Show off your latest purchases

Galaxy S7 Active, Traded in my S6 and got me an S7 Active (Yay AT&T). The phone is a billion times faster and better.....Except for the AMP and DAC. God I miss the S6's audio quality. Exynos 7420 had better audio...Then again the sound quality of my S4 Active's Snapdragon 600 was better than the S6's so idk 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

@Bleedingyamato New specs are in profile, got an EVGA Supernova P2 unit instead since it was on sale. :D

Also received my AM4 bracket for my cooler and was curious what it would look like in push-pull with a couple Corsair fans I wasn't using..should I keep it this way?IMG_20170528_222915.thumb.jpg.a9fa44091e6ac8dd5043385c1731a8e6.jpg

IMG_20170529_010606.jpg

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

That's too bad...    She's cute.    I just got season 1 of that series on Blu-Ray.  Haven't watched it yet but I plan to soon.  

How many more seasons are there?

Awesome!  I'm very likely getting this one too.  Hopefully very soon.  

Does it look better in person?    I'm sort of on the fence (no pun intended) about the look of the shroud.

How's the sound level when gaming?  

Any other details that would be helpful to know before I'd buy it?

Idk if call them outstanding.  They had to redesign them to the ICX cooler to solve those overheating issues.  Then with the 1080 ti coolers they did that odd fence design that somewhat unsure if I like it.  

MSI?    Why that card?

As long as it's an ICX version so it doesn't have issues.  

Is a titanium PSU worth the added cost?

Does it work?    If it does why would they throw it out?    Idk how it compares to newer cards but pretty sure it's not useless.  

How long does the drive fly for?    I keep wanting one but they always have such terrible flying time.    Like 15 minutes and then I'm supposed to wait however long for the battery to recharge.  ?

Where'd Dogmeat come from?  ?

Sound of the card is up to you. Put it in the slave bio and just put it on quiet through precision X or put it on aggressive. I'm seeing temps in the 50's on aggressive in the Witcher 3 maxed out at 3440x1440p. Fans only spinning at 2500rpm on aggressive. With 60fps locked. The shroud is made of a quality material and I love how it looks deff a solid GPU build.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

50 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

@Bleedingyamato New specs are in profile, got an EVGA Supernova P2 unit instead since it was on sale. :D

Also received my AM4 bracket for my cooler and was curious what it would look like in push-pull with a couple Corsair fans I wasn't using..should I keep it this way?IMG_20170528_222915.thumb.jpg.a9fa44091e6ac8dd5043385c1731a8e6.jpg

IMG_20170529_010606.jpg

Oh look one of those ULine fans

1 hour ago, tmcclelland455 said:

General consensus would indicate that it has the best temperature and sound output of all the 1060's.

Hopefully better than MSI did with their 1080 ti cards.  I'm almost positive I saw a comparison chart showing one or two MSI 1080 ti cards being not so great compared to EVGA or ASUS for examples.  

34 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Also received my AM4 bracket for my cooler and was curious what it would look like in push-pull with a couple Corsair fans I wasn't using..should I keep it this way?

It didn't tag correctly you're lucky I saw this.  ?

I assume that P2 is very good also like the seasonic one you were considering?  ?  

I used to have a B2 but I like my seasonic platinum rated PSU better because it's not as long front to back in my case.  I mean the B2 was more of a rectangle but the seasonic is a cube I believe.  

Two fans look nice and symmetrical but I'd suggest competing temps and noise to determine whether you prefer 2 fans or 1.  

Nice touch putting the figure in there.  ?

22 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Sound of the card is up to you. Put it in the slave bio and just put it on quiet through precision X or put it on aggressive. I'm seeing temps in the 50's on aggressive in the Witcher 3 maxed out at 3440x1440p. Fans only spinning at 2500rpm on aggressive. With 60fps locked. The shroud is made of a quality material and I love how it looks deff a solid GPU build.

I mean on average does it seem generally quieter/same/louder than other cards you've used?

