So I was in a car accident yesterday...

bcredeur97

title says all. But there is one problem. Since the guy who shall remain anonymous slammed on his brakes and I hit him from behind, im at fault...

The car accident was somewhat minor, The guy I hit recieved some scratched paint and a good size dent but as you can tell by the pic I recieved quite a bit more...

and im only 16... so ya this is gonna be a big problem money wise... considering with my current job I only get $40 in my pocket each week after everything is payed for (insurance, gas, etc.)

and I know a lot of you will say "pics or it didnt happen" so here: http://imgur.com/Bl5DPID :/

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

against COC, please don't beg for moneys.

We can give advice but not money.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

and I know a lot of you will say "pics or it didnt happen" so here: http://imgur.com/Bl5DPID :/

Is that Corolla also remove the bit about money as it's against CoC.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Nice to hear that you're alright at least. (And that the other guy isn't doing the whole "i've got whiplash" routine) 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I reccomend watching youtube videos on how to do the head light repair you're self you will save quite a bit of money. Considering that the only damage

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Better get a few pillows ready when insurance is gonna go in.

you should have talked to the dude and gotten it sorted out without going through insurance.

Ridiculous, I know, the best way in the states to deal with an accident is to avoid going through insurance if avoidable.

Error: 410

Yeah... See here's the thing. You're 16, borrow the money from your parents and pay them back, STOP ASKING FOR DONATIONS.

This won't ruin your life.

This is part of being able to drive.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

title says all. But there is one problem. Since the guy who shall remain anonymous slammed on his brakes and I hit him from behind, im at fault...

The car accident was somewhat minor, The guy I hit recieved some scratched paint and a good size dent but as you can tell by the pic I recieved quite a bit more...

and im only 16... so ya this is gonna be a big problem money wise... considering with my current job I only get $40 in my pocket each week after everything is payed for (insurance, gas, etc.)

and I have to pay to get my car fixed since my insurance will only pay for the person I hit. The ticket I received is supposedly $275 so another ouch there.. I have enough money to pay for the ticket but not much else..

or you could just sell your car? if your only 16 then you dont need one.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Better get a few pillows ready when insurance is gonna go in.

you should have talked to the dude and gotten it sorted out without going through insurance.

Ridiculous, I know, the best way in the states to deal with an accident is to avoid going through insurance if avoidable.

Hes 16 his premiums are probably already out of the roof. But now its probably gonna be terrible

Yep you're at fault for being slow and not reacting fast enough. 

Also duct tape + dremel = fixed bumper. 

Also that is no car accident, I thought of a car being absolutely rekt. More of a small bump.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Glad you're alright but asking for donations is not the best way to go about it. Either have your parents pay for it and pay them back, save up with money made from your job, continue to drive with the car in its current state or lastly, make sacrifices in order to put more money towards the repair.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Quick tip quickie:

If the person in front of you slams their breaks, you do the same and move off to the side to prevent an accident.

and I have to pay to get my car fixed since my insurance will only pay for the person I hit. The ticket I received is supposedly $275 so another ouch there.. I have enough money to pay for the ticket but not much else..

The only reason I am posting here is because i know a lot of people on here are very friendly and it would make my day if you guys could help in any way.

If any of you could be generous enough to help me, I would be very grateful. I hate asking for handouts... but when your poor i guess you have no other choice sometimes... And I dont really want it to be like im asking anyone for anything. Please only help me if you feel like helping me, Im not going to beg, I dont want to make enemies of anyone here. So if you want to help, I ask that you PM me. If I am not allowed to post this on the forum, I apologize. I just really need some help right now..

That sucks that you got a ticket - why did you get a ticket too? But really, the least of your concerns is paying the ticket and fixing your car.

That is an extremely easy fix, grab a hammer, pound out that dent, and replace the headlight. You can get corolla headlights off amazon for dirt cheap, or go to a salvage yard. 

Here's my corolla after rear ending someone:

Zoe8xWF.jpg

Needless to say, it was Totaled. I could have very easily replaced the radiator, fan, bumper, panels, hood myself. But it had 300k miles, just about.

Your insurance, between the accident and ticket, is going to skyrocket. Try getting on your parent's insurance as longa s you are living at home, it will be cheaper. 

Also, try to get a better Job. What are you doing that you only get $40/week? I was making 300/week at my first Job fixing computers.

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

-Snip-

The bumper looks mint, Was the car infront a truck?

Your 16 and driving? How? 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

16 is way too young to be driving, IMO, but that's a debate I don't want to start/get into. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

At least you're not in the hospital or dead.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

I had the same kind of accident a few years ago, front left. Sucks man, as long as you're ok though. In my case insurance paid for everything.

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Legal age in the US. In some States you can start at 15.

16 is way too young to be driving, IMO, but that's a debate I don't want to start/get into. 

Depends on height and maturity. I agree with you for the most part though. These people around highschools are fucking insane when they drive.

Learn from your mistake.  If you are close enough that the car in front of you taking evasive maneuvers(including maximum braking) causes you to hit them, you are entirely too close in the first place.

16 is not too young to drive.  I was racing cars and motorcycles earlier than that.  The training for drivers in the US is abysmal.  It's basically, here's the gas, there's the brake, turn this thing to steer.....ok you're good to go.  

That's the legal license age in the US.

EDIT- Also, you're*