Show off your latest purchases

Just now, Xanthe_2871 said:

Looks safe to me... they wouldn't sell it otherwise, right? 

You tell me time traveler. What happens if I use it?

2 minutes ago, EverythingPinkIsMagic said:

You tell me time traveler. What happens if I use it?

Can't say. You never did, nor will ever do, anything significant enough to be noteworthy (in my past). Your phone and/or fan was never recorded, so I wouldn't know.  

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Just now, Xanthe_2871 said:

Can't say. You never did, nor will ever do, anything significant enough to be noteworthy (in my past). Your phone and/or fan was never recorded, so I wouldn't know.  

Ouch! Sorry I asked. ?

38 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What size board is that?

Why change CPU and GPUs in this thing so often?

I do t know tbh is a dual sock board so it's very wide. It's an asus z9pe d8 ws.  I change cpus and gpus depending on what I want to do,  most of the time I'm overclocking and benchmarking. Sometimes I run bionc or f@h if it's cold in my room. Occasionally I play a game and I'll just pick whatever gpu it runs best on as some games prefer nv and some amd,  also if it supports sli or cf I will use multi cards.  Just the other week I was playing metro last light on 3 780,  2 in sli and one just for physiX.  If I'm just binning socket 775 cpus then I will just use an air cooler and a gt610 or 8400gs.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

battlefield-1-logo.jpg

This :D Hesitated at first, since I wasn't sure if my CPU would be able to handle it. Have only spent a few hours in campaign so far, but I love it. I really have to give it to DICE, they nailed it with the WWI setting - creating both some decent "heroic" stories without glorifying the war and giving the player a decent feeling for the horrors that were.

Plus, I'm quite surprised by my 2500 non-k. Combined with a 970, I get a pretty solid 60 fps with dips into the 50's at high settings in 1440p. Guess I will dial that back to medium once online, but it's still pretty solid for a 5 year old CPU. 1440p might as well be to much for the 970, since its VRAM is pretty much pinned at 3.5GB

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

On 9.9.2016 at 2:53 AM, NickTheMajin said:

Yup they are heavenly. Took awhile to position them though. I'm with the rents while I house shop so I have quite a small area for them. They sound like heaven though and I can only imagine how good they'll sound once I'm out of this cramped room and have a big area to position them in. 

That and I'll be able to get the Motif X center channel, a sub and some surrounds xD

Keep us update when you move (pics). Because in this room this really looks sad lol.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

4 hours ago, Speakerator said:

battlefield-1-logo.jpg

This :D Hesitated at first, since I wasn't sure if my CPU would be able to handle it. Have only spent a few hours in campaign so far, but I love it. I really have to give it to DICE, they nailed it with the WWI setting - creating both some decent "heroic" stories without glorifying the war and giving the player a decent feeling for the horrors that were.

Plus, I'm quite surprised by my 2500 non-k. Combined with a 970, I get a pretty solid 60 fps with dips into the 50's at high settings in 1440p. Guess I will dial that back to medium once online, but it's still pretty solid for a 5 year old CPU. 1440p might as well be to much for the 970, since its VRAM is pretty much pinned at 3.5GB

Is there a decent length single player mode?  Or is it a crazy short intro to the game like previous Battlefield games?

6 hours ago, Jumper118 said:

I do t know tbh is a dual sock board so it's very wide. It's an asus z9pe d8 ws.  I change cpus and gpus depending on what I want to do,  most of the time I'm overclocking and benchmarking. Sometimes I run bionc or f@h if it's cold in my room. Occasionally I play a game and I'll just pick whatever gpu it runs best on as some games prefer nv and some amd,  also if it supports sli or cf I will use multi cards.  Just the other week I was playing metro last light on 3 780,  2 in sli and one just for physiX.  If I'm just binning socket 775 cpus then I will just use an air cooler and a gt610 or 8400gs.

It puts off enough heat to warm your room?  Is it supposed to be able to do that?  >_>

Does having a GPU for just PhysX improve performance or make no difference?  

I think I watched a video once that showed it didn't help but I honestly don't remember for certain.

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

It puts off enough heat to warm your room?  Is it supposed to be able to do that?  >_>

Does having a GPU for just PhysX improve performance or make no difference?  

I think I watched a video once that showed it didn't help but I honestly don't remember for certain.

yeah with 3x780 and 2x 8 core xeons i was pulling 1100w :D it had a 1080 rad to cool it so was all good. idk if it made a difference using 2 3rd 780 for physx but i had it in the system so i though i might as well :D 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

10 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Is there a decent length single player mode?  Or is it a crazy short intro to the game like previous Battlefield games?

It's pretty short. They tell the story of 5 different characters at different locations during the war, introducing the game mechanics along the way. It's definitely not worth getting the game soley for the campaign - IMO all Battlefield titles have ever been focused on the multiplayer - but it's a really nice addition. So far, I really liked most of the Chapters. And as I said, it gives the game a nice vibe, wiping away some of the "gloryousness of war", so no one will run around talking about how great WW1 was.