Is the 60 fps lock because your monitor is 60Hz or another reason?

Did you use afterburner or a different program to lock the fps?

I actually just got The Witcher 3 on GOG the other day (The version with all the dlc for $25 on a sale they had going.)  It'd be fun to see how a 1080 ti handles it assuming I finally get the FTW3.  

I want a FTW3 but it's far more expensive than even my G1 1070 was when I got it so I've been having a little purchase anxiety.  ?

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Hopefully better than MSI did with their 1080 ti cards.  I'm almost positive I saw a comparison chart showing one or two MSI 1080 ti cards being not so great compared to EVGA or ASUS for examples.  

I assume that P2 is very good also like the seasonic one you were considering?  ?  

I used to have a B2 but I like my seasonic platinum rated PSU better because it's not as long front to back in my case.  I mean the B2 was more of a rectangle but the seasonic is a cube I believe.  

Two fans look nice and symmetrical but I'd suggest competing temps and noise to determine whether you prefer 2 fans or 1.  

Nice touch putting the figure in there.  ?

I mean on average does it seem generally quieter/same/louder than other cards you've used?

Is the 60 fps lock because your monitor is 60Hz or another reason?

Did you use afterburner or a different program to lock the fps?

I actually just got The Witcher 3 on GOG the other day (The version with all the dlc for $25 on a sale they had going.)  It'd be fun to see how a 1080 ti handles it assuming I finally get the FTW3.  

I want a FTW3 but it's far more expensive than even my G1 1070 was when I got it so I've been having a little purchase anxiety.  ?

I returned my MSI 1080ti before it was delivered to get EVGA it was worth the extra wait

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

The 1080Ti Armor is genuine shit (literally an inadequate 1070 version slapped on it), but the 1060 Gaming X is almost always the coolest and quietest card in charts. And the TwinFrozr III I swapped onto my 7950 sure has me impressed as well. Right now in The Witcher 3 its pinned at 99% (aka full load) and its sitting at 65C and 35% fan speed. And IIRC the 1060 really isn't even all that different lol

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

On 5/25/2017 at 6:52 PM, ONOTech said:

I mentioned a GT 1030 earlier in this thread. Just opened up the box and omg this thing is tiny. 

IMG_5309.thumb.JPG.c3a6a43f087f989378767392815e53e1.JPG

That makes my MSI GT 730 cry. I barely bought my card like 3 months ago too. At least it was only 30$ :(  

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

38 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

It never tags correctly on mobile lmao. Might get a resister for 7v since Corsair fans are not quiet..but it's cooler than stock so there is that ha..

As for PSU, it's on the LTT tier list at level 1. ?

2 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I returned my MSI 1080ti before it was delivered to get EVGA it was worth the extra wait

For such a high price that's good to hear.  

2 hours ago, tmcclelland455 said:

The 1080Ti Armor is genuine shit (literally an inadequate 1070 version slapped on it), but the 1060 Gaming X is almost always the coolest and quietest card in charts. And the TwinFrozr III I swapped onto my 7950 sure has me impressed as well. Right now in The Witcher 3 its pinned at 99% (aka full load) and its sitting at 65C and 35% fan speed. And IIRC the 1060 really isn't even all that different lol

I'd still prefer Gigagyte, EVGA (ICX for a 10 series of course), or ASUS I think.

Aside from what I believe is a little coil whine I love my G1 1070.  Temps seem good enough to me and despite mixed feelings about the orange and that I can't lock the RGB to blue since I don't use gigabyte's oc utility I like the look of the card overall.

1 hour ago, silentprototipe said:

That makes my MSI GT 730 cry. I barely bought my card like 3 months ago too. At least it was only 30$ :(  

Is a 1030 much better?

1 hour ago, Mooshi said:

It never tags correctly on mobile lmao. Might get a resister for 7v since Corsair fans are not quiet..but it's cooler than stock so there is that ha..

As for PSU, it's on the LTT tier list at level 1. ?

You can mod the fans to slow them down?

