't the final product. I remember how shitty the 5 looked before final release

I didn't say there was one. However that doesn't change my opinion on the device.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

While i hate the "everyone just copied iPhone" trolling, i can see where it originated from when you look back to when the iPhone first launched

As can be seen here in this Before/After iphone launch picture, after the iphone launched, alot of companies appeared to give up on individual designs and go for that iPhone look. Things have changed now though and the technology has become so mainstream that they all seem to copy each other equally. But i guess there will always be people who stick to their "apple came first" ways.

I actually miss the old days of odd looking phones. Hopefully curved displays will take us back there somehow.

Something worth noting is the shift from buttons to touch screens. It's simply advancement of technology. Every phone on the picture to the left uses a keypad for numbers.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

The iPhone set the trend of having a massive touchscreen on the front with a single button. Here's what the first Android prototype looked like:Posted Image

Post iPhone:

Posted Image

Wrong image?

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Something worth noting is the shift from buttons to touch screens. It's simply advancement of technology. Every phone on the picture to the left uses a keypad for numbers.

Oh i completely agree, its very much the limits of the current technology thats lead to this follow the leader (whomever that may be at the time) design. With everyone jumping on the touchscreen bandwagon at the same time, they were all forced down the same narrow corridor of design. As i said i cant wait for new phone tech like curved/flexible displays (may even see the reemergence of the flip phone which i loved and would allow large screens but small pockets again) I'm also hyped for the tech that allows buttons to raise up through the screen when needed then sink back into phone when not needed leaving no trace. Seen here if your not sure what i'm on about: http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/a-keyboard-that-rises-up-from-flat-touch-screens/

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Are you trying to say that Gaming PC's are the cheapest? Because there is a lot more of them than consoles. That argument has been raised so many times it makes me sick. To be fair, an iphone is cheap, the hardware outdated (screen resolution still makes me laugh, the density is alright though). But the price is pumped up by Apple.

How is the hardware outdated? Just because the A7 has fewer cores and lower clocks doesn't mean it's outdated, it's just able to perform better than the 801 with less, much akin to i3 outperforming fx 8 cores. Resolution matters less than pixel density. By your logic, 1080p screens on a monitor is more than good enough.

Despite the fact Android is a memory hog and every app that runs on it is either Java or poorly optimized C++ with Open Frameworks, I may switch to it the next time I get a phone (probably when I finish my graduate work).

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

How is the hardware outdated? Just because the A7 has fewer cores and lower clocks doesn't mean it's outdated, it's just able to perform better than the 801 with less, much akin to i3 outperforming fx 8 cores. Resolution matters less than pixel density. By your logic, 1080p screens on a monitor is more than good enough.

But you can't let density get beyond a certain point because then text becomes unreadable. I think 23-24" is the perfect 1440p monitor, and I think 4K could work on those as well. After 27" the monitors just become unwieldy and a pain in the butt to move around.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Wrong image?

Indeed. Let me find the right one.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Of fucking stop it. 

If you look at a time line of mobile phone evolution you'll see that the changes have been slow over time, it didn't happen over night, it didn't happen because of one company and it didn't happen the way everyone thinks it did.  Judge each phone on it's own merits not some personal misinformed reinvention of history. 

Every single phone thread seems to get derailed with this debate about who was the first, it's getting tired because no matter how many times people bring up the same stupid arguments the facts don't change. 

EDIT: some reading, have a close look at how phone design was changing slowly:

http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/05/the-evolution-of-cell-phone-design-between-1983-2009/

Please note the full touchscreen phones prior to iphone, and many full keyboard iphones for years after.

I want to like the iPhone 6, finally an iPhone with a usable screen size, but at the same time they are screwing up their design with round edges if this is to be believedd

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R