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

5 minutes ago, Speakerator said:

It's pretty short. They tell the story of 5 different characters at different locations during the war, introducing the game mechanics along the way. It's definitely not worth getting the game soley for the campaign - IMO all Battlefield titles have ever been focused on the multiplayer - but it's a really nice addition. So far, I really liked most of the Chapters. And as I said, it gives the game a nice vibe, wiping away some of the "gloryousness of war", so no one will run around talking about how great WW1 was.

Yeah I found out how terrible the campaign was for BF3 I think it was.  Bought the game at launch and beat the campaign in about 3 hours.  Then I sold it the next day.  Terrible waste of money.  But the worst thing was it felt very poorly made.  The game itself felt basic/unpolished if that makes any sense.

Worse it had some bugs including one that caused the other soldiers that were supposed to be helping me clear a hill in a city to not spawn and so I almost couldn't get past that because the game had a lot of enemies because you're supposed to have help killing them all to move on.

I don't think people would start saying war is awesome.   There's been enough WW2 shooters and games like Battlefield and that hasn't happened.  But yeah WW1 was a particularly nasty war.  Definitely not something any sane person would want to experience firsthand.  

33 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

yeah with 3x780 and 2x 8 core xeons i was pulling 1100w :D it had a 1080 rad to cool it so was all good. idk if it made a difference using 2 3rd 780 for physx but i had it in the system so i though i might as well :D 

How many fans are in a 1080 rad?  It must be a lot.  lol

I wish I had lots of random computer parts to just tinker with like you do.  That would be a lot of fun.  ?

How many fans are in a 1080 rad?  It must be a lot.  lol

I wish I had lots of random computer parts to just tinker with like you do.  That would be a lot of fun.  ?

just 4 180mm fans. yes it is very fun indeed :) 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

DOOM, Witcher 3 (GoTY), and a steam controller.

Gonna sit my ass on the couch for a while to come. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

17 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Yeah I found out how terrible the campaign was for BF3 I think it was.  Bought the game at launch and beat the campaign in about 3 hours.  Then I sold it the next day.  Terrible waste of money.  But the worst thing was it felt very poorly made.  The game itself felt basic/unpolished if that makes any sense.

[...]

I don't think people would start saying war is awesome.   There's been enough WW2 shooters and games like Battlefield and that hasn't happened.  But yeah WW1 was a particularly nasty war.  Definitely not something any sane person would want to experience firsthand.  

Yeah, well, I guess development mostly focussed on the multiplayer :D It's kinda that that there are no larger scale singleplayer FPS games like that at the moment, most include big chunks of GPG elements...

Yeah, sure, no one would say that (I hope) - but as far as I remember, DICE got some bad publicity when they were accused that they made a game of something so tragic / made WW1 "something fun" / a game. And the campaign counters these accusations pretty nicely.

38 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

just 4 180mm fans. yes it is very fun indeed :) 

Any chance you could show me a picture?    I'd love to see what 4 giant fans look like next to each other.  I didn't know anyone made case fans that big.  ?

27 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Any chance you could show me a picture?    I'd love to see what 4 giant fans look like next to each other.  I didn't know anyone made case fans that big.  ?

P1011333.JPG

thats with 9 120mm fans

P1010239.JPG

thats with 4x180mm fans

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

On 23/10/2016 at 2:43 AM, tmcclelland455 said:

-snip-

Just wanted to make a quick update at this, since we ordered new holding metal arms and a wooden shelve, because this thing is massive in terms of weight, compared to other microwaves :p. Was shot on a OnePlus X, with flash since it was necessary, not the best photo :(.

IMG_20161024_213406[1].jpg

Groomlake Authority

2 hours ago, Jumper118 said:

thats with 9 120mm fans

thats with 4x180mm fans

That's cool.  Is that rad custom or did you buy it?  Either way very impressive.

13 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

That's cool.  Is that rad custom or did you buy it?  Either way very impressive.

its a watercool MO RA 360LT, i would have prefer black but i bought it second hand with the fans for good price so i bought it anyway.

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Got a Logitech MX Master. Mouse isn't too bad, but its software is too dumb down for my liking. Thinking about switching to something else.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

3 hours ago, Jumper118 said:

thats with 9 120mm fans

thats with 4x180mm fans

brb just made a mess in my pants

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

41 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

its a watercool MO RA 360LT, i would have prefer black but i bought it second hand with the fans for good price so i bought it anyway.

Always nice to get a good deal.  I just won a new/sealed copy each of Bitdefender Total Security 2016 and Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2016 for $37 including shipping on eBay.

So what is the intended use for that?  People who want to do hardcore water cooling?

Black would be better but the one you got still looks cool.

Always nice to get a good deal.  I just won a new/sealed copy each of Bitdefender Total Security 2016 and Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2016 for $37 including shipping on eBay.

So what is the intended use for that?  People who want to do hardcore water cooling?

Black would be better but the one you got still looks cool.

My idea of getting a bigger single rad was that I can run 2 Xeons and 2-4 gpus on water without having to have a billion fittings and lots of tubes that I would need for 3x 360 rads or 2x 480 rads.  It also means I can use less and larger fans which don't make as much noise. It's not a good rad if you want to have it internally in a case as its big but for my usage it's perfect. 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme