Tony Stewart May Have Just Killed A Fellow Racer(Not In NASCAR)

xRAGExSounDxRIOTX

I don't even care for Nascar or the like when it comes to autosports, but this is surreal. But wow, even a 5 year old is told not to run towards a street because of cars, what the hell was he even trying to accomplish storming onto a track with racing vehicles? 

You can clearly hear him Rev up exactly when it happens. I don't know about this cars and if it's true that it would be done intentionally or not but it's for damn sure he saw him and could have slowed down or driven away from him, he was at the very least criminally negligent but likely murder since he is a pro and can control the car that precisely

-------

Current Rig

-------

Apparently he has thrown his helmets at cars in the past.

Who, the kid? I'm talking about Stewart punching people in the face. He's punched reporters and multiple drivers over the years. His first reaction when someone pisses him off is violence.

There is also no reason for him to down shift to avoid an accident. The only split second reaction is to hit the clutch and the brake. He had hundreds of feet to "slow down", but it was at the very last second that the motor revs. 

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

I'm sorry, do you need traction to signal?

What..? I cannot understand what you mean by that.

Who, the kid? I'm talking about Stewart punching people in the face. He's punched reporters and multiple drivers over the years. His first reaction when someone pisses him off is violence.

Nope, Tony. I've never heard about the punching people thing.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Nope, Tony. I've never heard about the punching people thing.

Just start typing "Tony Stewart Punches" into Google, and you'll see all of them. I've followed NASCAR for years and have never liked Stewart because of the way he acts.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

What a piece of white trash. Hope he gets prison time, but he probably won't because he has money.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Just start typing "Tony Stewart Punches" into Google, and you'll see all of them. I've followed NASCAR for years and have never liked Stewart because of the way he acts.

Holy crap Tony has issues. I've never really followed NASCAR but the amount of work it seems to control the car is insane. I prefer Tudor Sports Car Racing, Pirelli World Challenge, and Formula 1(not this year though) because of the diversity of sounds and looks.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

He hit the guy before the engine reved. Probably either down shifting or a sudden reflex after realising he hit someone. 

Da Faq was that guy doing in the middle of the track, he almost got hit by another seconds before being actually being hit. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

He hit the guy before the engine reved. Probably either down shifting or a sudden reflex after realising he hit someone. 

Da Faq was that guy doing in the middle of the track, he almost got hit by another seconds before being actually being hit. 

But Stewart didn't hit him because he couldn't get out of the way. The front end of the car never touches him. It was the back end of the car that came around and smacked him. If it was just that Stewart couldn't get out of the way, he would have hit him with the front of the car, not the back. Even if he some how didn't see him, which is impossible, and he was reacting at the last second, he would have spun out from trying to avoid him. It was a controlled and intentionally move. 

Taking a line towards the guy unlike all the other cars, under caution, he wasn't slowing down. He blipped the throttle, probably wasn't intending to kill him, but that's still 2nd degree murder or at least manslaughter. Disgusting.

But Stewart didn't hit him because he couldn't get out of the way. The front end of the car never touches him. It was the back end of the car that came around and smacked him. If it was just that Stewart couldn't get out of the way, he would have hit him with the front of the car, not the back. Even if he some how didn't see him, which is impossible, and he was reacting at the last second, he would have spun out from trying to avoid him. It was a controlled and intentionally move. 

It would not be impossible to not see the person on track. 

1. its dark and there is no head lighting

2. Its high speed and glancing at the car ahead of you could be difference of seeing the man on the track or not. 

3. No one is expecting a driver to out in the middle of the track and so I doubt Stewart was looking for a human obstacle. 

4. The man who was hit had a black suit on and it was dark. 

5. Those cars don't look like they have the greatest visibility in the first place

Now from watching a different video its apparent that the crash scene is just after a high speed corner. Stewart before hitting the man on the track would just have been coming out of turn when he hit the person on the track. 

Now as for avoiding the man on track, there would appear to be no distinct sign of swerving but if the car was not turning it wouldn't have hit the man on the track. The car had to have turned of course but this is where I don't believe it was intentional. If Stewart had gone out of control to avoid the man on the track he would judging by the number of cars that passed by him following the accident, there would have a been a huge pile up and chances more people would have ended up hurt. It is to my knowledge still taught where I live at least with wildlife to not try to suddenly stop or swerve to avoid as far worse incidents have occurred as drivers can loose control of the vehicle.

Stewart held control of the car the complete time but I would have to say this is more to do with instinct and frankly just not seeing the man in the middle of the track in time to try and find a safe "escape route". 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Deadspin seems to have the most info from what I've seen. A guy that races those cars says visibility would not be an issue. The caution flag was out. Witnesses say Tony gunned it and that everyone who's knows anything about those cars know that when it happens the tail comes out. I think he tried to scare him and killed him instead. Either way, from the result he should be jailed and at the very least never allowed in a race car again.

2. Its high speed and glancing at the car ahead of you could be difference of seeing the man on the track or not. 

3. No one is expecting a driver to out in the middle of the track and so I doubt Stewart was looking for a human obstacle. 