I realize this may not be as cheap but you could look at Corsair's ML120 fans.  I have 3 as case fans and they're defintely quieter than Corsair's AF fans.  

Is the stock Cryorig fan that loud that you replaced it?    

I honestly hadn't paid that close attention to it.  ?

Sorry.  I didn't mean to imply the P2 was bad.  ?

Quick question: do you think titanium rated PSUs are worth it?  

Given that I'm likely getting a 1080 ti I was planning to get a higher wattage PSU to keep the max possible load under the threshold that seasonic has for the fan to remain off which would require at least a 800 some watt PSU I'm pretty sure vs my current 760W.

This estimation based on this thing showing 260W use (give or take a little) with Rise of the Tomb Raider running on my current hardware that's in my profile.

image.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

For such a high price that's good to hear.  

I'd still prefer Gigagyte, EVGA (ICX for a 10 series of course), or ASUS I think.

Aside from what I believe is a little coil whine I love my G1 1070.  Temps seem good enough to me and despite mixed feelings about the orange and that I can't lock the RGB to blue since I don't use gigabyte's oc utility I like the look of the card overall.

Is a 1030 much better?

You can mod the fans to slow them down?

I realize this may not be as cheap but you could look at Corsair's ML120 fans.  I have 3 as case fans and they're defintely quieter than Corsair's AF fans.  

Is the stock Cryorig fan that loud that you replaced it?    

I honestly hadn't paid that close attention to it.  ?

Sorry.  I didn't mean to imply the P2 was bad.  ?

Quick question: do you think titanium rated PSUs are worth it?  

Given that I'm likely getting a 1080 ti I was planning to get a higher wattage PSU to keep the max possible load under the threshold that seasonic has for the fan to remain off which would require at least a 800 some watt PSU I'm pretty sure vs my current 760W.

This estimation based on this thing showing 260W use (give or take a little) with Rise of the Tomb Raider running on my current hardware that's in my profile.

image.jpeg

Not much more then the MSI GPU so there's that.

@Bleedingyamato The stock fan on the H7 is actually pretty decent. Only slapped the Corsair ones because they were on a retired build and kinda collecting dust. I may use a diff set up in the future, but I like the dual fan aesthetic. :D

As for Titanium vs Platinum, I say it's not quite worth it beyond the bragging rights for now. Even Gold is still good ha.

I bought one of those little clip on phone camera lens kits, it came with a macro lens, wide angle lens, and fisheye lens (trash). It's pretty neat, and was only like $6.

Picture of the lenses: (Macro lens is screwed onto the back of the wide angle lens, which is on the left. Fisheye on the right)

Spoiler

20170530_003427.thumb.jpg.c0ed223387fdb20ebd4ea9a8aa026ff2.jpg

The macro lens lets me get pretty decent macro shots with my Galaxy S7. (Example below, I know, not the best picture ever, I was just playing around with the lenses and that was one of the pictures I took.)

Spoiler

20170529_204632.thumb.jpg.ce8a0f55ab9bfd7cc5624926a9325352.jpg

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

5 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

How long does the drive fly for?    I keep wanting one but they always have such terrible flying time.    Like 15 minutes and then I'm supposed to wait however long for the battery to recharge.  ?

Where'd Dogmeat come from?  ?

haha thats why you have a few batteries and a parallel charging board :P but yeah it gets 10-15 min thrashing around, its a racing drone so if you fly it chilled you'll get a very decent flight time specially compared to the overpriced DJI and other retail ones, If you want to get into it a great package people are really enjoying is the Eachine Wizard and the Newer Wizzard S or something, while not great quality and that it;ll get you in the air for super cheap. Check Banggood. 

Got him from New Zealands EB games, was on sale :) he sits next to my Computer now :) 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

36 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Not much more then the MSI GPU so there's that.

Even better if the 730 was only $30.  

