YouTuber WhiteBoy7thst Arrested

Go to solution Solved by Skylercompany,

I don't understand why the SWAT team can just barge into your house without evidence.

This is partially why I want to leave the United States when I turn 21.

While I agree that SWATTING is a serious issue, how do you suggest they add another level of verification? I can't imagine anything else that they could do. They simply can't take the risk that the call is fake, because if it is real, then sending a regular patrol unit, for example, could jeopardize the safety of everyone involved.

It's all or nothing with SWAT, and when they get a call, they HAVE to go in and check it out. And frankly, I wouldn't want it any other way, because the times that SWAT actually are needed, we definitely want them to be there.

I'm not at a level of understanding where I could suggest measures for them to take. That would be something an expert in the field would have to be consulted for. The main issue I have is what will people do when SWAT is needed but they are too busy raiding a game streamers house instead?

Whatever needs to be done to help prevent this should be done otherwise this could become a real issue. Or at the very least find a way to give consequences to those who are causing this.

He's been released but there has been a $35,000 bond set for him and his girlfriend.

I'm not at a level of understanding where I could suggest measures for them to take. That would be something an expert in the field would have to be consulted for. The main issue I have is what will people do when SWAT is needed but they are too busy raiding a game streamers house instead?

Whatever needs to be done to help prevent this should be done otherwise this could become a real issue. Or at the very least find a way to give consequences to those who are causing this.

Prevention should be the primary concern here. There should be incredibly strict punishments for someone SWATTING another person, and more infrastructure built to allow police to catch SWATTERs. The technical capability is there. You can be damn sure that the NSA would know (or could look up) who initiated a call to police that ended up being SWATTING.

And yeah you can say what happens when SWAT is busy with a fake call, but how can they possibly know which calls are fake or not until they check them out?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Prevention should be the primary concern here. There should be incredibly strict punishments for someone SWATTING another person, and more infrastructure built to allow police to catch SWATTERs. The technical capability is there. You can be damn sure that the NSA would know (or could look up) who initiated a call to police that ended up being SWATTING.

And yeah you can say what happens when SWAT is busy with a fake call, but how can they possibly know which calls are fake or not until they check them out?

Life in prison with no chance of parole for first offence ought to deter anyone  from swatting. Death for the second offense. 

I think it's ridiculous that people are still getting arrested for Marijuana but he should have known better.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

They don't explain whether it was or not but the title saying he was "swatted" infers the act of someone watching the stream calling in a fake call. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be put into jail for the possession I'm just saying that one actual criminal caught by this stupid trend doesn't excuse it's continuation.

Except he wasn't swatted... It's a misleading title.

Can we please end this shit? Anyone who honestly believe's pot should be illegal, is a moron at this point. The police should be doing better things. Also because I can:

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Can we please end this shit? Anyone who honestly believe's pot should be illegal, is a moron at this point. The police should be doing better things. Also because I can:

There's not really a reason for it not to be. Other than the medical and industrial capabilities it should remain illegal.

There's not really a reason for it not to be. Other than the medical and industrial capabilities it should remain illegal.

Based on what, exactly?

It's easily less dangerous than Alcohol and Tobacco, if only for the simple reason that no one ever has died from overdose or as a direct result of cannabis. The same cannot be said for alcohol or tobacco.

In my opinion, it should be a controlled substance like alcohol or tobacco, with a minimum age restriction (19 or 21). All they money they're wasting trying to fight/jail pot users, imagine the tax income instead? Yes they'd still need to spend money to prevent it from getting into the hands of youth, just like with alcohol or tobacco, but with the additional tax revenue, that should be no problem.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Based on what, exactly?

It's easily less dangerous than Alcohol and Tobacco, if only for the simple reason that no one ever has died from overdose or as a direct result of cannabis. The same cannot be said for alcohol or tobacco.

In my opinion, it should be a controlled substance like alcohol or tobacco, with a minimum age restriction (19 or 21). All they money they're wasting trying to fight/jail pot users, imagine the tax income instead? Yes they'd still need to spend money to prevent it from getting into the hands of youth, just like with alcohol or tobacco, but with the additional tax revenue, that should be no problem.

There's no reason to give people yet ANOTHER catalyst for their problems. What do people gain from it? Not really anything just like how they gain nothing from cigarettes or alchohol. 

It's just a way for sad and pathetic people to try and solve their problems by creating a dependency on a substance rather than actually trying to face it head on. There is no point to legalizing it.

