[RANT] Racism present in modern society

NeatSquidYT

Not exactly what I meant, what I meant was the evolution of racial equality, meaning how far racial equality has come

Oh.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

One person hating or making fun of a person from another country isn't racism. Hating or making fun of another race is racism.

Personally I think joking about it probably helps it a little bit. It might hurt some people, sure, but if everyone can learn to joke about it then racism will become exactly that - a joke.

Yes, I can take some as jokes, but what I said was when people start to think that these are all true, that's when the line has been crossed.

Yes, the Africans did, but only for greed. Also, yes I know that stereotypes are always going to be present, but repeated use of these stereotypes annoy me.

Don't take things so personal. I was in an American clan that played Tactical S&D on CoD4 a couple years ago, i got called Limey a lot, and some other things i can't be arsed remembering, simply because i didn't give a shit.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Accidentally liked, anyway, wrong. Racism is still present and it needs to go away.

Yes racism exists, but now its frowned apon and straight up illegal. Instead of focusing on the tiny amount of actual racism (by actual racism I mean people  being excluded and hurt by it, not chicken jokes) that still exsists, look at how much racism has decreased over the years. Racism these days is hardly a problem IMO, and people just sometimes need to stop talking about it, as morgan freeman said, the only way to get rid of racism is to stop talking about it.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Don't take things so personal. I was in an American clan that played Tactical S&D on CoD4 a couple years ago, i got called Limey a lot, and some other things i can't be arsed remembering, simply because i didn't give a shit.

If it's on CoD, I don't care, but if it's people that I know are clever, and smarter to know better, then that's when I know that it's gone too far. It's real life experiences that I get annoyed about

Yes, because it's much easier to generalize the world than accept that it is full of nuance.

Well when a lot of people happen to fit the mold, yeah I'll agree with SOME stereotypes.

Racism will always be present.

The way people express it needs to change.

Luckily,that's happened.There are only a few who are real racists nowadays.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

PC MASTER RACE FOR LIFE!!!, Screw the console peasants!

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

CtYpcHo.jpg

Ehehehe.

Yes racism exists, but now its frowned apon and straight up illegal. Instead of focusing on the tiny amount of actual racism (by actual racism I mean people  being excluded and hurt by it, not chicken jokes) that still exsists, look at how much racism has decreased over the years. Racism these days is hardly a problem IMO, and people just sometimes need to stop talking about it, as morgan freeman said, the only way to get rid of racism is to stop talking about it.

It has decreased, but is present. Also, pirating is frowned upon and is illegal, but is still huge, so I view that argument as invalid

If i say i hate french people is that racist?..

Yep.

Racism will always be present.

The way people express it needs to change.

Luckily,that's happened.There are only a few who are real racists nowadays.

Yes. That's very true.

France.+Source+Imgur_69a20e_4898810.jpg

Jokes aside, i have french foreign exchange students stay at my place for a couple weeks at a time, they're generally nice, and they're teenage girls. :P

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

So the french are a race?

People who are natively french, yes, but people who have immigrated to France and are not technically french, no.

People who are natively french, yes, but people who have immigrated to France and are not technically french, no.

Still.. French people man.. This is probably bad, but the french are the only people that i truly despise. 

I predict that in 13 pages (if it isn't locked) the only difference between this page and the last will be the addition of gun ownership and crime and religious discourse. 

If it's on CoD, I don't care, but if it's people that I know are clever, and smarter to know better, then that's when I know that it's gone too far. It's real life experiences that I get annoyed about

Racism at its very root is a survival instinct (just like the flight/fight response), this is heavily tied into the core of humanity,  it will take a long time to overcome the irrational part, just like even now we still suffer anxiety and fear of things that are no longer a danger.      I am not excusing it, just pointing out why it happens and why it will take decades/centuries to properly dissipate. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It has decreased, but is present. Also, pirating is frowned upon and is illegal, but is still huge, so I view that argument as invalid

Pirating and rasicm are completly different things. Piracy isn't frowned apon in society. + If rasicm  were to become legalised it would have much worse consequences than is piracy was legalised. I mean I don't understand why you care so much about this? Racism that actually causes harm these days is extremely rare, the only types of racism you see these days are racist jokes, which I don't even class as being racist.

If Everyone kept their opinions to themselves it would be a much better, easier world, everyone has their opinions and their own views on types of people, but so what? honestly I think threads like this shouldn't be opened because all they do is cause trouble and don't achieve anything.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

I predict that in 13 pages (if it isn't locked) the only difference between this page and the last will be the addition of gun ownership and crime and religious discourse. 

Racism at its very root is a survival instinct (just like the flight/fight response), this is heavily tied into the core of humanity,  it will take a long time to overcome the irrational part, just like even now we still suffer anxiety and fear of things that are no longer a danger.      I am not excusing it, just pointing out why it happens and why it will take decades/centuries to properly dissipate.

That's very true. Thanks.

It's hard not to be a stereotype when you walk by a KFC and the whole thing is filled with black people. :P I should have been born black since i love fried chicken and watermelon!

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Pirating and rasicm are completly different things. Piracy isn't frowned apon in society. + If rasicm  were to become legalised it would have much worse consequences than is piracy was legalised. I mean I don't understand why you care so much about this? Racism that actually causes harm these days is extremely rare, the only types of racism you see these days are racist jokes, which I don't even class as being racist.

It's the same as why people are homophobic. It's, to me, stupid. What I perceive to be racist may be different to you, but I have very strong views, so I feel strongly about the subject.

Not the only one.

Ehe.

Not really.I just don't like some of them.

I mean,they think of all Romanians as Gypsies for some reason.Maybe not all of them,but they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1FCUmnV7bQ

Here's the French's view on the Romanian salute, which they portray as begging.

Heck,they discovered a dinosaur who lived on stealing,who was a relative to another dinosaur species in Romania and they called him..."the gypsy dinosaur".Or something pretty close to that.

The French are racist people.

NOTE: ANY MORE RESPONSES WILL BE IGNORED