a bad PSU can affect the perfomance of a pc?

Joadc

well i see a lot of hate for the generic PSU's here, im not using it forever, i just ordered a EVGA 600B 80+ Bronze power supply at amazon, when it arrives im just changing the "cancer" you are teling me the generic PSU im using is.

the reason im using this PSU is because this was the one i started using when my pc first arrived, i used this generic one for months without any problem, and was using a GPU at that time, now the GPU is out and im only using it to power the pc since i need to do some work. 

thanks you all for the responses and for recommendations, i will try not to use this PSU anymore until my new PSU arrive, but first of all i need to now if i made a good decision with the EVGA 600B or if i should change the order?

im planing on upgrade my pc in a few months for a i5 3570k and maybe a R9 270x, i read some people that said the EVGA 600B powered their R9 270x without any problem, so thats why i went for it.

btw, no one has answer the real question of the thread, about the fps issues or lag problems, there is no relation between these problems and the PSU?

and just in case, my old PSU was a Corsair CX600.

Just spend a bit of extra money just in case, don't win the terrorist PSU raffle.

I had 3 generic PSUs blow up in my face.

stupid generic PSU's.... always going for the face  :angry:

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

-snip-

Make Sure you have a Fire Extinguisher near you at all times

Because If you Don't Replace that PSU ASAP you can say goodbye to your Components or Worse.. YOUR HOUSE

I Love Dogs and Video Editing

I have a $20 "generic" 400W PSU that's been powering an Athlon X2 and a 512MB 8800GTS for 8 years without a hitch. 

A generic PSU will not be guaranteed to blow up. If you're lucky, it'll actually last quite a while.

Me too, its my brother pc, its running for 4 years now without a problem. Athlon x2 and HD 4850.

Ofc most people would never recommend it, but where i live a 500w corsair psu is 170$++, and i dont see value spending more on the psu, than on the others 3 components....