Meanwhile, in the Netherlands...an entire nation facepalmed so hard, it ripped a fabric in the space time continuum. 

Wait, so he had some weed?  That's it?

Lol.  Live in one place and that means nothing, live in another and police invade your home and put you in prison.  Good times.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

I'm not even a stoner and I'm not afraid to say that claim is bullshit. Cigarettes and alcohol are legal and have zero medical purpose. The former leads to lung cancer while the latter killed a friend of mine years ago because a drunk driver took her life. If anything, that crap should be what is worthy of wanting to be illegal, not a plant that makes you hungry. Geeze, hysteria does a lot to the general public.

I'm not even a stoner and I'm not afraid to say that claim is bullshit. Cigarettes and alcohol are legal and have zero medical purpose. The former leads to lung cancer while the latter killed a friend of mine years ago because a drunk driver took her life. If anything, that crap should be what is worthy of wanting to be illegal, not a plant that makes you hungry. Geeze, hysteria does a lot to the general public.

*sigh* it isn't hysteria, both alcohol and cigarettes should be illegal yes, both of them cause problems with no practical purpose yes. However the mentality of the general public that somehow *needs* to smoke and drink to feel accepted has caused this. How many 21 year-olds have you talked to don't drink? I bet it's few and far between, the mentality of it is that it's normal, that everyone should drink alcohol. That's a completely different state of mind on the matter and a lot harder to change especially since that is routed all the way back centuries ago.

The point is to not give people this catalyst. A way to drown all of their problems rather than actually deal with them and create a dependency on a substance and allow it to control their lives. Alcoholism is a huge issue, one that for damn sure is never going to go away. Why? Because people have the option and the mind set to put themselves in that situation. Being told that all of your problems can magically "go away" when you drink or whatever creates an addiction. Rather than ever facing the source of the issue, rather than ever overcoming it you just remove all of what made you, you. Just to drink all of your problems away.

It's sad and absolutely pathetic but is par the course for those that are weak willed. Problems arise, complications in life are a given and they are difficult to overcome. Giving up what made you human and made you who you are to have a dependency on a substance and to allow you to control your life makes you nothing more than an empty shell. Not even a real human being, no drive or ambition and a blatant disregard for the other people in your life and the way that your actions affect them.

It's a lot more than, "hey, it doesn't kill us so let's make it legal!" it's about what else it does, so what if you aren't dead? You might as well be.

-snip-

Alright, sorry for implying hysteria, but the general public is still easily convinced with the right play on words.

There are people with legit stress issues, this isn't as bad as forcing them to take questionable drugs to "deal with it". While people might abuse another substance, getting wasted on alcohol can lead to other issues down the line like blood poisoning or killing your liver. There are zero instances of such negative effects with marijuana in contrast. People can't help how their brains are wired, they can't control chemical imbalances. I myself have anxiety issues I wish i didn't have. What's pathetic is prejudging someone over weed.

Little FYI, I smoke ever now and then, rarely, but still I've smoked a few times. Guess what? Unlike other substances, zero addiction or craving. It's been over a year and I'm not exactly going out of my mind with addiction. I'm sorry people don't fit into your ideals on how someone should act when they can't control what's wrong with them. That's as daft as yelling at someone in a wheel chair to walk and then scoffing how it's pathetic they can't do it and lack the will power and depend on a chair for mobility. Seriously, those statements are no better.

There is zero legitimate argument you anti marijuana guys can come up with that sounds persuasive on why it being illegal and other substances that are bad for you are allowed to be legal. Either someone uses it for medical reasons and that's fine or for recreation use and at worst case, get hungry at 1am. Shoot, many famous people smoke pot, even Mr. Microsoft Bill Gates. The only legitimate claim is about those yolo420blazeit posers being annoying, but they're harmless.

Tell me, have you even smoked before or is this some wild claims since I pretty much destroyed any argument on "what else it does" considering; http://www.mpp.org/outreach/top-50-marijuana-users-list.html You mean relieve stress, unlock creativity or just make you chill? I fail to see how any of those things is a negative dependency vs a real drug.

Have you ever considered that some of us simply enjoy it? Based on your arguments anything other than work, eating, sleeping, and sex only for procreation, should be illegal. Including this forum, and any and all pleasureable pursuits not relating to survival and or procreation. Anything pleasureable not related to survival or procreation creates "dependency" (a bullshit word along with addiction in my book) so based on that, lets shut down the internet, and cease 8/10ths of all human endeavours.