15 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

@Bleedingyamato The stock fan on the H7 is actually pretty decent. Only slapped the Corsair ones because they were on a retired build and kinda collecting dust. I may use a diff set up in the future, but I like the dual fan aesthetic. :D

As for Titanium vs Platinum, I say it's not quite worth it beyond the bragging rights for now. Even Gold is still good ha.

So you swapped a quieter fan for two louder ones because you felt sorry they were in a drawer somewhere?  lol

Dual fans is cool but maybe consider quieter dual fans?  ?

Or or see if there's a "quiet" or "silent" fan curve option in your bios for the CPU fan.  That could maybe help reduce noise.  

13 minutes ago, yathis said:

Trojan Condoms XXL studded

XXL or XS?  lol

(Kidding.  I have no desire to comment on/discuss/think about your man parts.)

1 minute ago, Not_Sean said:

haha thats why you have a few batteries and a parallel charging board :P but yeah it gets 10-15 min thrashing around, its a racing drone so if you fly it chilled you'll get a very decent flight time specially compared to the overpriced DJI and other retail ones, If you want to get into it a great package people are really enjoying is the Eachine Wizard and the Newer Wizzard S or something, while not great quality and that it;ll get you in the air for super cheap. Check Banggood. 

Got him from New Zealands EB games, was on sale :) he sits next to my Computer now :) 

I'd love a drone with a camera and maybe at least a video screen on the controller so I can see where it is better.  

Maybe record aerial videos that would be cool if there's a way to do that.  

What's Banggood?  Sounds naughty.  ?

Nice.  I never got a different companion in FO4 because I was afraid he'd wander off and I'd never find him.  

Which is odd because IRL dogs scare me...   

20 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Even better if the 730 was only $30.  

So you swapped a quieter fan for two louder ones because you felt sorry they were in a drawer somewhere?  lol

Dual fans is cool but maybe consider quieter dual fans?  ?

Or or see if there's a "quiet" or "silent" fan curve option in your bios for the CPU fan.  That could maybe help reduce noise.  

XXL or XS?  lol

(Kidding.  I have no desire to comment on/discuss/think about your man parts.)

How dare you call them man parts what if he identifys as a women. That would make it a women part you transphobic bigot I hope your employer fires you for being transphobic it's 2017 we live in a post genital society! :P lol jk xD haha better keep this post away from she's. 

Spoiler

What if he has both @_@ scary isn't it!

6 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

How dare you call them man parts what if he identifys as a women. That would make it a women part you transphobic bigot I hope your employer fires you for being transphobic it's 2017 we live in a post genital society! :P lol jk xD haha better keep this post away from she's. 

Reveal hidden contents

What if he has both @_@ scary isn't it!

With humor like that I can only imagine how scary yet interesting talking to you IRL would be.  ?

I'd never know if I'm being yelled at or teased.  lol

24 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

With humor like that I can only imagine how scary yet interesting talking to you IRL would be.  ?

I'd never know if I'm being yelled at or teased.  lol

At least I figured out what a yamato is

They make inert ovens (among other things) and we have some at work.

http://yamato-scientific.com/product/ovens/index.htm

So I guess a bleedingyamato would be an inert oven thats leaking? I'unno

Promises were broken, mistakes were made, LP was bought, yadda yadda

IMG_1210.thumb.JPG.d8b0a05a01b43a470a00d4c4db9ec6c0.JPG

That is Das Tor zur Hölle by Dämonenblut.

Very punk/Oi! inpired black metal. Played the way only the Germans know how. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

8 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Is a 1030 much better?

Well its like 90% 750ti so yeah it is. GTA 5 can run at like 1080p high at 35 to 40 fps (I dont remember the exact amount) vs the GT 730 barely pushing 30 at 1080p low 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Just now, ONOTech said:

It's a pretty cool card actually! For $30, I don't think you could have done much better unless you want a power hungry, older generation video card. :P

Yeah, Its a great card. I was insanely lucky to score a GDDR5 version for that price. Lighter games like CS:GO run flawlessly. Hell even some AAA games run well on this card (Lol Crysis 3 at 1080p low). 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575