5. Those cars don't look like they have the greatest visibility in the first place

Now from watching a different video its apparent that the crash scene is just after a high speed corner. Stewart before hitting the man on the track would just have been coming out of turn when he hit the person on the track. 

Now as for avoiding the man on track, there would appear to be no distinct sign of swerving but if the car was not turning it wouldn't have hit the man on the track. The car had to have turned of course but this is where I don't believe it was intentional. If Stewart had gone out of control to avoid the man on the track he would judging by the number of cars that passed by him following the accident, there would have a been a huge pile up and chances more people would have ended up hurt. It is to my knowledge still taught where I live at least with wildlife to not try to suddenly stop or swerve to avoid as far worse incidents have occurred as drivers can loose control of the vehicle.

Stewart held control of the car the complete time but I would have to say this is more to do with instinct and frankly just not seeing the man in the middle of the track in time to try and find a safe "escape route". 

Poorly light, yet a crappy cellphone camera can see the guy perfectly clear from much further away. The guy also had a clear line of sight to Stewart, long before Stewart got there, and was making it obvious he was trying to get his attention. If he can see Stewart, Stewart can see him. Stewart also has a spotter who tells him EVERYTHING that is going on around him on the track. That spotter, with binoculars, and a radio listening to all the other radio traffic, knew full well that the guy was there to warn Stewart. Stewart was also already slowed down long before he reached the other driver because they threw the caution the previous lap.

When Stewart reaches him, he goes past without touching him, but just as his right rear wheel is about to go past he cuts the car IN the direction of the other driver and then snaps it back the other way to intentionally fishtail into him and guns the engine. The right rear tire smacks into the driver and spits him down the track from Stewart gunning the engine.

He probably didn't intended to kill the guy, but he did intend to hit him. By law, that's second degree murder as murder does not require intent. Second Degree Murder is "depraved indifference", meaning you deliberately performed a dangerous action that resulted in a person's death. 

Deadspin seems to have the most info from what I've seen. A guy that races those cars says visibility would not be an issue. The caution flag was out. Witnesses say Tony gunned it and that everyone who's knows anything about those cars know that when it happens the tail comes out. I think he tried to scare him and killed him instead. Either way, from the result he should be jailed and at the very least never allowed in a race car again.

this is part I don't understand how did he "gun it" You could hear a short burst but nowhere near enough to increase the speed by a significant amount. Now of course giving a quick shot of throttle wouldn't be what I would do if it was driving but that is just that. I was not driving and everyone reacts differently to situation. And I ll take visibility off my list of reasons why he may no have saw the man on the track. 

Spoiler

Right it was so dark that a camera 200 feet away captured it perfectly. He did not slowed down after a crash he caused and was not expecting it to still be there Seconds afterwards. You really sound like a terrible attorney.

-------

Current Rig

-------

this is part I don't understand how did he "gun it" You could hear a short burst but nowhere near enough to increase the speed by a significant amount. Now of course giving a quick shot of throttle wouldn't be what I would do if it was driving but that is just that.

Not trying to increase the speed, but to lose traction and goose the rear end out at the kid, like a dog kicking dirt on its shit. I don't know sprint cars very well, and some are saying racers do that to keep their engines from stalling and their tires warm under caution, but every other driver seemed to have no problem navigating without that kind of action.

As far as gunning it is concerned, it wasn't about speed, it's about fishtailing, which would happen before any increase in speed if there was to be one. So speed wouldn't have been the intention, the movement would have.

Other than that, we're all watching the same poor video really, and it's pretty speculative. In my unprofessional and humble opinion it was extremely negligent at best. That negligence should result in him not being in a race car again for the safety of other drivers. The victim was negligent too, but he's dead now, so you really can't take anything away from him.

Poorly light, yet a crappy cellphone camera can see the guy perfectly clear from much further away. The guy also had a clear line of sight to Stewart, long before Stewart got there, and was making it obvious he was trying to get his attention. If he can see Stewart, Stewart can see him. Stewart also has a spotter who tells him EVERYTHING that is going on around him on the track. That spotter, with binoculars, and a radio listening to all the other radio traffic, knew full well that the guy was there to warn Stewart. Stewart was also already slowed down long before he reached the other driver because they threw the caution the previous lap.

When Stewart reaches him, he goes past without touching him, but just as his right rear wheel is about to go past he cuts the car IN the direction of the other driver and then snaps it back the other way to intentionally fishtail into him and guns the engine. The right rear tire smacks into the driver and spits him down the track from Stewart gunning the engine.

He probably didn't intended to kill the guy, but he did intend to hit him. By law, that's second degree murder as murder does not require intent. Second Degree Murder is "depraved indifference", meaning you deliberately performed a dangerous action that resulted in a person's death. 

