Share your best customer service experience

Hi since most of the time people complain about how lousy some companies are in customer service, share your best customer service experience so far. 

I'll start with a company i am pretty sure have no problems being in the top of anyone's list.

Logitech is legendary with customer service

I had an old G25, and the power adapter broke. the warranty was way over, but i dropped an email to logitech asking for recommended 3rd party adapters. But got an email back saying they would sent a new one over. This is despite my warranty expiring at least 4 years back.

All i was asked was for my adress and before i can email them a thanks, my adapter had arrived 3 days after asking about it. What great service!!!!

So.... what are your stories???

My 1st Razer Naga had a faulty laser detector, so I sent an email to Razer. They responded the next day, asking me to cut the cable and take a picture showing the cable I had cut and the mouse itself. 4 months later I received a box full of razer goodies, like stickers, key hangers e.t.c. minor things, plus a Razer Lachesis(which at that time had a value of 80Euro). So i guessed they sent me the wrong product. But I didn't say anything. However, 1 week later I received a new Razer Naga in the mail. I didn't pay anything, not even a penny.

I am still very happy about what happend. I don't know if it was a mistake or they wanted to give me a gift for being patient.

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

My 1st Razer Naga had a faulty laser detector, so I sent an email to Razer. They responded the next day, asking me to cut the cable and take a picture showing the cable I had cut and the mouse itself. 4 months later I received a box full of razer goodies, like stickers, key hangers e.t.c. minor things, plus a Razer Lachesis(which at that time had a value of 80Euro). So i guessed they sent me the wrong product. But I didn't say anything. However, 1 week later I received a new Razer Naga in the mail. I didn't pay anything, not even a penny.

I am still very happy about what happend. I don't know if it was a mistake or they wanted to give me a gift for being patient.

wait i don't get it, did you received the naga first or the box of goodies first??

wait i don't get it, did you received the naga first or the box of goodies first??

I said 4 months after I sent the email I got the goodies and 1 week after those 4 months(that I got the goodies) I received the Naga.

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

Every time I walk into pccasegear.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I would say hardware labs I got a broken 360 rad they gave me a replacement for free and also gave me a 240 rad for free just to say sorry. that's what i call extremely good customer service

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

Wouldn't call that great customer service, making you wait 4 months without a mouse

Every time I walk into pccasegear.

I wish I could walk into pccasegear =[

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

One of my best experiences has been with EA (Yeah, it find i hard to believe aswell). I had run out of Crysis 2 key activations and contacted EA customer support. They responded with giving me 150 activations. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I wish I could walk into pccasegear =[

It's just a massive warehouse with a small painted light blue room with a street fighter 2 cabinet, front desk, some waiting chairs, some posters, and some space invaders decal stickers on the walls.

I think I preferred the old location, it was a bit smaller but didn't have much light in the pickup room. It felt a little creepy :) it's weird that one lake that one better.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Telus is great. The experiences I've had in stores were always smooth and their Twitter team is super helpful. They've even sent me plush toys before for free.

Wouldn't call that great customer service, making you wait 4 months without a mouse

Yes but in the end I got 2 new mice. So GG.

I emailed G.skill about a promo package and they responded less than a hour later.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I emailed G.skill about a promo package and they responded less than a hour later.

same here, along with corair :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

same here, along with corair :D

i had sapphire no response from corsair yet

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Usually the best ones are the ones you don't remember. 

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Just asking, has anyone experienced intel?? I have never heard about intel customer service nor use it before...

I had UPS destroy a 2,000 dollar PC I sold to a customer and they flat out told me (1 supervisor and 3 employees) that they do not pay insurance claims and that is just ways to recover from bad quarters.  So I had to eat 580 dollars to fix the unit for the customer and I contacted newegg.  They gave me a few promos and ended up saving me 100 bucks despite it not having anything to do with them.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

My best user experience that I can remember would be from Turtle beach.

Their headsets are really cheap and break easily so I emailed their customer support about both of my headsets being broken. They actually sent me complete new ones after determining that there was no way to fix them. 

I didn't even give them a proof of purchase just the serial number on the headphones.

:D

• 4 weeks later...

I've been fortunate not to have a lot of experience with customer service reps since things just go smoothly. To my knowledge, it's a tie between two instances:

1. I ordered my R4 from Amazon and UPS lost it in transit. Amazon was backordered, but they still managed to overnight me another one the same day UPS reported the first shipment as lost.

2. I needed to activate my Office University edition through Microsoft's calling service because my .edu e-mail had apparently been used already. The rep just took down some basic info about my school and myself, then she gave me the access code to get me going again. No problems aside from an accent barrier.

My RAT MMO 7 spoiled on the day I got it. Went to their office with receipt to say its spoiled. I didn't even call them before or anything, just went straight up to their office to ask for a replacement. And they actually gave me one, they didn't give me any problems like ask for information or told me to wait a few days. Just went there, say it was broken and they replaced it ASAP. Still a pretty bad mouse though, ended up selling it.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

I sent an email to LG regarding a dead pixel on my LCD monitor. They replied imediately via email and called me short after. Short story, my dead pixel monitor couldn't be fixed or replaced but the customer service was impeccable.

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

When I ordered my rig, I also ordered a black optical drive. When the package arrived, it appeared that they sent me a white one. I contacted the supplier and they would let me swap it for free and would ship it for free.

It's not much, but that was the least they could do :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Bought a Samsung NC10 netbook when they first came out, wanted a blue one but could only get a black or white one, took the black one and a month after getting it, the screen died on me, contacted Amazon and asked for a replacement, got the new one the next day and still working after all these years (will need to find a free OS soon as Windows XP is stopping its support next year)

Cry Havoc!

In most recent memory, it would be EA. BF3 was giving me problems and they responded by telling me although it would take a little time to fix it on their end, but they wound up giving me a 20% discount coupon as consolation! Although its pretty much useless as my retailer sells games around 50% below their MRP, it was still pretty nice of them!

Another case would be Logitech. I gave in my mouse as the sensor was going a bit hazy and a week later I got a new one! What I liked was that the support person actually asked if it was working correctly after I got it. :)

PC in Profile