OR

We could grow up, blame people for their choices and their actions, instead of blaming a substance which is incapable of making a choice, or taking an action because it's inanimate.

I smoke, usually regularly when I have it, but since I've been out of work for over 2 months now, I haven't had any, instead I've decided to go back to school, and focus my energies there. People are in control of their lives, blaming and outlawing substances gives people an excuse, own up to your actions and take responsibility.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Except he wasn't swatted... It's a misleading title.

He was. Goron City was swatting random twitch streamers that day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqxf_Fc18uQ

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | CPU: i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz | RAM: Corsair DDR4 16GB @ 3000MHz | Case: Fractal Define S Mid ATX | Cooler: H100iV2
Mobo: Aorus z270 Gaming 7 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma @ 400 DPI | Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+
Keyboard: CM Storm (Cherry MX Green) | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50x | Monitor: 27" ASUS 1440p @ 59Hz

There's no reason to give people yet ANOTHER catalyst for their problems. What do people gain from it? Not really anything just like how they gain nothing from cigarettes or alchohol. 

It's just a way for sad and pathetic people to try and solve their problems by creating a dependency on a substance rather than actually trying to face it head on. There is no point to legalizing it.

And you think all people who use it are doing so to hide/run from their problems, rather then enjoying a recreational activity? Yes there are those who abuse it. But guess what, they're abusing it anyway. AND as far as things to be abusing, it's definitely one of the tamest substances. Just like ANYTHING - food, booze, tobacco, you can use anything to run from your problems.

Those who use it responsibly gain a very fun recreational experience that you can't duplicate elsewhere. Those who use it responsibly DON'T have a dependency on it and don't use it to try and solve their problems. Obviously some people have an addictive personality and will abuse cannabis. But guess what, those people need mental health care, and if they don't abuse cannabis, they will abuse food, or video games, or adrenaline, or something else. You're confusing the issue between healthy people using it responsibly and people with mental health issues that should seek medical and/or professional help for their problems.

Haha xD of course he had drugs!

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

This is getting out of hand. Twitch needs to do something soon. If people on twitch are getting people fucking arrested or fined it will only be a matter of time before someone ends up dead, shot by the police. Take a team of police being tipped off about a guy with a bomb or a gun. Take a person chilling playing games who isn't suspecting anything bad to happen and bam. You create a lovely situation of hostility and confusion that can end in someones death. People are fucking morons and twitch (now google) should work with the local authorities to track down who tipped them off and punish them. Simple as that. they are wasting peoples resources and time, and they might ruin peoples lives.

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

You're a poop head.

You're an idiot. 

While I disagree with him, let's keep the name calling out of this, please. LTT is a forum where we can have discussion about differing opinions without resulting to name calling. Rather, you should refute his claims with logic and reasoning.

You're an idiot. 

Don't call people idiots :D 

This is getting out of hand. Twitch needs to do something soon. If people on twitch are getting people fucking arrested or fined it will only be a matter of time before someone ends up dead, shot by the police. Take a team of police being tipped off about a guy with a bomb or a gun. Take a person chilling playing games who isn't suspecting anything bad to happen and bam. You create a lovely situation of hostility and confusion that can end in someones death. People are fucking morons and twitch (now google) should work with the local authorities to track down who tipped them off and punish them. Simple as that. they are wasting peoples resources and time, and they might ruin peoples lives.

Even with a bomb threat police don't go in guns blazing. There's at least 3 bomb threats a year at the schools in my area and guess what? No one's died, just stupid 14 year olds getting arrested.

The streamers need to (in Whiteboy's case) not break the law, and not give out personal info or hide their information so they don't get doxxed or whatever it's called. When a streamer says his name and his city it's sometimes just a Yellowpage search and a 4chan troll away to a police visit. Remember he was arrested on drug possession, this isn't just a stupid prank and a stream shouldn't give anyone special treatment.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Even with a bomb threat police don't go in guns blazing. There's at least 3 bomb threats a year at the schools in my area and guess what? No one's died, just stupid 14 year olds getting arrested.

The streamers need to (in Whiteboy's case) not break the law, and not give out personal info or hide their information so they don't get doxxed or whatever it's called. When a streamer says his name and his city it's sometimes just a Yellowpage search and a 4chan troll away to a police visit. Remember he was arrested on drug possession, this isn't just a stupid prank and a stream shouldn't give anyone special treatment.

This. Use a VPN, don't use skype, or at least don't show people your skype handle. Keep your information limited.