I bet the lighting is totally different once you are street level with the track. The guy may have seen Stewart but that does not mean the driver (Stewart) saw the man. That is a huge assumption to make. I'm not saying that Stewart did or did not see him, but both could see each other then its clear as day Stewart hit the other driver and made no changes to even try to avoid the man on the track and would have seemingly purposely made the tail swing and hit the driver. If Stewart did not see the man on track its not as simple you can't say it intentional, the sudden throttle burst could have been a reaction of Stewart after realising he was inches away from the man on the track. Or could very well have been an intentional act to collide with the man on the track. 

Then there is yet another side to this that the video can not show, yet could very well have happened. Stewart may have seen the man on the track and figured (potentially out of arrogance) that he had enough room to pass the man on the track. Meanwhile do the close proximity of Stewart car the man on track thinks the car is stopping, which appears to be what he wanted. Son in this twisted mindset the man on the track steps toward Stewart's car, but I would only be too late to before the man could realise that Stewart was in fact not stopping and was much closer than he appeared to be. It would not be the first time something like that happened. 

Spoiler

Right it was so dark that a camera 200 feet away captured it perfectly. He did not slowed down after a crash he caused and was not expecting it to still be there Seconds afterwards. You really sound like a terrible attorney.

Ever been to a real theatre with a live performance? Photography is very possible but not all that great I have to admit from the seating area, this area will have some lighting but not much. Go on the stage and you can't see shit, unless they have lights on pointed at the stage. The lighting is going to be completely different, its intended to gibe the spectators the perfect view of the action. 

Well I guess that why I'm not an Attorney

Not trying to increase the speed, but to lose traction and goose the rear end out at the kid, like a dog kicking dirt on its shit. I don't know sprint cars very well, and some are saying racers do that to keep their engines from stalling and their tires warm under caution, but every other driver seemed to have no problem navigating without that kind of action.

As far as gunning it is concerned, it wasn't about speed, it's about fishtailing, which would happen before any increase in speed if there was to be one. So speed wouldn't have been the intention, the movement would have.

Other than that, we're all watching the same poor video really, and it's pretty speculative. In my unprofessional and humble opinion it was extremely negligent at best. That negligence should result in him not being in a race car again for the safety of other drivers. The victim was negligent too, but he's dead now, so you really can't take anything away from him.

In my town there a mishap with a on road construction site my Dad was managing. A flag person got ran over by fully loaded dump truck and trailer. The flag person was walking backwards directing a car while the dump truck was backing up right behind them, the flagman walked into the dump truck. The flag person wasn't aware of their surroundings and the truck driver didn't have spotter when backing up. Both parties didn't do the correct actions. The official report was not made totally public but what was released was that neither involved was totally at fault, yet the flag person who was ran over an pinned under a gavel truck died. You tell me who should have been at fault more. 

I have to say from that kind of situation I have realised the obvious people don't win when the hit by larger objects, and for that reason I have say going out into the middle of race track is just plain foolish. Both the race car accident and the dump truck accident could have been avoided if people took just a little more time to pay attention and look at their surroundings and use better judgement. 

Spoiler

NASCAR is the most idiotic motosport ever... this is their logic: turn right or turn left at the highest speed!

Erm, I just watched the video. There's no way it was Tony Stewart's fault.

The dude that died walked out into the track pointing aggressively, actively trying to get in front of Stewart's car. He was dressed in black, in poor light. The revving seemed to occur after he'd been hit.

To my eyes it was almost certainly not intentional. Like seriously what the fuck was Ward expecting, that was beyond stupidity.

Because he intentionally hit the guy. That's still murder. The guy was dumb for being on the track, but he was not hit randomly on accident. Everyone who saw it says Stewart intentionally drove towards the other driver and hit the gas when he got close.

This was not a racing accident.

Clearly you don't know anything about those cars and racing on dirt tracks.

Ward was hit by the rear of the car when it fishtailed trying to steer around him.

You need to give the car some gas to be able to maneuver properly.

He was the author of his own demise.

1) Got out of his car, unless your car is on fire, you NEVER exit the vehicle until track crews arrive.

2) Wearing a black racing suit with a black helmet on a track operating at NIGHT.

3) Walked into the middle of the track TOWARDS moving vehicles.

Clearly you don't know anything about those cars and racing on dirt tracks.

Ward was hit by the rear of the car when it fishtailed trying to steer around him.

You need to give the car some gas to be able to maneuver properly.

He was the author of his own demise.

1) Got out of his car, unless your car is on fire, you NEVER exit the vehicle until track crews arrive.

2) Wearing a black racing suit with a black helmet on a track operating at NIGHT.

3) Walked into the middle of the track TOWARDS moving vehicles.

c8d59c8a980d127f60866dae46bc8f89.png

Right so much like theater, racing, a dangerous precision competition requires poor lighting conditions, it's better for the drivers NOT to be able to see clearly right?

And getting past that nonsense we still got the issue of him speeding up and recklessly driving because he did not see him (again, lol) and didn't remember about the wreck he caused seconds ago.

I don't know if this guy it's popular, you want to appear knowledgeable about the sport or you just like having an opposite view for the hell of it but there's no way he wasn't at the very least criminally negligent

-------

Current Rig

-------